Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I agree.

I just want to point out for those that may read and think if I do ABC all day then that gives the best numbers......

When to use this NEEDS to be considered. Enemy health level, Team set up, Power use, etc, should all be factored.

Lastly Recharge barely adds anything at end game level. Its power cost is high. The might/prec buff increase is so neglible I have a extremely hard time recommending it. It can be used but it barely does anything. If someones using a rotation with RC and the controller can't keep you fed stop using it. It doesn't help your damage hardly at all and is putting a strain on the group.
  2. TheeShaz New Player

What's the current combo rotation for max dps?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Very true, I tell most people use it when entering combat for the first time. If you are in combat at all, including doing a pickup or room mechanic if just tap weapon and combo.

The recharge isn't used for the buff, it's just used as a clip from Chompers. Just clarifying for those that might think otherwise.
  4. CassUV Well-Known Player

What about iF they change the power who has this critical?, maybe a power who has more proximity with the start levels of the tree. Would be more viable?.
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

Do you mean moving INSP up in the tree to make it easier to get?
    Sorry not really understanding the question.

If so you'd still really only use it upon entering a fight so at most your getting precision and crit boots for a little more than 10 seconds. The only way to make it truly viable would be to be able to use it w/ it canceling out the AM if you reapply....and that would likely make it to out of the +/-5% variable.
  6. CassUV Well-Known Player

I mean change the powers, ex. The Critical now works with Fan or GH or other power instead inspiration.
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

I ran a butt load of parsers last night using INSP II head mod. Conclusion = not worth it
    • Like x 1
  8. Delta796th Loyal Player

I highly doubt it, being that it boosts your precision and crit % it would definitely move HL out of the 35 30 25 (+/- 5%) base numbers that all this revamp was about.
  9. CassUV Well-Known Player

So how can we make this mod more viable for us?. Is there a way to make this mod viable as ice bash is for my Ice friends?.
  10. Delta796th Loyal Player

Don't think you can tbh
    Really any of the head mods for light will drop the AM and force you back to 1.5 - 4 second ramp period before it comes back up.
    You could use Inps clip (what we've been talking about earlier) of Ch / Recharge / Insp > combo chain when entering combat
    and it will help, but you are talking 8-10% TOTAL damage boost in the first 12 seconds of combat and that's all.

The problem is using a tray power drops AM, like I mentioned earlier, When last revamp hit, allowing clipping like this was putting Light way above the intended 35-30-25 parameters (pretty much what Mental is now)
  11. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

So, im really hating playing with Rage right now. And HL is the other power i really like to play, can anyone tell me if its doing better than Rage at least in pve? Cause i want to change till Rage get a buff or something....
  12. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Have you tried pvp? I'm working on a yellow lantern alt
  13. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Pvp is awesome i think HL has the best pvp out there, by far. Lot of cc, very good dmg, you have a shield... HL has everything to be the best pvp power
    • Like x 1
  14. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I made an alt hard light strictly for pvp but I'm trying to get me the light saber two handed lol. I'll switch to green once I get a green lantern emblem from the time capsule. I was lucky enough to get the yellow emblem.
  15. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

If i get one ill tell you, so i can give it to you
    • Like x 1
  16. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I'm premium at the moment. lol not sure if I should sub or wait until the new content. My hard light will just pvp than pve. Question: Triage or the 35% sc restore?
  17. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Im not an expert on hl, you should wait for other people to answer you, sorry :/
  18. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Meh me either. I was speaking of pvp by the way. I love chainsaw but a lot videos show light claw over it along with others. Inspiration is used a lot too. Chompers for the pi. Fan or grasping hand. I have the shield too and the last spot I became undecided. Either Triage, the 35% sc restore, or robot sidekick. Oh yeah I also have light blast. I believe inspiration mod will work in pvp open world.
  19. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Don't just blindly trust youtube video's.... Most of those video makers don't do any real testing.

CS or Claws can be used. CS will grant you a 50% damage bonus but cost more power and is more vulnerable to a blocking opponent.
    Claws will add a 35% damage bonus, cost less power and is more forgiving against a blocking opponent. How you use those abilities and your power rotations will/should have a bigger impact on whether you use them.

Same thing with INS. It can be good. Group make up should be a factor if your not doing 1 vs 1's exclusively.

As for Triage vs Restore. Each are nerfed for the heal in arena's. Each can be used. I feel that Triage is a little more user friendly because of these factors. It's a 50 % damage modifier, It cost power to use(SC gets reset when entering arena's limiting how quickly you can use restore). Each can be used to clip.

If playing with a healer in group you may want to consider just using Robot side kick since its a cheap power, will do some damage, and can help with causing splitting in group content.

All of the abilities you mentioned work just fine for most loadouts in some way or form. Getting them all is the tricky part. You probably will have to choose between a few of these powers.

I'd suggest trying each of them in combat and seeing how each work for you. If there are any that seem to help more or that lend themselves to you playing. Your own skill level will help you decide how you want your loadout set up.
  20. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I don't blindly trust YouTube videos. I make an educated guess upon what I see and I try them out for experience. Pvp is a weird way to see how the powers work due to others experience pvping. I lost badly against another hard light but I saw him using the spikes instead of chompers and used clap hands. I beat a fire dps with 101 pvp gear relatively easily but in both instances I got countered very easy. Is vit viable for a hard light user? I thought using combos would increase your vit regeneration faster if you had high vit but wasn't sure if I should have bothered. One thing is for sure is hard light 35% is way too op compared to rage lmao
    • Like x 1