Job Openings with DB at Austin

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 17, 2016.

1. BumblingB I got better.

So... 12 openings for DCUO.
    [IMG]

Hear me out here, this actually is a good thing. I think they are trying to pad their developers of "content" for the decided changes of big content. Most of these openings are in the art department. They deal with concept design and character animation.

Now I don't know if they lost a massive chunk of their art department, but I think these are addition to.

Anyways, wanted to share.
    • Like x 15
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

More Developers are always welcomed in my book(As long as it's not Tunso because that guy left everyone hanging in power balance)

+1
    • Like x 7
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

They have had several job openings for a long period of time now. All this means nothing until job openings are actually getting filled up and we start seeing more people added to the devteam. Until you know that, you can't state it's a good thing at all.

For some time now we have have a very understaffed DCUO. Unless they officially change that by filling these spots, all it means is a understaffed DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Only 4 of the job openings list in the 12 have been open for some time now. They actually been filling several of the ones that come and go. So yes, the 4 job openings aren't getting filled, but there are still 8 new openings.

BTW, the 4 are the top 4 in the list. You can tell by the posting number. 15-0046, 16-0019, 16-0038, 16-0039. The second 2 were posted the same time, while the first one has been open since last year I believe.
    • Like x 2
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

There's a UI Artist in the list:

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Seeing that confuses me a tad because they fired some people (no clue why) and then put up job openings. That systems role is up because Tunso is gone (not sure if he left on his own) but I'm not sure about the rest. Did the two who made our soon to be UI get fired or did they choose to leave also ? Who's the producer now ?
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I saw Carp post something not long ago. So no. I think the UI developer position isn't for a UI revamp but to make the one we have work.

What people are you mentioning getting fired?
    • Like x 1
  8. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Maybe they got reassigned inside DBG to another game. Not much later than the tease that we got about our UI, Planetside2 got a UI revamp. I won't be surprise if they were reassigned to Planetside2.
    • Like x 2
  9. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Nice. I hope they fill'em up soon
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, that was in development for a while and was the reason why Fez pushed to have ours revamped. As he got PS2 to update theirs.
    • Like x 1
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Larry as the producer is gone, Drenz is gone, Devdirt is gone. I think there was maybe two more devs that are gone too.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Larry was laid off during the transition. Companies do that when they transition. Drenz and DevDirt left. I was sad to find that out. I believe CraftyCrafter left too.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah Crafty is gone.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

These were all before recent job postings. These I think are related to the changes they will be doing to our content model.
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I hope so...but why commit to changes when you don't have the people ? Seems like you're setting yourself up for failure.
    • Like x 1
  16. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

17. bmce84 Loyal Player

damn, after 6 months they still haven't found anyone willing to work on this game, this isn't good.
    • Like x 3
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

DBG should hire me. I'd write great themes for future episodes that would bring a lot of fun to the games. I have an awesome portfolio of scripts in portuguese they wouldn't understand.

I also have an awesome portfolio in english.

Like when I participated in a Bleach RP story with a toilet-shaped Arrancar and a friend who was a quincy, named Jones.

Imagine that in DCUO.

"Hey guys, let's save the world from that guy over there. Yes, that one, who has a toilet for a head. And his henchman, Quincy Jones".

You'd totally play that episode. I know.
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

Considering how they are adding new features to the current Journal, I think it's obvious that they just can't spend the money to work on a new UI and rather try to improve the one we currently have. It's a good thing as the current one isn't bad, just horribly outdated, but there's only so much they can add to it before it becomes too cluttered to work.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

Keep in mind, DC/WB must approve of all story lines, DBG might like it but if DC doesn't then it's like it never happened.