Earth dps help needed please

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rebel230, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I am trying to make an earth dps theme toon like Terrax the tamer/ Galactus and the pet is the herald, etc and am having some troubles.

I have watched some videos and the DCUOBlog guide. I see WM is basically required so I need to respec my points for a WM combo. Is there a decent hand blaster WM?

Some builds are using Gale now from the movement tree? Is this the preferred loadout now?

Do I want to go all precision now instead of might?

What is current preferred rotation for dps?

Thank you for any information.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

1. You're better off not using WM and instead just clipping weapon attacks. If you're interested in HB, either do Scissor Kick or Solar Flame. Flip Slash with 1H is also a good option.

2. Gale can be used to restore power to your pet so that he can then continuously hit hard for a few seconds. Some people use a MM SC, some people don't. It's your choice.

3. Yes, focus on Precision as a majority of your damage comes from Crystal + Weapon attacks. It's still worth getting Might when possible (with SP for example), but it's only a very slight increase in damage.

4. Earth DPS has few different options. Personally I enjoy using: RC/Reinforce/Debris Field/Totem/Crystal/Fortify. When using such a loadout, you will want to make sure Fortify is constantly on cooldown and clip your other powers using your weapon combos. Reinforce can also be used to clip out of long casting powers for a slight increase in speed in your rotation and it gives a nice buff to push out some more damage.
  3. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Thank you for the reply, for my mods, what would you suggest, might, might and health, might and power, or the precision versions of those?
  4. RGoliath Well-Known Player

I run earth Dps, and, IMHO, WM is required or you just won't get the numbers. I do brawler because the WM for it is easy tap range hold range and then combo into attacks. Doing this just usually makes me higher dps
  5. Graviton Well-Known Player

As much precision as you can muster , just make sure you get your weapon crit bonuses too
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes, the Precision versions of those are what you want. As I previously stated, Precision plays a bigger part in your damage than Might does as Earth.
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's not necessarily true. Plenty of Earth players can push a lot of damage out with normal weapon attack clipping.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

You don't get WM crits when your Pet is up.
    So using SF/SK/1h flipslash are good options to save sp. Also their damage is not lower than WM actually
  9. Pults Loyal Player

Mostly it's even higher due to normal weapon combos allowing clips with powers.
    Crappy (?) put up a lovely chart showing what works and what doesn't. Would appreciate if someone took the time to locate it. It would even clear some of the confusion in here.
  10. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Ok I will need to get some cash to make new mods. Thank you all for the help. I had 2 spinal surgeries so was not able to play for a while and do not have much in game money but I will work on those mods. Thank you again.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Actually there's some weapons where you don't need to clip at all.

To me I like the Bow/Rifle because it's fast enough and I can take advantage of using the Relentless Precision mod whilist using it.

WM It's self is outdated and for the time being is a DPS loss.
    WM is supposed to be viable after the Weapon update, but I haven't heard anything about the changes since Tunso Left.
  12. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I just got a 142cr rifle, what attack do you use?
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I use the Mortar attack to be specific

And I optimally refresh my powers.

If you need further info on what Weapon Combos and methods that are supposed to keep up Here's a list from Tunso before he left.
    • Brawling: Haymaker, clipping
    • Bow: Arrow Storm, optimal refresh
    • Dual Pistol: Full-Auto (3-tick-switch w/ Sweep Shot), optimal refresh
    • Dual Wield: 4-6x Dual Flurry, clipping
    • Hand Blaster: Scissor Kick, clipping
    • Martial Arts: Smoke Bomb, clipping
    • One Handed: Flip Slash, clipping
    • Rifle: Mortar, optimal refresh
    • Shield: Handspring kick, clipping
    • Staff: Overhead Strike or Downward Smash, clipping
    • Two Handed: Doom Spin, optimal refresh"
  14. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

OK, for my concept I should really use a staff (earth power Terrax the tamer (Galactus Herald concept)) but I know staff is meh. I usually use hand blasters but currently the highest weapon I have is the 142 rifle so I will try that. I will need to respect my points again to get mortar but that's easy.

I have about 50 MoV so I can buy an upgraded piece of armor or weapon soon. Based on what drops in iceberg lounge, Harleys heist and the new RiT which I can run (I am not able to get a group for DWF, ppl feel I am too low for an easy run and kick me) what would you all suggest I spend the MoV on? Is there a piece that doesn't drop in those that I should buy? I would hate to blow all my MoV and then 5 minutes later get a similar piece from a drop. I see they added 151 stuff now.

I did go in last night and respec my sp to crit, crit damage and precision. I will need cash to get precision mods though.

Again ty all for suggestions and advice.

Oh, I see some videos use Gale from skimming in their build now, is that the preferred method now?
  15. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

O
    1. First thing about earth is precision based so weapon and power Dmg is required.
      50% dmg is from ur weapon so u need to use a weapon combos that is fast and has a heavy hit.
      Most people say to use hand blaster,
      The rest is from crystal. Now you power loadout need to be able to lay down the power interaction effect (DAZE or CRUSH) boost crit chance and the most important of them all to provide power to crystal.

Here is my loadout I use. Give it a try I use Handblaster. The weapon combos is tap range x 3 then hold range.

1. RUMBLE CRUSH
      2. REINFORCE
      3. TOTEM
      4. SUMMON GOLEM
      5. FORTIFY GOLEM
      6. Vacuum babble (flight) speed drain (superspeed) backflip attack (acrobatic) and gale (skimming) this provides power to you and allies meaning pet.

WC Clip with power 1,2 WC 3,4 WC clip with 1,2 WC 1 repeat until Fortify golem is ready.
      Trick is always have foratify golem on cool down which means you are always give as much power out to ur pet as you can.

When you pet has full power it can do 3 hits before its power is gone so if you use fortify and the supercharger you can get a good 7 hits. That's a lot of Dmg.

Also healing barrels provide power to pet aswell so if you see a barrel break it over ur pet.

Try is and see how it goes. If you on EUPS find me I will help you more
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Dazing won't work too well.
    Fortify golem only restores power regen from 2 powers in the Gekonesis tree.

The Dazing PI is stored in the Sesmic tree, so you won't get your power refunded while using it.
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

I outdpsed a 172 mental using WM Shouriken Storm on PZn I'm 168 Earth. You can use with the white mod Extended Supercharge since you can charge your Vaccum Bubble more fast to use it on bosses. WM Shouriken Storm is the best weapon for Earth/Sorcery players in my opinion and the Crystal/Fury attacks more fast and is perfect for low content.
  18. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

How do you get WM shuriken storm?

So I should get gale?
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Staff WM into Mortar is pretty good for range. The 3tap-2hold melee combo isn't bad either. While I over all like Staff as a weapon, I hate it's lunge which is really slow.

I use Totem until my movement mode SC is built up.

The vendor mask is 151. The best that drops is 149. A 153 mask is available for crafting that's dependent on scraps and marks.
  20. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

I know this is your I use Rumble crush which pit down the crush effect. And fortify golden is the only power that resto restore power to my per directly. Unless ur trying to say there is another way I wold very much like to know.