Available Now: Game Update 64!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Game Update 64 is now available, and it brings with it two potentially terrifying events if you don’t have your wits about you.

The Witching Hour

The Witching Hour, DCUO’s Fall Seasonal Event, has returned once again! It’s up to you, heroes and villains, to head to the streets of Gotham City and inside the Midnight Masquerade Nightclub and see if you can get a handle on the horrors that are haunting it. Heroes, you’ll look for the Phantom Stranger inside the East End Safehouse; villains, find Tala inside The Tap Room in Burnley. They will have further instructions for you!

[IMG]

Each day of the event, look for The Witching Hour in your Mission Journal; complete the mission and earn Spooky Bites, which can be used in Skeets’ Boo-tique for the latest in scare-wear, tricks, treats, and creepy items for your Base or League Hall. To queue for The Midnight Masquerade, go to your On Duty UI and look under the Events tab. The mission and the event are available to players at or above Level 10.

[IMG]

If you want to stock up on the latest items but don’t have quite enough Spooky Bites, visit the Marketplace! Spooky Bites can now be purchased and then used in game at Skeets’ Boo-tique.

And don’t forget to visit The Vault during The Witching Hour. It’s a bit spookier in there than you’re used to!

In 2016, The Witching Hour brings with it new Base Items, Feats, and Styles! If you get any for your character, make sure you share screenshots with us on Twitter (@DCUO) or here in this thread!

Survival Mode: Oan Sciencells

You have faced the worst of the universe before, but not like this! With the return of Survival Mode: Oan Sciencells, you’ll be faced with stronger foes and increased challenges. Queue up and see how long you can last against unending waves of the slew of universal criminals threatening to escape. Players can queue up for Survival: Oan Sciencells in the Event tab (if they meet the CR requirement).

With GU64, Survival Mode: Oan Sciencells will feature new Exo Pants and Custom Exo Back for rounds 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10!

[IMG]

Requirements: 8 Players, Minimum CR 173 (175 Recommended).

Aura Pack II + Spooky Bites

New Vapor Aura variants and Spooky Bites (seasonal currency) are now available in the Marketplace! Visit this article for all the details!

[IMG]

Want More?

The full patch notes for GU64 are available here.
    • Like x 2
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

c/p "SUPER GREAT!!!!!"
  3. coco Committed Player

You can't buy new aura pack or spooky bites from skeets legendary vendor?
    • Like x 1
  4. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Aura Pack II looks awesome woot!
  5. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

Go to the marketplace vendor @ the pd's. ;)
  6. coco Committed Player

I did it isn't there on the list.
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Pity about the price on the bites. Had it been lower, I would have grabbed some, but as it stands...it's time to grind out the alt army.
    • Like x 3
  8. inferno Loyal Player

I knew you were sneaking this in. Sneaky, sneaky!!
  9. Red Hood Dark New Player

we do not see the vapor auras except orange !!!! i am disgusted
  10. ShoRyuu Active Player

my only question: when is the last day of the witching event?
    • Like x 1
  11. DarthVader2093 New Player

josh can you help my hero on dcuo if you get online let me know
  12. ShoRyuu Active Player

Im sorry mepps but u stated u improved fps for ps3 but i have been lagging every mins in there after update
    • Like x 1
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I'm glad SOMEBODY IS GETTING THE WITCH HAT.

Please put in on the vendor I cannot endure this suffering any longer!!!
  14. coco Committed Player

Yes I'm im replying to myself, Ty mepps for the prompt fixing of this!
    • Like x 1
  15. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Ghost portals in the open world do not seem to be popping up in as many places as they used to, is something glitched?
  16. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

It is now. ;)
  17. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

When you exit the PD, go left and stay at the waterside. there are 4 portals close to that spot that respawn quickly. ;)
  18. Dårk8Ø New Player

Seeing as it doesn't allow me to post anywhere else on these forums. Here will be as special as any other place. 23 f***ing times I've been disconnected from your servers in over 3 hours. Twenty three times!! That is disgraceful!! But, as long as the cash from those new auras and spooky bites keeps flowing, eh!?

Youse do nothing but f**k this game up repeatedly after every single update. Do youse even test these updates before release? Or is it just a big ole slumber party at mepp's place, getting wasted after release!?.

How can this continue to go on like this!? Wtf are youse doing!? I've been disconnected for days now, repeatedly. i'm paying a subscription for this. And I'm not receiving the goods that I'm paying for.

I'd like a Dev to respond too this and tell me how I get reimbursed for my membership for this month. If other people want to put up with this s**t, good luck to them.
  19. tokidokij Active Player

Are you sure it's not your internet? Also, playing on what system would help them know why you're disconnecting. I did hear that some PS3 players are a bit laggy since the new update.
    • Like x 1
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yeah, I know about those and they unfortunately were not even spawning that quickly for me last night. I ended up circling the 3-4 that pop near Ace Chemicals and even that was frustrating at how slow it was. I'm serious, it seemed as if except for those two spots there are none popping up anywhere else in the whole city and even with those two places where they should respawn quickly it was taking way too long.