Why Are AMs still in Arenas?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mentaldope40, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It is garbage and absolutely manipulating, when it comes to one's own personal choice of fighting style, by the time you counter these AMs the damage has already been done, how is this even FUN:mad: ??

I have lost so many fights do to these stupid sequences perform from others using these AMs, this game has seriously became a toxic waste in pvp.o_O
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

We don't know, they were supposed to be removed. I guess it's because the update was rushed out to release before crossplay.
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I don't think they'll ever be removed simply because it's just the standard now. Even disregarding PvP, once they added AMs it became the only way to use powers, which is also one of the reasons people hated it. It made everything even more cookie cutter than it already was.
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Agree,lol.
  5. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

My mental loadout doesn't even take any real advantage of a PI since they butchered it. They just had to reign in mental when most anyone was happy without it.
  6. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I went from 6-7 different loadouts for dps/troll down to 1-2, it's hopeless.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature am is still there because pc vets said it would be useless in teamed pvp without it, now all other heals are terrible in teamed pvp compared to nature. Don't see how that balanced out
  8. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Most other heals aren't terrible lol. Nature is just better than the rest, at least in 4s/5s.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I said they're terrible compared to nature. Nature have power back and a prec buff. What competitive 4s or 5s team will run any other heal?
  10. Friendzone Level 30

Elec and sorc are not terrible at all.
    Elec heal is amazing when paired with elec dps. Issue is that elec dps is awful. It was good setup to run until additional weapon damage nerf in PvP on lower end combos.
    Sorc is still really strong. It is just slightly behind from nature.

I personally wanted nature power back to stay but with slight reduction in power back. They did not nerf it, instead they accidentally buffed it. Certain set of powers used to go on cooldown when they were interrupted by CC mid animation with effects not activating either. Hive mind was one of those powers. Then out of nowhere (this change happened after they gave nature it's mechanic back) they changed it to where if you get CC-d, effect does not apply but does does the ability go on cooldown.
    In the old system you had to time every single hive mind perfectly for the full 15 minutes match. 1 unlucky random AoE cc from with badly timed hive mind easily ended up with the whole team wiping with how terrible nature is without the mechanic. Instead of using it for breakouts, most of my PvP trinket uses (probablt 90%+) were just for making hive mind saver in pressure situations.
    Recent addition of VIII mods gave nature another buff with stat caps staying same but nature benefiting more from additional stats.
    On top all of that they still have not nerfed 2 tap/hold damage on insectoid form.

And even after all that elec and sorc are both still usable and with slight adjustments to nature easily balanced out. If they had removed power back completely, nature had been complete trash.
    Even now i personally i would not mind running sorc for PvP (specially in 5v5). Issue is that i hate sorc healing for PvE neither do i enjoy sorc DPS. I am not going to buy 2 respec tokens before every single scrimmage/practice session i do.

PS! If you are running prec buff on nature healer loadout for PvP you are doing it wrong.
  11. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

uhm.. am i missing something? from the OP's original post its clear he wasn't talking about nature healers. is there any AM that still work inside arenas? i mean there are still ppl who used it, but i don't think they work. it shouldn't be a problem at all.

just curious what/which AM(s) are the OP talking about really?
    or am i missing something?
  12. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Power counters and Powerback mechanics work for a few Powers. However the damage from AMs are severely reduced.
  13. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Its almost like they say, use regular moves at your own risk but the ams are the thing for the game as of now, daybreak couldn't get no worser lol.