5½ Years, Dozens of Styles, & Still None Based on This Character...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 11, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah? No one had heard of Titanic Trenton (and he's on every. freaking. corner!!!), or Iron Kurtain either
  2. Nodens Dedicated Player

I wasn't aware anybody was claiming those 2 are famous, the way the OP here is about that "Vigilante" guy. If somebody did, oh well. No way I was going to read another 5 pages to find out.
    -Besides, I'm no fan of Trenton. Whenever you find him, he's posing for the crowd, totally oblivious that a cop is getting mugged 30 feet away. As for Iron Kurtain, how can he/she NOT be famous? Iron Kurtain is the ONLY openly transgender character in the game! One punch, and she suddenly grows an adam's apple!
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Much to my surprise, this newest Vigilante, Dorian Chase, the brother of Adrian, is actually going to be the hardest one to create in DCUO due to his body armor!

I just went through all the Head and Chest Styles on the Wikia pages. The only thing I could find that's even REMOTELY close to his V helmet is the Triface/Spacefarer Head Style:

[IMG]

As for his torso, there isn't anything in the game that really looks like his body armor with the shoulder holster rig. The only thing that's even remotely close is the Master Mercenary Chest Style, based on the Nu 52 version of Deathstroke:

[IMG]

And as you can see, it's still quite a bit different.

The easiest part turns out to be his V Belt. That can be approximated easily with the Sector Incendiary Waist Style, once he's able to obtain it:

[IMG]

At this point, I'm going to go with the classic Adrian Chase version. FYI, it's shameful that so many of you are ignorant of a character that first appeared in the pages of Teen Titans before being spun off into his own title, which ran for 50 issues. Furthermore, his solo title was initially written by Marv Wolfman, and drawn by GEORGE PÉREZ! This was no "4th string character no one's ever heard of", he was a major new character at the time.

Mark my words, once he appears in ARROW in the upcoming season, a LOT more people are going to be talking about the character here on the forums. EVERYONE will know who he is once those episodes air! :p
    • Like x 2
  4. Mr Vigilant New Player

I just hope he gets a costume resembling the 80's Adrian Chase when he hits the Arrowverse...

As for a DCUO style, I think we could get away with it if the Devs just gave us a double V chest and maybe a double V hood...?

I think the reason a lot of people don't know him is just a question of age - if you were into DC in the 80's you'd know about him - but to be fair he kind of disappeared after that...

Back then DC comics were pretty hard to get here in the UK - I still remember seeing the advert for the second annual in another comic and thinking wow... who is this? I need this book! I couldn't get it at the time but have since collected the series!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Mr Vigilant New Player

And don't forget the new mini series in October - The new Vigilante is nothing to do with Adrian or Dorian Chase but they've kept the colour scheme...

[IMG]

http://www.newsarama.com/30069-dc-s-vigilante-reimagined-for-new-title.html
    • Like x 3
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, to be fair, Adrian Chase's series DID end with him committing suicide in issue # 50! So, after that, he was only seen in the Land of the Dead during a Spectre story.
    So that means this guy is Vigilante V. I would've preferred a Modern Age version of Adrian Chase, since he'll be appearing on ARROW this season, but clearly the Powers That Be at DC are content to keep him deader than fried chicken in the comics. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, I went ahead and created my own version of the Adrian Chase Vigilante last night. I ended up using different styles for a couple parts of the costume than I had originally planned, after seeing how my first choices looked together.

[IMG]

I had originally wanted to use V Suit as the Chest Style, figuring that if he couldn't have the V on the top of his mask, then he could at least have it on his neck. But the Slimline mask styles don't cover enough of the neck, and neither does that Chest, so he ended up with an exposed Adam's Apple. In the end, I had to use the Chevron Slimline Chest Style, just like Mr. Vigilant did. And that left me with another problem... the Waist Style.

For a character of this type, I always prefer to use the Paramilitary Waist Style at Character Creation. But that sits too low on the character's waist, exposing the goofy trim the Chest Style has just above the character's hips (which seems intended to match up to trim on a matching Leg Style, but I haven't figured out which Leg Style that is yet. :confused:) So, I had to use Simple Utility Belt, just as Mr. Vigilant did, to hide the trim at the bottom of the Chest Style. :rolleyes:

Lastly, we come to the Hands and Feet. I had originally intended to use the combo of Clasped Hands with the Classic Slimline Feet. But after seeing how those looked in Vigilante's Black & White color scheme, I decided to try one other option, so I switched over to Classic Banded for both and decided I liked the way that looks better. So, I stuck with that.

Now to figure out how long it'll take me to get the mask and belt that I want for him.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I wonder if the winter seasonal ski goggles might not be closer...
    • Like x 2
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I might have to take a look when winter rolls around.

And now that I've confirmed that the Blue V symbol continued down the arms of his shirt in the comic, at some point, he'll be getting upgraded to the Protegé Chest Style, and I may change the symbol over to blue at that time.

I know the Nightwing fanboys will gripe if I do that, but Vigilante II made his debut in the comics in 1983, at a time when good ol' Richard Grayson was either still calling himself Robin, or if he'd already become Nightwing, then he was still wearing his original Nightwing costume:

[IMG]

So, if anyone's guilty of ripping off anyone's costume, it's Nightwing that's guilty of ripping off the Vigilante's fashion sense! How rude! :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr Vigilant New Player

DarkVisor over in the Costume Competition Thread suggested the Arkham Riot Belt, which looks good to me. All I need is Aparo Expressway Street Sign and it's mine... bad news is they're currently going for $250,000+ on the Trader :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Youch! :eek:

Is your Vigilante a Hero, or Villain? And which Server do you play on?
  12. Mr Vigilant New Player

Hero, on US servers (even though I am in UK) .
    • Like x 2
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What Level is your character right now?
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or the Compound Goggles
    Not sure why Aparo is that much, last time had a few (yes, a few) spares they were barely worth putting on the Trader
  15. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  16. Mr Vigilant New Player

Well if you find a spare one kicking about, feel free to send it my way! ;)

They were literally selling like rocking horse s**t yesterday. I went on in the morning and there were 3 on for about 300,000 and then by the afternoon they had gone but another 2 appeared for a similar price while I was running duos. I don't think they were the same ones as the first ones had a long time left on them but I could be wrong.

None of the other street signs were over 10,000 so I don't get it - the collections don't have individual drop rates do they? Is Aparo harder to get than the others?

Those Compound Goggles might work though! Will have to check them out...

CR42... wanted to make CR43 last night but I had to turn in at 1 am ;)
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have been running around Gotham (after running out of missions in Metro) and been looking out for Aparo for you (no luck so far :()
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr Vigilant New Player

Aww cheers! :)

I bought 2 Radar Enhancers from the cash shop yesterday and scoured the East End for one with no joy...
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Usually around the North Burnley Nightclub area, towards Monarch Card Company, rather than East End
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr Vigilant New Player

Got one... some lucky guy just made 50,000 on the Market ;) Easy come, easy go...

[IMG]

Just a pity it has a broad band at the back which didn't look right. I changed the colour to black but now it looks like the pouches aren't attached to anything... All in all though I can live with that to get the holster! :)
    • Like x 2