Electricity Healer Build?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SmileyFaceDJ, Jun 8, 2016.

1. SmileyFaceDJ New Player

Not sure if i'm doing something wrong or not but i'm not giving out the sickest of heals when i'm running with my electricity healer.

I always run out of power when trying to heal someone back to full health and even then their not at full health, its to the point where i have to rely on soda colas to keep my teammates from dying...Is it me?
  2. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

one main key to keep in mond as an elec healer is that bio cap places the bio charge pi on you and 3 other grp members. if you place the bio charge on everyone, you can heal everyone within a red cross hair's reach with bio surge. hope that helps a little.
    • Like x 1
  3. SmileyFaceDJ New Player

i just realize that the bio charge can stack

electricity has a somewhat complex play style or at least very different from the other healing powers just have to get used to it is all
    thanks for the help
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

If you're wondering if you're doing something wrong, you should always give your loadout, and how you use it.

Take a look at the Lightning Guide, and post questions in that thread. Experienced Electric players are likely to respond.
    Whenever you're new to something, particularly a powerset, or have other questions, always stop by the Guide Index.

A good standard loadout for electric healers is:
    Bio-Capacitor, Bio-Electric-Surge, Electrogenesis, Flux, Invigorate, Galvanize/Arc Lightning

BioCap will put an aura around yourself and 3 teammates. This provides a one-time "safety net" heal if they get very low, as well as prepping them for BioSurge. The aura lasts two minutes, or until the safety net is used.

BioSurge will heal the lowest health player, and any players that have that BioCap aura. This is your "bread-and-butter" active (versus passive) heal.

Electrogenesis will put blue sparks on the feet of yourself and the player closest to you. It turns you and them into two large mobile pools of healing over time (maybe triple the size of the animation)

Flux is your standard healer shield. Like other healer-type shields, it can stand up to a lot but has a random hitcount of 2-5 (I've seen more, though) before it breaks.

Invigorate will put that same aura as BioCap on yourself and 7 teammates, giving you all that 2-minute-one-time-use safety net and making you all eligible for BioSurge while the aura is available. And, of course it heals and gives out power just like a lot of healer supercharges.

Galvanize / Arc Lightning are group heals (in addition to your BioCap/BioSurge interaction).
      • Galvanize is a ripple heal with you at the center, and gets stronger as the heal moves outward ... problem is if someone who doesn't need a heal is between you and your target teammates, or you're too close to someone who needs a much larger heal. This uses a lot more power than your other heals, too. So, use it wisely and don't spam it. It will also leave a heal over time, that you can see as a blue waistband of electricity.
      • Arc Lightning is position-dependent as well. It requires people to be fairly close to each other, and have the heal bounce from one to the other. It doesn't leave a HoT like Galvanize, but it does damage, and electrifies enemies (for damager power interactions, and if you decide to use Electroburst as a heal)
    • Like x 6
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

undrline has a very good post for you to follow for healing above.

An important note about bio charging, you can spread the charge to all 8 people. It charges you and 3 others, so spread it around. I usually bio charge everyone with Bio Cap before fighting starts, and in between fights (no power cost). Now you have a low cost 8 person heal with good range (Bio Surge). Stick with these to maximize healing and save on power.
  6. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Could not have said it any better. Great response.
    • Like x 1
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

Use your dps build, let's face it, it probably works better for healing than dps anyway....dang my healer is still doing a WoL 2 daily mission, been doing it for a year now and will remain until the power is relevant again.
  8. SmileyFaceDJ New Player

i haven't been a DPS in years..the only time i'm a DPS is when i'm lower than a lvl 9. I'd rather support my team than to finish an instance faster if you know what i mean.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

#1 mistake: Galvanize is usually the wrong heal.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

But, that animation, and the residual effects, though ... it's my favourite.
    • Like x 2
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Same here. Love the visuals when you pop the power :D
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Galvanize is a situational heal. Its good to use in small rooms or situations where your group members are close together.
    • Like x 1