5½ Years, Dozens of Styles, & Still None Based on This Character...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 11, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, forgot about the back of the belt, but glad you managed to get it (and is that the Compound Goggles he is wearing as well?) :D
    Now just need to find the appropriate pistols, fairly sure have seen a pair that match the drawing
    • Like x 1
  2. Mr Vigilant New Player

No, the goggles are just the regular ones from Character creation, I'm going to try and pick up some compound ones tonight...:)

Back in the 80's the Vigilante always used regular guns like on the annual cover I showed earlier in this thread - I've got a revolver skin but they're not really the same...
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Before last night, it sounds like you were the victim of a particular form of ************* that I've also run into in this game, namely players that will specifically farm for the rarest Collection pieces, even snatching them out from under other players that have been patiently waiting for them to spawn so they could collect them, and then they throw them up on the Auction Broker at extortionist pricing so their character(s) can get rich. It drives me up the wall! :mad:

And then, to top it all off, since they merged in the PlayStation Servers with the PC Servers, there's not likely to ever be a time anymore where I could log into a Gotham City that's a virtual "ghost town" because hardly anyone's online. :(

Anyway, congrats on finally getting it! :)
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

If you are waiting at a specific spawn point hoping for a specific collection piece, you are doing it wrong. All collections drop in certain areas in the game but each specific piece can drop from any node in that area. The street signs drop everywhere in Gotham (that makes it hard to farm for) so find a route that has a lot of spawns in a small area and run it.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this, I was flying a route over the general area of the city that the items spawned in, with my Radar Sensors on continuously, looking for new Collections to spawn, then I'd swoop down ASAP to grab it when it did. But I'd have higher level players than myself with faster movement swoop down from behind me, get there first, and snatch it out from under me! :mad:

Also, I can't believe how heavy-handed the auto censor on this forum is! :rolleyes:
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, since I'm NOT the first player to create Vigilante II, I decided I needed to make a tweak so that my version is just a bit different from the others.

The post of the concept art for the brand-new Vigilante V's costume made it clear to me that what I'd been thinking for awhile is indeed true: The Blue V is his primary Emblem, and the White V is secondary. So I've now changed the V on his Chest Style to blue, and eliminated the yellow from my Color Palette. The yellow will return only IF we ever get a 5th Color added in.

[IMG]

As for the White V, it will return if & when I obtain a Head Style for him that has the V on it. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Mr Vigilant New Player

Looking good!
    Looking Good! If only we could get that double V though.... :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Mr Vigilant New Player

Good Call, the Compund Goggles are a good fit! :D

[IMG]
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you're in the US shoot me a PM. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since he already got one last night, I'll shoot you a PM instead! ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I have been waiting for Lobo, Static, Hawkgirl and Aquaman for legends.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow, had no idea that the male Compound Goggles looked so different to the female :eek:
  14. Mr Vigilant New Player

They are maybe a bit small but give a similar sense of character to this cover I think... :)

[IMG]
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The female version is closer to the comic (the male Compound Goggle has two lenses separated by a 'nose' piece, as worn by your character, but the female is a single lens like snow goggles)
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Alright, update time! The Vigilante's first official appearance in ARROW is in the form of a "police artist's sketch" on one of Felicity's monitors in the 5th Season Premiere:

[IMG]

I'm very glad to see the comic book costume here. And then last night, we finally see District Attorney Adrian Chase for the first time in the show. Sadly, there still haven't been any on-set photos of the Vigilante in costume during filming. So now I'm wondering how long they're going to make us wait to see him in action?!? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yup, spotted that sketch, and was reminded of this thread :D
    • Like x 2
  18. The Loveless Well-Known Player

That is the most generic comic book character i have ever seen. At least the creators of Batman were trying.

Can you imagine if you were a foreigner hearing of 'Bat Man' for the first time in your life? You would probably laugh.

Vigilante is a really, really lazy name.

He had better be badass. He probably isn't, given that i've never heard of him.

Although...

If his stories are anything like the classic punisher comics i'd love them.

I also love the OP's picture of Vigilante III. Fem-Punisher ftw.

Makes me miss 'Silver Sable'...
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

On next week's new episode of ARROW, Adrian Chase is FINALLY seen in costume as the Vigilante! Here's what the actual costume looks like:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I was hoping that it would look closer to the comic book costume than it does, especially given the sketch in the Season Premiere. In the end, they've worked in elements from the costume later worn by Adrian's brother Dorian Chase...

[IMG]

...and the costume worn by what seems to be the most short-lived version of the character, a man named Justin Powell:

[IMG]

Unfortunately, that red "V" emblem will be virtually impossible to realize in-game, whether you're going for the costume seen in ARROW, or the costume Justin Powell wore in the comics. o_O

From the waist down, we can recreate the costume in the show pretty easily. From the waist UP is going to be a different story. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well there are a couple other issues involving "The Vigilante" Which one? Wearing what outfit?

[IMG]

Because THIS is the "Vigilante" as seem on the Justice League Unlimited Animated TV show

and before anyone says THAT was just how they decided to have him look on the TV show .. Here's a comic book cover

[IMG]

Also after I did the google search to find those two pictures I discovered at some point the V was white and blue NOT RED when we discuss the suit most are referring to here. So again which Vigilante and which outfit should they add?

By the way on JLU Vigilante was voiced by Nathan Fillion which is one big reason I remember the name and the character. I think He only showed up in 2 or 3 episodes but I LIKE Fillion and remember the first time I saw those episodes wondering.. "Hey what is the Green Lentern doing in that cowboy outfit?" LOL

Actually it is a pretty cool looking costume I could see it being added to the game.. Just no clue when or IF the devs will do so.