LPVE or stop wasting your life for farm

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TiGGeR.TSK, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Fixed to you ;)

Now seriously, what stops you from running LPVE more than once a day? is it the loot lock? If so, flash news: you don't have to reset LPVE for the run to be recognized on the feat counter.
    • Like x 2
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

If you run 100x with every origins, then you get to 3/6 feats for every origin, wich is fast done. From there, progression gets slow because it jumps to 250... I did about 150 with each family to get 1000master, 750men, 500hero, 500villains, and 250 woman feats. I settled there because i desided that the time invested is not worth the gain and it gets boring to see all videos over and over again without them beeing skippable... I can suggest to do the same if you like and enjoy LPVE like i did, and go even further if you can still enjoy it later on... For me: i agree with the OP, and i guess i will do other things for now, untill a new legend, a new mapp or anything else will pull me back ;-)
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1) We are investigating if it is possible to and considering if these feats should be adjusted.
    2) The assumption in your math about playing one per day and thus it takes 14 years is...strange. Feats do not require content to be unlocked and these events take 5-10 minutes to run. Assuming the 5250 number is correct, that's just a few hundred hours of gaming. No sweat!
    • Like x 12
  4. Proxystar #Perception

5-10minutes? that's not taking into account the complete and utter ineptitude you experience in game with some other players.

trust me they never take 5 minutes.
    • Like x 23
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

5-10 minutes? Maybe with a try hard group... And even that's a slight exaggeration with some of these maps lol.
    • Like x 11
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

u should check the average statistic for finished runs , i would say ~ 15-20min per run.
    • Like x 12
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So no guarantee yay ^_^
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

This game won't even exist in 14 years
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's not at all strange.

First, the runs more often tend to be ten to twenty minutes to run, and frequently longer because under level 20 players will constantly join, have no idea what to do in an instance, and slow everything down, or leave and the group will go through a string of a dozen or more players arriving, looking, and leaving. Having to take half an hour to forty-five minutes for a simple run through LPVE Nexus, where the split will baffle newbies, say, is perfectly common.

And the fact is that this is all as boring as crap by now. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over every day is incredibly boring. It's the opposite of fun.

Who the hell wants to run the same LPVE instance more than once a day? Voluntarily? Anyone? Do you, Mepps, regularly run two LPVE sessions a day, every day? Why not? It takes so little time! Do you have the feats? But it takes so little time!

Mind, if you have all the LPVE feats, legitimately earned, my metaphoric hat is off to you.

But I'm guessing that you do not actually do what you're telling us all is so simple to do: run LPVE two, three, four, five times a day, every day.

And the reason you don't do that is the same reason most of the rest of us don't: because it isn't fun, and we have plenty else to get done.

I can barely stand to do one LPVE a day, myself, though my degree of unenthusiasm varies depending on the instance.

But suggesting that many players find it problematic to be required to do more than one LPVE per day is, in my view, a perfectly legitimate and accurate thing to suggest.

If it turns out that many of you devs have found doing LPVE to be so quick and easy that you've already legitimately earned the full LPVE feats, I'll agree that getting all those feats by now is a reasonable expectation.

So, can you do an informal survey of surviving devs and let us know what percentage has finished these feats that are so easy to get and take so little time and effort that they are "no sweat!"?

Thanks muchly if so!

I figure that if at least 50% of the devs have completed these easy-to-do, "no sweat!" feats, then you might as well keep the feats as is.

If, on the other hand, it turns out that you guys don't actually find it that easy and non-time-consuming and fun, and it turns out that only 10% of you have finished the feats -- or it turns out that none of the devs has legitimately gotten all the feats during normal daily play -- then, yeah, maybe you should reconsider asserting that it's reasonable to expect people to do LPVE multiple times a day, every day, and consider bringing down the top feat requirements. Thanks for any consideration of this.
    • Like x 5
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

One thing I want to add in response to a few posts I've read is that I don't think that LPVE is a bad idea. Not at all. While I would never want playing a character that isn't mine to take center stage being able to run instances as an iconic DC hero or villain is a very exciting draw for the game. Even with all its ups and downs I don't get how this game doesn't have a larger population. Just the simple fact we get to play with the classic versions of these characters should be enough to send a dc fanboy into fits of ecstatic joy.

I think this thread is more about the implementation.

Most of the juicy LPVE feats are done quickly. The team up feats, the checklists. The initial ones that give the biggest reward. Some of the duplicate instance feats might be a little challenging to a newer player (can't fight the power,the gotham courthouse feats, Smallville and bludhaven speedfeats) but even these will be accomplished in a reasonably manageable time frame.

