Job Openings with DB at Austin

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 17, 2016.

1. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

2. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Reading you say "we are growing." Is enough and great news. As you said, employees turnover is something common in any company specially in a competitive industry as it is in gaming.

#BatmanThumbsUp

See you around.
    • Like x 2
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Thank you for sharing that wonderful news Mepps :)
  4. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Just send my resume in:
    [IMG]
  5. Knightmare Active Player

Maybe Jackster ( he'll always be Statesman to me) should call up Positron and the old Paragon studios crew to help out here. I'm sure some of them would love to work on this IP
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Do DB run any internships for graduates ? Then again I don't live in Texas let alone America....
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I feel your pain. A few months ago I saw that had an opening for a writer, and when I decided a few days later I would see what working in the US entails the listing was gone. :'(
    • Like x 1
  8. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

Now 13 openings.
    • Like x 1
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Now, they have just 8

https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They aren't the exact same ones. They either filled or discontinued the older ones and added a few new ones. Look at the job numbers.
    [IMG]
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Idk how u view this B. I havent been reading the thread, just saw this post now. But imo this many open spots cant be a good thing right? Those senior positions seem like pretty important positions. Idk much about this stuff so i could be wrong. It makes me wonder why do they have so many openings? It could be a # of things. I wont say what i think it is. I hope they start filling these openings asap tho.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It can be two things.
    1) they lost people, which can be bad or good depending on who left. Chris Cao left and apparently it was better for the game as an example.
    2) They are expanding their positions. Which means they are getting enough revenue to support the game to allow for the expand. During the merge, they downsized the CS team, but they said the developers were untouched. But people left shortly afterwards.

In either case, I think it's good that they are looking for people. When I first posted this thread, I felt that way. Even now, after they changed to big content instead of monthly, I think it's good. But we would never know who left and who stayed. So *shrug*. Let's take the fact they got people a good thing.
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Still looking for UI Artist.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    Like I said, don't get your hopes up.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I guess that is 1 way to look at it. 1 could say they are looking for people because their team is smaller because people left for whatever reason. Or they are expanding like u said. We do obviously know a few people left recently. But they could promote from w/in and then look to hire a lower level position that is now open from the person who got promoted. Idk. Im not sure how to feel about it.

1 way is they already had a small team so it concerns me to see so many openings. On the other hand it could be what u said, expansion. I really hope its the latter.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I nominate ty for the job
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Keep looking! I think you'll find another one :)