Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Putting in the time to earn SP, farm materials, build mods, pay your lair rent, join a league and maintain the hall buffs should make a significant difference to your combat prowess. Not how many times you can reset the same piece of content in a week.
    If you have 2 players with the same CR and skill level but one has all the above buffs and twice the skill points of the other, then you should see at least a 15% difference between them.... IMO
    • Like x 1
  2. seek76 Committed Player

Great side step there Mepps. I guess it is nice to believe that this update will have that effect but if they can't get into groups because they don't meet the standard set by the community, how exactly do you propose they play the whole game to get better?
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

PLEASE: make earth pet crystal a ranged am, while AFTERSHOCKS will be melee for EARTH pleeease...!
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

5. light FX Steadfast Player

I just read the OP and idk what to say. Undoing everything done in the last 2 years seems silly to me. Its screams more of the same old same old. Annual direction change for the game. Why does this always have to be done? Bring the game back to like it was b4 gu47, simple. I for one am sick of this annual direction change stuff.

Over a year was just spent on midrange and us being told many times it was done to balance the powers and now it all gets undone completely? What? :confused: I dont want to be critical or negative but this just scream instability to me.
    • Like x 2
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

In fact I think I am annoyed about all this the more I think about it because it just means a longer wait for water, assuming were going still get that.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

No I see this as a return to oc days.

Be gone skrubs either man up and learn to play or hit the highway.

This is glorious absolutely glorious
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is a huge amount of skill points to be earned in solo or small group content, and these players are likely missing skill points from content well below them that will still be easy even if all they have is their gear. That said, if there are a ton of players in that boat, they should be able to group together. If not, those few should be able to get things sorted pretty quickly.
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Play with others having the same alleged problem ?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You say this:

But then you say this:

Confused.
    • Like x 14
  11. seek76 Committed Player

I have no issue with people being at a statistical advantage due to these advantages they earn, my issue is with the community and the ridiculous standards they set to run content that is now beings enforced by these changes. If a fully modded 200+ sp player buffed up through league hall and colas becomes the new standard for content, how are the people who don't meet those requirements going to run content? I know just better to quit the game and not waste the money on content or subscriptions because you have no chance to see the content.
    • Like x 1
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Right now between two players of the same skill and CR there is already a ~25% difference between synth mods and maxed stats as I showed here. If that gap is increased with this update, you should be fine :)
  13. Veritech Loyal Player

Mepps, will people still be able to play-from-the-tray dps? Can the people that dislike using weapons still be content?

I've read all the pages I don't think this one's been asked yet.
  14. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I still see no response about DoTs. I remember asking about this months ago Mepps and your response was "someone has to be last". Fair enough. Now it's not going to be touched until this update. If this is delayed will you buff the DoT powers?
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That is so dramatic lol
    • Like x 1
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

In the livestream, Avair mentioned players will be able to play straight from the tray, or use their weapon, or a combination of the two.
    • Like x 1
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

Thanks. I can sneak forum use on my phone in at work, but watching livestreams is pushing the boundaries of unemployment. ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Any change to the scorecard mepps, please say yes. Biggest issue resulting in less team play and more about being top dps.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has been answered a few times and was answered in the livestream.

This update is the improvement the powers untouched by midrange are looking for. Instead of buffing your AM damage, we are removing all AM damage. Additionally, we are cognizant of the friction between short fights and damage over time powers, and are keeping that in mind for this update and as we continue to fine-tune balance afterwards.

There are no specific plans to buff any powers beyond the stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not with this update.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.