What do all those ten point feats above 250 and 500 amount to? I'mnot doing the math but I think were talking about two or three skill points max.

Keep in mind I'm not really for or against nerfing the amount of runs its going to take to complete allthese...butI wouldliketo be able to complete them before the game eventually comes to it's last day.

Since its introduction I would do mutliple runs to get the team up and instance feats done and once thats accomplished I'd run one a day until the next new instance got introduced. rinse, repeat.

Doing things this way I totally burnt out on running LPVE for several months. totally fell behind.

What I would like is to see a better way. If the feats are going to be kept so high I want a few more alerts and even a few duos and solo instances brought into the mix for variety. I would like bonus weekends to count for double. I would like for special pre formed teams to earn extra credit as well. Go in with a group of Titans only, or JLAers only or or Batman characters only etc etc.

If these are going to remain they need to be refreshed and promoted better.
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Clearly mepps u havent randomly queued if u think runs take 5-10mins. Some runs do on a few maps sure. With a league or friend run. But blind queuing? Nah ive been in paradox lpve for over 40mins before. And i know others have experienced this too. And we know we dont have to reset for it to count towards the feats. But doing the same run on the same map more then a few times a day in content that a lot of people dont find fun is not something people want. That is why such a small # of people have finished these feats.

I myself dont like lpve at all really. So doing even 1 run a day is not something i look forward too or even attempt to do most days. Most of the people i know ingame feel the same way. Now that is not a ton of players. Maybe a 100. But there are others who feel the same way for sure. The last time u guys had all the lpve maps up at once i didnt even do 1 run.

Edit: what msticklefate said is spot on imo. What they described is what i and many others have experienced in lpve. Is there a way to look at # of people logged on daily and # of lpve runs being done daily? Multiple runs being done daily? Then weekly and monthly vs # of people logged on weekly and monthly. I think that would tell the story about how much people like lpve. Id also look at how long the average completed run took over a period of time. Like daily, weekly, and monthly.
    • Like x 3
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

Most of the good maps take around 9 to 12 mins to complete. HOD is the quickest.

I don't understand why people care when quite a few think that SP don't matter. The ones that want the achievement and SP will do it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The whole SP don't matter crowd is part of the problem. They should matter and although I support some grindy feats, these ones are so insane they're just stupid.

There's grinding and then there's LPVE grinding lol
    • Like x 5
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Hey maybe just give us all Feats Mepps, like Pest Control and Valentine's Day.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  15. Ekart Committed Player

It took me 4 years and 5 months to get the 25k exo feat. This, I just don't want to think about it. :(
    • Like x 2
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Could you concider removing the loot locks as well? I mean LPvE is no different from LPvP loot wise, why does one get locked and the other remains unlocked?
    • Like x 3
  17. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I've been in the wrong groups all along then, I don't think that I've had a single run that's been under 10 mins on any map. Its one thing to complain when randomly using the queue (low levels completely change the LPvE experience due to an array of reasons), but its another when you get a good group and it still takes 10-15 mins. Not sure about the full attention that's been given to the timer in these instances, but the runs are certainly more like 10-20 mins overall.
    • Like x 2
  18. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

5-10mins? Please inv me to your groups almighty one. Even the fastest ones take 10min Hod, trigon, LOA , the rest take 15min easily i ran paradox yesterday several times in random q and 18min was my shortest run.. People aren't good at knowing how to maximize dmg, they just spam random weak attacks and hope they kill it. These feats are wayyyy over the top and excessive, your time calculations are incorrect as those times are not completed by the playerbase on all maps except maybe 8-10min on Hod or trigon.
    • Like x 2
  19. Pults Loyal Player

I got to 1,1k in 3 years. I guess when I'll be in my 50's I'll get to the 25k mark.
  20. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Either the feats have to be nerfed greatly or the content has to be nerfed. You believe 5-10mins is average in Lpve.. Thats far from the truth. The buff you gave legend characters did make it easier yes but not enough to crush the content as fast as you stated. Before that buff Lpve was really challenging and impossible with unexperienced ppl. Now Lpve is possible with unexperienced ppl but it really slows down the run. Yesterday in Paradox i dmged 329k as cheetah by spamming the big dmg slam after tapping square a few times. Another guy was 120k and just spammed general zods laser[ so weak ] and weak melee attacks..Took about 20min.. Something needs to be done.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.