Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stalwart New Player

On the surface, seems like many of the things that frustrate me about this game (and have made me only a sometimes subscriber) are being dealt with. The whole power points into other weapons to continue to grow was ALWAYS silly; advanced mechanics and WM are, as stated, hard to grasp for many new players. CR plateaus that took forever for a casual (even, like an hour a day) player to overcome, etc.

It can't be easy for the devs to pull the trigger on such sweeping changes, but bravo for giving the game a critical eye and seeing the need for changes.

Looking forward to seeing where things go.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

will the dammage dealt to adds stay the way it is (only the anount of hp they have gets counted) or will the numbers go finaly back again (dammage out counts and is shown to see how much dammage was given out, no matter how much hp the adds actualloy had)? because the old numbers were fair for slow dammaging powers with big hits...
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not officially back, just something this big is hard to pass up on commenting.

One main concern is all the content that was designed around AM, how much work to change that and tank mitigation along with armor penetration we had prior gu47
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I loved old school clipping :p And as of now i think its pretty safe to assume clipping will be the way to dps once this all goes live. I say assume and not certain because like u said we need details on a few more things. I know if it is a return to old school clipping that doing any kind of wpn combo will slow people down and result in less dmg. Imo it wont be like legends at all. Old school clipping people did a tap or a hold with their wpn then clipped it out. As im sure u already know this.

And the "i wanna see the animations" stuff has already started too. I personally dont care. I can stand anywhere and cast some pwrs and see the animations. If im in a raid dpsing i care about doing as much dmg as fast as i can and killing the boss ;)
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

could dot powers like electro and nature get an obtion to maintain theyr dots liuke an aura surounding them, or will they stay at how they ara: must be added from scratch if a new wave of adds apears? i mean, we need a grace period of at least a few seconds where poison spores fly around an erea around nature dps or at least stay around in an erea, same goes for electro. because, every time a new wave comes up, we need to apply dots from zero...
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i always liked your foresight on thingns like that
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

I need to understand how removing modifiers (and nerfing MD mod to hell) is a good thing?, a weak attack will be even weaker without both, how does that give us variety if only strong attacks will retain their damage?
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

JC clipping isn't coming back, and that was the true old school clipping. Clipping for all powersets, for those who want that play style, should end up being like it is for Earth and Sorcery users currently. The other powersets just won't be tied to their severely restricted AM loadouts and rotations anymore.
    • Like x 2
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

They stated that attack damage will be tied to attack duration. Effectively, this will be a much needed standardization of damage per second. A lot of abilities and weapon combos will be changing. What once was strong may not continue to be, and vice versa.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

My concern is #3. How will powersets be unique then? Because this topic has been brought up many times in the past and a lot of people on here said they would very much dislike if u guys made everything the same. The 1 quote that comes to mind is "what would be the difference between quantum and mental the besides the colors/effects/animations?" So animations would be different when u cast. But essentially have the same time. So casting time bomb will be just as fast/slow as casting mass terror. Just examples btw.

I said this yesterday over my ts. All powers are gonna do the same dmg and have the same or very close to the same animation times. And a few people thought i was wrong. But it looks like what power we pick wont matter. Or i guess the effects of your powers will be the difference right? I also find it odd people said many times b4 they would dislike this if it ever happened and now people are praising it that it is happening :confused:
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I never said anything about jump clipping/canceling at all. I said clipping. And u can still jump cancel some powers still now. U just wont get the dmg. And i personally dont count JC phantom triangle as old school clipping. I know that isnt coming back. That is why i didnt mention anything about it.
  12. Ichiro Loyal Player

Question

Support and dps are being brought to be closer in damage per the OP post and the stream. So a troll that specs full power crits and vit and fully mods for vit will be close to dps in damage that specs full damage crits, might/precision, and full might/precision mods. Assuming both have the same gear, same skill points how is that possible if stats effect the damage and skill points and mods are meaningful gains that should make it impossible for them to be close on pure stats alone? Not to mention that a troll would spend most of there time with POT, recharge, and debuffs things that don't amount to much damage and the dps would do nothing but attack for damage. How exactly is this skill and stats matter?
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Close as in numbers. Ideally a fully support and fully dps. The fully dps will do no more than 4X the support player assuming equal skill level
  14. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Fixed
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. inferno Loyal Player

@ avair or Mepps - Since Supercharges will supplant the removed damage bonus, will the DEV team be decreasing the super charge cost or increasing its rate of charge?

-- before you put it on test, please make another guideline on specific testing methods, goals, and etc...
    Maybe put out a test room where groups only have a boss encounter for testing purposes.

and for everyone else - for those questions that the DEVS have said that it is still being discussed or still being developed; just take note of the questions that way we can ask it again once they either update us again or once it's on test.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Power back should be dropped all together so it brings back 2 troll raid groups and not just a group full of dps. Group composition these days is sad...just pile in the dps. Thats bad for content design and just the over all experience and team work imo.

Power costs could be lowered a bit cause they are pretty high, after that is done 2 trolls should have no problem powering a group.

As for all other things i'm just gonna wait until things are on test to start giving my input. Oh and one more very important thing!! The cool down of Voracious plants for nature needs to be reduced to that of other powers similar to it like trans, striking stones, gauss grenade and the list goes on :D
    • Like x 2
  17. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

lol
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Thank you for also saying what I said.

Everyone keeps thinking it'll be green lamterns running around spamming invisible grenades.

It is not going back to that at all
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The head mods have already increased its rate of charge
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

I guess I don't follow you then. Clipping is in the game and is remaining in the game as is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.