Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I wasn't around in the jump cancel days, but I don't really like it. The old jump cancelling videos looked like a scene from "The Epileptic Justice League of America"
    • Like x 1
  2. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Maybe more Health / Defense so won't be so squishy DPS ;)

[IMG]
  3. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Not as I'm asking it. i'm asking if it's delayed. If the answer is "no" and I have to wait between 2-6 months to do something other than heal, I might as well just leave it alone.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I am kinda curious, all this shall only effect dps?

or would healers not longer be able to gain power from weapon master?
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

I've only been playing the game for a few months now. I am a 175 troll w/ over 8K vit.
    As a troll, I am concerned as to how this Advanced Mechanic removal will effect us.
    I know that whenever I DPS, I run out of power within 5 moves if I do not have my Battle Awareness activated. (I am a gadgets character.)
    Will trolling get a buff? What will happen to us trolls come update time?
  6. seek76 Committed Player

Ok much better reply Mepps. Although players look for the best to run anything, and that's probably not going to change, suggesting players in the same boat group for content doesn't exactly work in this game. There is a disconnect between what happens in game and what the developers expectations are it seems. I fully recognize there isn't anything you can do to enforce fair group play requirements outside of the cr gating that goes on, and the form your own group mentality that you believe serves this issue, but with the way you make content, teach players, and then distribute those players through a tier system makes it extremely hard to form your own group of like minded individuals. Taking into consideration those players who actually try to improve their characters, it just seems to me you just made it harder to do that by going to these changes.

These changes seem good for those players that are in good leagues, that have put the time in to improve their characters, have an extensive friends list to work with, but for everybody else it just makes the game that much harder to progress. I'm sure this is not your intent, but it is going to happen.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'll take this change even without JC and the speed of clipping we had back in the day.

I can't wait. Been a long time since I was actually excited about something in this game.
    • Like x 2
  8. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Disappointing, it will be a never ending complaint about balance until that is gone:(
  9. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Keep in mind dovetail animations will be under review. We may have some speed back.
    I just hope the stat revamp helps out my beloved combo healer power. Damn thing is in tatters
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On the contrary, we believe the revamp overall will put players much closer together and allow us to balance content better. This means less variance and less gap between the group that's firing on all cylinders and between the group that's failing miserably. And that means less failing groups and easier grouping and, maybe one day, players treating each other more reasonably. We do recognize there will be a little bit of an adjustment period, but that starts now - get some skill points now so you have some later with combat rating differential is gone.
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea my bad i misspoke. Sorry. But WM was in the game b4 gu47. WM was gu36. And a bunch of powers had their AMs b4 gu47 also. Actually the last power to get its AM was quantum right around AF2. Which was b4 gu47. So all powers had AMs and WM b4 gu47. That is what im talking about. Why remove all of that?
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

Yes if they recapture some of the early glory I will be happy. Friday i return to the game. Left when phantom zone dropped and not overly excited about the current state of the game.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All roles are impacted by the removal of power regeneration, and will also be impacted by the overall power regeneration rework.
    • Like x 1
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

When you find the coding that makes people treat each other reasonably, please heal the world ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But does the weapon mastery buff for a support role change?
  16. Tsuzura Well-Known Player

Does this mean we are also getting new/revamp supercharges for all classes?
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will be looking at the existing supercharges. More info to come on that.
    • Like x 2
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

with those changes where a dps can play the way it wants( u cant see from outside if the player is using right rotation/loadout like it is today the case) Scorecard needs to be revamped / improved and not removed, removing it would lead to playing only with Damagedealer(players) u trust else everything will take hours & hours until u find the weak link of the group and u lose the desire to ever pug again !
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Exactly thank you for supporting my statement ... It's the reason why I left

If they wanted the game to be all
    Dps then they shoulda done that ... And I'd get it damage is more fun but the fact that instances still had to have support roles to complete made for a bad system support roles are hardest to find for a few reasons
    1.) damage is more fun
    2,) support roles take the brunt of the complaints if a raid isn't going well .they get kicked or talked down to and treated like crap

Why subject your self to the scape goat... You're being forced to solo something in your role and expected to be exceptional or you don't get to complete the instance meanwhile the bottom dps gets to stay in ther...

For me the game was more fun when it felt more like a team effort and there was more to do then pew pew pew
  20. seek76 Committed Player

Thanks for taking time to respond to some of my concerns I appreciate it Mepps. I have 146 skill points, not a lot by the standards put forth by the community, but even with this small amount, I am able to do content just fine, I just don't want to be excluded because it is deemed ineffective to clear content.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.