Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Mr Mythical New Player

I would like to add my vote for crossbows for dual wield pistols. And a hockey stick as a staff.

Also, more dual wield weapon styles with different types of weapons in each hand, like the "Nightstep Knife" style. For example, a dual wield style that is a sword shield combo, or a baton, riot shield combo. A mace/sword combo, etc.

For the one handed style, I would like to see a flaming sword. I know we have a fiery sword, but I would like to see a sword with a traditional handle and a fire blade with a flame animation that is similar to the flames from the nuclear elite head piece.

We also need more weapons with animations. There are some glowing weapons, like the glowing weapons that are available from the vendor in Gotham Under Siege, but I would like to see more weapon animations. Like dual pistol laser guns with an electric/pulsing animation. Or a Mister Freeze rifle with an ice/cold mist animation.

I would also like to have weapons with their own separate sounds, if possible. If we do get crossbows, it would be nice if they came with crossbows sounds, instead of gun sounds. Laser guns should sound like laser guns, etc. That might be asking for too much, but it would be nice.
  2. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Single pistol
    Sword-N-Board (sword plus shield)
    Spears (NOT a re-skinned Staff)...as in the polearms: halberd/pike/pola-axe/SPEAR...all of which can be thrown as a range attack
    Revamp Martial arts animations. Choosing Martial arts to be friggin Bruce Lee is what I'd thought I was getting 5 years ago, but...didn't work out as planned.
    Whips (like THIS hasn't already been resoundingly clamored for in 15,000 other threads lol)
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

A weapon that I dream! but dream every day about having is the optical radius we have the characters legends!:eek:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm just going to quote myself from the general Styles Topic:

'Nuff said, True Believers! :cool:
  5. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Indigo Tribe STAFF:

[IMG]

Nok.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

[IMG]

A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

FREAKING

KATANA
  7. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

ALL of the NPC ENERGY WEAPONS!!! Give us the rest of the Energy Weapons!!

Violet
    Orange
    Indigo
    Black
    White
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The correct name for that is No Dachi. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

At this point i don't care, it's been almost 2 years since a new style, I'll settle with whatever they add.
  10. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Legends Weapon Templates!!!
    I'm talking about templates like:

Superman/Supergirl/Power Girl - Brawling + Heatvision Ranged attacks
    Zod/Ursa - Martial Arts + Heatvision Ranged attacks
    Batman/Robin - Martial Arts/Staff + Batarang Ranged attacks
    The Flash
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

I'd love to have these for my Kryptonian, Speed Force, Lantern, and Bat Family characters. These should also include the cool graphical effects, like the BATS appearing after a Martial Arts Spinning Punch! (^_^)

Heck, how about letting us purchase Templates for either our Ranged or Melee attacks?

Maybe let us mix and match? Example: Martial Arts Melee attacks + Rifle Ranged Attacks
    • Like x 1
  11. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

Why do we not have Two-Face's tommy gun as an available style for all of us rifle users? I've been here since 2011, that style is long overdue. Harley's mallet would be a cool addition, too. You know what? Give us more iconic weapon styles, that'll work:cool:
    • Like x 1
  12. Sooner Well-Known Player

Ol' style Colt pistols:
    [IMG]
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I had thought we had classic revolvers like that, or at least Dirty Harry-style .44 Magnum Revolvers, but apparently what I was thinking of is the Tech Revolver Style:

[IMG]

So I guess everyone has to settle for that until the Devs program in something truer to the classic Colt Revolver. :(
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Dual wield and 1h version of the two hander beam sword. I have seen NPCs using them.

Some of the brawling styles to go to MA and vice versa

Atomic and Munitions based weapon styles

Battle axe with a dual blade that is not tech oriented. Metal Blade and wood handel would be appreaciated.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

martial arts and Brawling

When I use jackhammer there should be an imprint of your character's name in the floor lol.

[IMG]

Every thing here should be a style
  15. Sooner Well-Known Player

Yeah, they basically jump from flintlocks to semi-automatics in the gun choices.

From [IMG] to this [IMG]

The other "revolvers" have more of a cartoonish look to them rather than closely resembing the ol' Colts like these two do for their counterparts.
  16. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

So many of these have been just ridiculous - banana guns, really?

I am fan of the 1 handed classic Colt pistol, and I think a 1-handed pistol glass could be cool. If they put enough variations like small crossbow (Huntress style) and maybe a laser blaster (Han Solo style), etc. Of course you can recycle all the dual pistol styles into 1-handed styles.

I would like to see an old school Winchester Model 1886 for the rifle, as well as the AR15 (with grenade launcher).

Whip is a yes but I am not sure if it would be its own class of weapon or just be added to 1-handed.

Dual crossbows like huntress for Dual Pistols.

A wand, the Sentinels of Magic use them, so why can't we.

Also looking for a mace, like Hawkgirl, for 1-handed.

Harley's giant mallet for 2-handed.

A sword & shield combo could be cool but I guess that means a new weapon class too.

Can we get the rifles the Atlanteans use?

I would like to see a bow that looks "homemade" (like the "Primative Axe"), like it was made in the forest.

I was thinking we have standard size boxing glove, if not it should be there - as well as just tape wrapped hands (like Wildcat) for brawling and martial arts.

I would love to be able to switch weapons, like the Joker and Huntress legends do. I would spend a power point to be able to do that.

And I would love to see this a weapon class (or maybe a power set) - the Lex inspired Battlesuit. It would almost be like a skin, when you pick the weapon - you are put in the suit. You spend you skill points to buy the "attacks". So the standard single melee is a punch, and a single ranged tap is some kind of laser blast, and you build from there. Like a combo of brawlings melee and munitions ranged attacks.

Just my thoughts
  17. JoKeR_3_7 Well-Known Player

3 styles I would like to see...

1) Cant believe sai's are not in the game yet for Dual Wield...
    [IMG]

2) Robot Arm like Arsenal has in Young Justice...this wouldn't have to be a new weapon style but just a new style for hands.
    [IMG]

3) Huntress style crossbows for dual pistols...These are already in the game when you play as huntress so the animations are already there...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I want a broom as a staff style. You should add it to the upcoming Halloween event
    • Like x 1
  19. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

And I don't know how I forgot:
    Gladius, the classic Roman sword (really want to see this one for one of my alts)
    Knightly Sword (or Arming Sword), the classic medieval knights sword
    Rapier, for the classic fencing Errol Flynn type
    Cutlass, for the pirate types
    Saber, the classic cavalry sword
    • Like x 1
  20. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Why not add the rifle that Batman used in Batman v Superman: DOJ? That would be great.
    • Like x 1