New PVP Gear: Stat Gains & Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brother Allen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

#BringBackDoubleMarksInLairBattles
    #BringBackDoubleMarksInAceChemicals
    #1WeekAfterRelease
    • Like x 2
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Stat cap means that that is the highest amount you can possibly get. After that point, your stats will be reduced. You may or may not even reach some of those values (power pool and precision being two common one's). You often need to have 7/8 mods and 150+sp to even think of getting near a cap. And even when you get to that point, you just spec into another stat. Say for controller:
    1st - max crit
    2nd - reach the vit cap
    3rd - reach the precision cap
    4th - go for might/health/pow whatever

You just go to capping on other stats when you hit one instead of having your stats wasted at that point. Most people complaining about the stat caps are dps and they don't even hit them besides the might cap which is pretty useless in most cases besides power spamming cheese.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sarcasm Committed Player

Preach my brother !
  4. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

Mepps, here's a quick list of things currently driving people away from PvP:

1. Imbalanced powersets:
    Viable Dps for Team Matches: HL (Must), Ice, Munitions.
    Viable Healers for Team Matches: Nature (Must) - Bug Form power return is excessive, and damage is as well.
    Viable Tanks for Team Matches: Ideally none. If decided upon in format, Atomic or Earth.
    Viable Trollers for Team Matches: All of them, considering they act as nothing but power batteries without their former role of disabling the healers.

This is just the 4v4/5v5 Format, in 1v1/2v2 powers like Atomic and Fire are basically unkillable due to the Uni-Gear stats. and powers like Celestial and Munitions are capable of doing x2 the amount of AoE damage than any other powerset.

2. Open world PvP phase:
    PvE gear still available in the PvP phase (That same gear that you suggested would've rendered older PvP gear useless, Is doing it already.)
    WM and AM still active in their full potential in the Open World PvP Phase.

3. Weapon damage imbalances:
    Martial Arts Lunge is not in line with other weapon lunges, same with Shield's 1 Tap Hold.
    There's a lot more to this subject but considering there's a weapons update soon It's probably better to come back to during or after.

4. Role Decay:
    Arenas are basically "Legends with people capable of spawning barrels" at this point.
    Lack of RPS, and a designated target for each role made the game stale and boring.
    UniGear made Tanks unkillable in the 1v1/2v2 format and the lack of RPS debuffing/confidence boost made them completely useless in 4v4/5v5.

There's a lot more to add on here, including a simple suggestion of bumping stats on old gear and adjusting the caps accordingly so they are on par with current PvE gear, before you give us another set of useless PvP gear.

But I guess I'm focusing on the wrong thing..

Thank you for the new style.
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're definitely aware of these and other concerns. As much as you don't like to hear it, none of these were intended to be addressed in the suicide squad update. That kind of update would constitute a whole new season, and we'll make sure you're aware and involved in the testing of it as it becomes reality. This update is a new map and a new style.
    • Like x 3
  7. Soul Dedicated Player

Sigh.. I get it, but It's hard not to see how "easily" you could make this new set of gear at least somewhat useful.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to reply to these concerns.
    At the very least we're seeing some communication here which we were sorely lacking.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think what everyone is trying to say, but won't. Thanks for the new style, but style does nothing for pvp. If pve was this broken, it would be fixed. The problems listed are not concerns. They are major game breaking issues that drive people away. Your wording say it all. They are just concerns.

To me keep the gear. It's not going to make a difference. Focus on the CONCERNS.

YOUR PVP COMMUNITY WILL ACTUALLY BE HAPPY IF YOU ANNOUNCED FIXES RATHER THAN GRINDING!
    • Like x 2
  9. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Lol it's a "hey, suicide squad is coming out" update.

Everyone else that actually PvPs:

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't think that's true, but your point is well taken.
  11. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

You don't think its true that PvPers want fixes? o_O

Castle? Is that you?

For those that don't know, Castle was the CoH dev who destroyed PvP and refused to ever discuss it again... Jack is here so who knows!
    • Like x 4
  12. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I think it was a dig about PvP'ers never being happy with anything.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm not sure there are any fixes that will make the entirety of the PvP community "actually happy" as you put it. :) Edit: Which isn't to say we aren't going to try. But this suicide squad update is in no way that attempt.
    • Like x 3
  14. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

I didn't say "actually" the other guy did... And I'm sure most would be very happy, apart from the ones who use broken stuff to win I guess.

Edit... If Mepps now looks at my account and points out that my main is Atomic, I'm going to look like an idiot. :oops:
    • Like x 3
  15. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

What exactly do you mean by us not being happy if PvP was fixed? That's what sparked all of this in the first place.
    damage fixes is only the tip of the iceburg.
    we need fixes. Gear is great. Thank you, and I mean that. Don't mistake that at all.
    however when your PvP population is bordering on dead... I would think fixes would be a priority along with a schedule of bi monthly updates for the game mode. (Not saying they aren't but still)

There's a lot of angst on both sides here and that's because we don't have an eye to eye view. Then why not start to collaborate?
    There's a lot of past decisions that made us feel the way we feel. Between the arguements that devs and players had and the glaring silence there was for a year, and then for a 4 month period... we dont know how to feel about this gear or anything proposed in the future, especially since we have no clue what's in store for the next season being discussed. A WIP Thread on that would definitely help calm things down on this end.

we've had a whole season single handedly become undone due to power creep in damage, in less than 4 updates.
    we've had an immunity catastrophe resulting in mass banning and conspiracy because it was sprung on last minute.
    How are we supposed to feel? Happy?
    No. We're not that thrilled and best believe PvE'rs aren't looking forward to the gear because of how broken and cookie cutter Arenas are.
    and that's not even mentioning legends, where legends gets barely any attention at all.
    • Like x 6
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll definitely involve the community when those discussions begin. As a side note, I've edited your post slightly. Please remember that discussing moderation (or, you know, using alternate forum accounts to avoid moderation) is in violation of the guidelines.
  17. Soul Dedicated Player

Can you lay out a time table?
    Or at the very least a table of progression? (Post DLC #, Post Weapon Midrange, Pre Sorcery Midrange.. When the war in Syria ends?)
    Where exactly does PvP stand on the "To Do" list of the development?
    • Like x 2
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Mepps knows better.

This community (not just PVP...the entire community) is notorious for going full on rage mode if a time table is laid out then missed by so much as a day.

But hell, I'll join in with you Souls.

"So Mepps...any chance PVP will get a new season before the end of the year?" :D lol
    • Like x 3
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I cannot share any more right now.
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Not asking for massive updates once a year. Just a small fix with each update. As others and myself have said many times before.

For example, forum threads complaining about the Flash come and go, yet he still has not been fixed. Surely fixing that could fit into the next update, yes?
    • Like x 8