Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marek Committed Player

I love all the posts about how this is gonna bring balance to the game. Power imbalance and replay badges is what keeps their lights on lol
    • Like x 3
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

my response to those that post without watching the Dev stream.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Speak for yourself. And if your not using a supply drop as a dps you're not maximizing your damage. And apparently more people didn't want the AM than did as the population took a huge hit once these started
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

<----- plays villains, has no issue pugging
    • Like x 2
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Content relevancy was a big part of that though. They wanted to squeeze people into a tiny portion of content (not even a half-tier worth) and make the rest irrelevant. Well, if it's irrelevant we should be able to smash through it. So the power creep exploded even more.
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You lost all credibility if you are referring to neo venom boost
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    With this community??? That will last all of a week before people figure out the optimal loadout and post it on Youyube and whatnot.
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

auto correct, meant buff just buff, but even when you say it depends on all those things, if content isn't geared towards that then it will just come down to who has more SP. I'm if it's more like AaB then great, if it's like DWF where adds and bosses where just doing OP damage, then that isn't really an improvement.

Hopefully seeing how SP you need won't scare them away like it did before.

They actually said NPC will have more health, not weaker.
  9. LT Schmitt Committed Player

The problem people had with AM was the cookie cutter load-out, now with the damage bonus being removed the powers should be more inline so if you like the ease of AM you can do that and if you want to use your weapons and power you can also do that.

Do you really think that the removal of the AM will be health of the overall game, how many people will leave vs those who come back?
  10. seek76 Committed Player

The population took a hit because of cr differential, relevancy, one mark system, over abundance of raids compared to other types of content and the quality of the content being released. If AM make that list it is literally at the bottom, but it doesn't really matter because it is not fair to blame the population drop on just AM.
    • Like x 3
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

AM dumbed down the game. Destroyed team play, encouraged the scoreboard, shunned 2 powersets for 2+ years, devalued support roles, destroyed pvp, broke old content, etc.

AM did more harm than good to the game. It also created very bad players, combined with CR differential it literally broke the game, otherwise they wouldn't be removing it
    • Like x 10
  12. David Ivanenko Committed Player

This is not fair, if they remove AM's "OP-ness" I won't be able to play while watching a movie, eating and texting at the same time, and I'll have to use more than 1 finger (giggity) to complete a rotation.

Think about all those mediocre/FOTM players and their YouTube guides. They'll have to spend almost a dozen minutes creating new videos with the new -marginally- best abilities to use.

People will have to play the game in a way that's closer to what made it popular, what are the Devs thinking?

/s
    • Like x 1
  13. David Ivanenko Committed Player

He was obviously typing Buffet, it was an autocorrect issue. :p
    • Like x 1
  14. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

I wish I could like your post by 1000.

The only bad news I've seen here is that clipping will be a thing again. :(
  15. LT Schmitt Committed Player

you call it dumbing down the game I call it make everyone equal.

as for everything else you cant blame AM for destroying team play or devaluing support roles because you still need tanks healers and trolls, yes while a select few can run without them most of us need them.

Just take a look at DWF you have a mechanic that takes away your power, and encourages two trolls but most would rather just have one and an extra dps. Do you really think that is going to change? No what you will see is only those with 250sp dps and everyone else support roles for you.
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

There will be no AM so to speak, there won't necessarily be any ongoing benefit in using the same moves present within the existing AM environment, the most "optimal" moves may very well change.

You're actually better off forgetting about the AM's as they currently stand and waiting until it drops on test and working out a loadout from there.
    • Like x 1
  17. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

poor DPS will have to think b4 they attack...don't know how something works...ever here of a little thing called...youtube...???
  18. Proxystar #Perception

AM Made everyone equal LMFAO!, Now I know you've gotta be trolling LOL

• Like x 5
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Clipping is still a thing, so no, clipping will not "be a thing again" cause it still is a thing.
    • Like x 1
  20. LT Schmitt Committed Player

alright let me rephrase that, it made everyone equal when it came to those in your power type.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.