Job Openings with DB at Austin

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 17, 2016.

1. bmce84 Loyal Player

You think they haven't?, In the past devs have said that there are just some things DC doesn't want to give in with, I mean come on it's been over a year since we had a new Legends character. Take for example Flash, we only have 1 Flash related DLC yet we've used it's areas over 5 times, and I'm sure devs have plans for the whole Flash family but ever since the show and the movies DC probably told them to hold the content back so the attention wouldn't be taken away from the other things. It's the same thing they do to the TV shows, we know Arrow was supposed to have the real Suicide Squad, but when DC decided to make the movie they told Arrow creators to change their version of the team to have people they wouldn't even have on the movie (with Deadshot as an exception since he was already in Arrow long before the movie was planned). DC has tunnel vision when it comes to their content, it's pretty much why BvS was such a mess because Snyder was thinking of Justice League, instead of just Batman and Superman. Same reason DC has cancelled all their animated shows (with TTgo being an exception because well, the show is just stupid), they rather focus on real life TV shows and movies.

I'm sure devs already had a Flashpoint story line planned, and we know War Of Light was supposed to be bigger (like really, not being allowed to use the actual White Lanterns???), same as Halls Of Power (pretty much every Heroic Iconic besides Sups and Lex are just cameos), but with DC being so close minded there's only so much the devs can do in the game. I'm still to this day wondering why we had the whole Bombshells thing, not only was the raid not related to anything on the game, but it's a one off raid that really makes no sense to do since it's another Earth, it's not like there's any real threat to us.
    • Like x 1
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Right now the only dev I really trust is JackFrost. Sure he's new and hasn't had the time to be corrupted lol, but he was very open during the RiT testing and would work on fixes within days and not weeks. Not saying the others didn't fix things, but we know some devs have the tendency to let things happen, then make one major fix that usually only fixes 1 or 2 things, then leave the rest and fix them weeks after content reaches live.

But more than anything is that Jack communicates with us, we know some feel talking to us is a mistake, and I do understand we have some players that are impatient, my self included as well as everyone else, but when most times their communication is as cryptic as a WW II spy message, how can you not expect players to get anxious and frustrated.
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

They should add an opening for "Membership Perks Supervisor". Honestly those need to be revamped because right now being All Access doesn't seem to far off from being Premium, with the cash cap as the only advantage.
  4. Tanksblaze Well-Known Player

Im glad tunso is gone. He never really acted like he cared or never listened. He made his own job hard imo. Gu50 should have never made live like it did .
    • Like x 4
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Hey guys, please don't dev bash, even if they are gone. Thanks.
    No, only 2 of those positions been like that for more than 6 months. I think the latter two were there for like 4 months maybe? It is hard to get a head developer though, as you said. They need experience.
    Does it have to be? People relocate for jobs all the time. Also, there is an animation studio in Louisiana, called Moonbot. It's not like places out there can't maintain an employee base.
    No, I still count 12. https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers?locale=en_US Sort by "Team".
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

A Google search has revealed that Tunso is now in development of a new MMO for Artcraft Entertainment Inc based in Austin. It appears they might have hired one of the programmers as well.
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I always take stuff like this as a good sign. +1

(Heck there are people on this board who don't even believe that they have 12 people on the DCUO team. This'll show 'em! ;) )
    • Like x 2
  8. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

I honestly wonder if monthly content finally took its toll of the art department, granted there were a lot of reused environments, but even so i doubt it was easy by any stretch.

Sure, they Could be adding, but with the abrupt cancellation of monthly content, and giving themselves 6+ months to fill those positions, sounds like they're scrambling to put the pieces back together.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

None of what you just wrote changed anything. Having job openings can mean something as ironic as "whoops, 8 more gone from our little ultramega-team here".

Again, post when these openings have been officially filled and we can revisit that "it's a good thing"-remark, because as of right now it doesn't mean squat. Blind optimism and hope, I've ran out of that by now, actual official facts can truly be the change of things for the better.
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

You are full of sunshine and flowers, aren't you?

You do realize neither does saying that it is meaningless and we should all just run and hide. I'm not blindly optomistic, I am actually realistic. These changes they are doing is going to hurt. The job postings are for art department.

Even if they are scrambling, wouldn't that be positive? It means more people to help put things together.
    • Like x 1
  11. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Sorry, should've been clearer: I meant that some of the art department might have left (found employment elsewhere), and that could be the reason for the sudden openings and cancellation of monthly content.

Positive or negative? In either scenario we're off the monthly content schedule so thats a positive (imo), how we got there is irrelevant to me. Time will tell the rest.
  12. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

I think a point that needs to be made that ppl haven't brung up is the fact that the game has actually made enough money to support opening up 8 more jobs to put new devs into this game to begin with that or outside money but even still that's nothing but good. Fact is that when not if but WHEN these positions get filled up we could actually learn towards being able to get the new changes they we have been asking for like the new UI, updated graphics, and an actaul EXPANSION! Just pray they actually fill these spots quickly so we can see these changes sooner than later.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

If anything I am the one being realistic here. You don't have to try and paint this dark picture of me, just because I am not overly optimistic to the point where I take the slightest new info out there (a few job opening-spots) as a super-sign of some big, positive change with no actual facts to back it up. Read what I said again, only you seem to be the one interpreting my message as "run and hide", that sure tells me something, Mr "I AM NOT BLINDLY OPTIMISTIC!!!!!" :rolleyes:

I'll say it again, this is "a good thing" when you can show me that they have actually officially filled those job openings. Until then it still only means an understaffed DCUO struggling to get stuff done. This if anything is being realistic.
    • Like x 3
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You're right. I don't really know how people can be positive about a business being understaffed. If anything, people need to ask themselves why they're understaffed in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  15. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I'm sorry, but job listings don't affect my game play experience. Show me results, not want-ads.

JackFrost isn't new.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?members/jackfrost.2854/
    • Like x 1
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We won't comment on personal details on a public forum like this, as people's business is their business. That said, we have actually had quite a few people start recently, and we're looking for more. There is always some turnover in any company - despite our recent name change, we're one of the oldest and most respected gaming companies in existence and our people are often coveted by others - but as you can see, we are growing.
    • Like x 23
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Now this is good. I understand not commenting on personal details but will we soon get introduced to these new people added to your team? That's good information to be a part of, even if the information is "just" a green name without no specific personal details added to it.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Got a link for those postings? Let's just say I'm...curious about the positions. :D
  20. Owl Devoted Player