Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

Not sure how you get from what Mepps said to all powersets will be the same. Abilities will differ in duration and range (melee or ranged). Standardizing damage to animation time just means that abilities that take longer to play out will do more damage. It doesn't mean every ability will do the same damage.
  2. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

This was my first thought and fear when I read the announcement ... that the only difference between the powers will be colors and possibly animations. Considering how many times in the past we have been burned by these so called "improvements," I too am confused by all of the jumping for joy. Fool me once ....
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Light clipping is still in the game I don't understand why you think its gone?
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Then there will be no uniqueness, people will still find the one rotation for each power and use only that, those that don't will be excluded.
    • Like x 1
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

Probably that before clipping meant lots of damage in less time, now Light clipping costs damage and is only good at the start of a rotation.
  6. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

So its probably been asked but how will pet powers scale in dmg after this update will they now be might based or continue to be cr based
  7. planetkiller500 Active Player

yes i also want to know about the pets being cr based,might based etc..
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

close is apparently relative to the person. 4x is not close. so a troll vs. dps example was bad. As a tank I am typically on the bottom of the scoreboard because most of my damage is passive. i pull, hold aggro, farm immunities, and block. That is what i am supposed to do and I am very skilled at it. To say that i would do close to the same damage as a dps that is just as skilled in dps and does nothing but attack while I perform passive damage there is no way for that to happen. I shouldn't even be within 4x of the dps. the stats alone would not allow that if skill points and mods makes a significant difference for each stat.
  9. megamanzero Loyal Player

Awesome news. I may have to start playing again.
    Cant watch the stream right now. Anyone know if they said a guesstimate of when we can expect this list of updates? Just soon?
  10. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Not sure if this is the right place but I was wondering if every move will end up with a dps/role component? Like using inferno to tank or voltaic bolt to heal etc etc etc
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

There will always be that one load out that's best but now there will be multiple load outs that are best but best for different situations. For example you'll want to use something different for adds and something different for bosses. Then you can have a more single target focused load out for bosses that are alone. How it is now you use the same thing everywhere and that's lame, boring and skillless.

I honestly can't wait to use some old load outs that used to work great back in the day and now with the power point thing I can try stuff I always wanted to but just didn't have enough points for. Way back when you could be using the same power (with some powers) but using different things and still do just as well. I'm pretty excited.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all.

If the developers do it correctly all powers will be viable just in different circumstances.

The only way you'll suck is if you use range moves I melee or vice versa.

Or naturally die too much or just generally are clueless. The Devs can't do anything about those kinds of players.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not talking about lanterns specifically I'm saying there is still a large degree of clipping in this game.

Even now with am if you're not clipping at least some things you're simply not doing it right.
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

They said old school JCing wont be coming back. Which i think we all know that. But at 55:25 in the stream the question is asked will there be any changes to clipping and clipping wpn attacks as they are now? And the answer given is no. No changes to clipping as it is now in the game. So people will still be clipping after this goes live. In fact when it comes to pwrs and dpsing after this goes live idky someone wouldnt be clipping.

Its like people think clipping is a tool of the devil or something. They have stated its intended, many times now actually. If ya go back to streams when new powers were introduced the dev showing the pwr off even says stuff like "u can clip this pwr with that pwr." Clipping isnt going anywhere. And idk how people "sneak in clips." U either clip or u dont ;)
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

Trolling was always dumb and mindless. What was actually challenging about double ticking, throwing out power dumps and occasionally debuff ing or stunning while doing weapon combos to build power up when needed? It was mind numbingly dull.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I disagree it is a support role that was all about the challenge of keeping a group powered debuffing shielding doing pickups because of shields and tagging etc even if somewhat frowned upon.

You had a partner you'd play with and would work with to reach this goal I loved trolling in oc days.

Trolling has been comprehensively broken down and destroyed by ams and power regen.

I disagree it wasnt dumb in t4 and t5 its dumb now.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Powers will always be different in how they are structured some may be similar and done not.

I world anticipate all powers will have power moves identical in terms of cast time and ability but that doesn't mean they are all the same.

It's hard to explain but I hope you get what I mean
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Yo, Devs! You forgot to remove clipping!
    • Like x 2
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

So I can finally go back to electric and use dots and burst powers again at the same time. I had that loadout years ago before weapon mastery came and told me I can't or I do less damage.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

That is part of the point in these changes.

It takes time to farm exobits for mods so the mods will become more meaningful so I would expect synthetics to be a thing of the past tbh or I hope so.

Synthetics are part of the reason people don't farm anymore.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.