Announcing the Official DCUO Discord!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Too bad, I know you guys would love me dancing the hula hula with just a towel on~
    • Like x 1
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Already there is a time that my league has been using the discord in order to communicate. Mainly because we have players from both the PC and PSN. And how it can be used both as a PC for a mobile phone. It was a great option. I'm glad to see that developers are using the same program we choose to communicate.:)
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Discord does support YouTube links rather easily.
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Bagofboom will not like to read this :p
    • Like x 1
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

And it supports push to talk. I repeat, it supports push to talk. That is all.

push to talk :D
    • Like x 4
  6. quirkers Well-Known Player

Looks awesome and I am really enjoying this increased interaction/feedback with players. :oops:

More of a curious question: Will you (or any staff members) be compiling a list of the questions and their responses from office hours at any point?
  7. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Why? What's wrong with answering questions & requests on the forums?
    • Like x 2
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

most likely bcuz the Forums is tedious to weed out the good information with players going back and forth. but if you have an EXCLUSIVE time frame for these questions.. its easier to manage, as its based on TIME availability. Not all players will be available during this time so players will be able to get the messages and questions across HOPEFULLY!. From my understanding.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You can get them all one one character.
  10. Bloodphage New Player

Ok. Here is my problem: I transferred my PS3 version of DCUO to PS4. Its been that way for two years. No problems until last week. After I downloaded an update I could not get back on. Out of the blue I decided to try to see if the game would play on the PS3 and what do you know it worked. All of my toons and all of the advancements I made on the PS4 were back on the PS3. I still play on the PS3 but would rather be back on the PS4. I'm completely clueless as to what happened and would greatly appreciate some help.
  11. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I downloaded Discord, but I can't join the server. I type in the invite code, and it says invalid code or expired.
    • Like x 1
  12. CyrusXavier9584 Level 30

What's the discord # number or email
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I tried to get it to work but I don't have the time to waste messed they have the forums they should use them.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just click in the invite link in the original post.
  15. gamma 9 Active Player

Hmm so does that mean they will ignore the past forums (requests/wish lists) that they havent read yet, once this dcuo walky talky thingy is up n running? Just a random thought..hahaha
  16. Knightmare Active Player

No, this just adds an avenue of communication that could be used for all kinds of communication with the devs during events as well as development. It's one of the best ideas I have ever heard of them having as long as the moderation is done properly and on point.

It could have come in handy when Mepps hypothetically visits your in game wedding/event, but I digress :p

Yeah FR has been using discord for about 5 months and although it doesn't have a lot of cool utilities that team speak had , it has some really cool features. Two thumbs up !!
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I tried that a bunch of times and it didn't work.
  18. Knightmare Active Player

Did you already create a discord account? As stated previously , we've had our server up and running for months, all I did was click the link and the DCUO server instantly popped up in the discord APP
  19. gamma 9 Active Player

Best idea ever...ok ill roll with that..but i also hope they can implememt alot of whats asked for technically given programming restraints etc because most requests arent outlandish...ie a new power or 2 :), new type of trnket, friends list role icons (tap square to select an icon for selected friend) genius..tadaa.. yop iam level 30 bro!!!!....Dc Rocks!!!!
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I don't about official creations but I went ahead did one: Q&A Style - Office Hours October 7th, 2016

If you like this style please show your support here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...scord-weekly-office-hours-transcripts.280089/

It'll help motivate me to put in the extra work. :)
    • Like x 1