A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

CC resistance is boosted when you have a melee equipped but idk by how much. Absolix probably knows.
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Is it really worthy to jump as a canguru-on-meth while doing 1,2,3,4?

Anyone really tested?
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yes in order to position yourself in the right spot. If you keep jumping you're never too far/too close to an enemy
    • Like x 1
  4. motionsick Well-Known Player

Equipping a melee weapon gives you +25% control resistance. (according to the 2014 Mastering Weapon Mastery post).

If you're using a ranged weapon, to get that same bonus you'd have to unlock WM.
  5. Starbrand Dedicated Player

If you are doing 3 MT loadout and lose resonance while invisibility is in cool down... what is the best choice to produce some damage?

WM? Which one?
  6. motionsick Well-Known Player

Unlocking WM causes the weapon attack to do less damage.. unless you're using WM to try to get a boost in a power-cast?

Anyway, I usually equip 1H, using Flip Slash/clip to do a bit of damage. The Flurry attack will break objects very quickly.

Others typically use Handblasters Solar Flame or Scissor Kick for damage, and Pulse Beam will break objects quickly too.
    • Like x 1
  7. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Depends on cool down of invis and where at in content. I'd either switch armory or if almost off cool down I'll hold tri between powers til its up or flip slash if you have 1h . basically wep attacks til its up.
    • Like x 1
  8. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

I have tried that jumping. I I can never get it to do what I see everyone else does. A lot of time it does not jump and I have to stop the am to hurry up and get back into position start off with the am and soon as the first thing hits them there pushed back out to far for the full rotation.its so annoying to try and jump. I also live in Vietnam playing on the USA servers. A lot of times I try and duplicate something that you see everyone else is doing and can't really land it due to the lag time. They should make the powers where we could move at the same time like fire and ice. I really enjoy my fire and ice.

9. Absolix Loyal Player

It is actually 20% resistance for a melee weapon equipped without WM unlocked for said weapon, 5% resistance for a ranged weapon equipped without WM unlocked for said weapon, and 25% for any weapon with WM unlocked for the equipped weapon.

If you are ever afraid of losing resonance while Invisibility is on cooldown, just use your Mass power to refresh it's duration. You might lose a bit of Dps by not setting it up, but it is better than losing Resonance.

I would go with DW's Explosive Shot Mastery for a more ranged approach, and either Rifle's 4 tap Flurry Mastery, has the highest crit magnitude multiplier of all WM combos currently, or Shield's Big Scoop Mastery for a close range approach.

Only certain combos become weaker with WM unlocked. These combos are hold inputs, and Solar Flame even though it is a tap, that are the second to last inputs for WM combos.

Also realize he was talking about when Resonance falls off, which means the WM crit is not disabled anymore. So, with that boosting his damage it would make WM a better way to salvage Dps in that situation.
    • Like x 2
  10. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

So I know of 2 of the 3 'tricks' let's call them, what might the last one be?
  11. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Lol..it's an ancient mental secret only known to the select few who are deemed worthy:)
  12. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Playing barenaked!
    • Like x 1
  13. motionsick Well-Known Player

Interesting. I wonder how WM would go up against just straight clipping 1H/Flip Slash or Handblasters Scissor Kick/Solar Flame.
  14. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I saw a guy doing flip in BBS, it was so fast that I could not see what power he was :p

And he was doing a lot of damage, A LOT!
  15. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I am using the standard AM 1234 setup with invisibility. I hide Mass Hysteria and Bastion in the Invisibiliy loadout just in case either is needed based on the situation. I was thinking about trying to figure out a way to use Menace in the rotation to get a bit more damage on the Mass Terror hit.

Anyone know if this is possible? If so, would I just add in the invisiblity tray, then use Menance before Mass Terror?
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

According to this post by Tunso in the Testing Do's and Don't's:

In fact, we don't use WM when testing AM. You don't have too. Every weapon has a combo that matches the damage output of WM when used with the correct ability strategy. Here are those:

Weapon: Combo, ability rotation strategy
    Brawling: Haymaker, clipping
    Bow: Arrow Storm, optimal refresh (AS damage is broken skip testing with bow for now)
    Dual Pistol: Full-Auto (3-tick-switch w/ Sweep Shot), optimal refresh
    Dual Wield: 4-6x Dual Flurry, clipping
    Hand Blaster: Scissor Kick, clipping
    Martial Arts: Smoke Bomb, clipping
    One Handed: Flip Slash, clipping
    Rifle: Mortar, optimal refresh
    Shield: Handspring kick, clipping
    Staff: Overhead Strike or Downward Smash, clipping
    Two Handed: Doom Spin, optimal refresh

Apparently clipping combos should be similar to using Weapon Mastery plus the correct ability strategy.
  17. Warlock Well-Known Player

Can I ask what's up with AS?
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I have no clue. Tunso wrote that. Might want to ask Absolix if it's still broken. He might know.
  19. motionsick Well-Known Player

That sounds viable on the surface, except that different WM combos have different amounts of crit % and crit dmg boosts. (typically the longer the combo, the higher the WM damage)

I would suggest to the OP, if you get a weapon box, choose a weapon based on your preference. It's not the most important thing to worry about when Mental DPSing.

If it's a ranged weapon, unlock WM to get the CC restistance boost to match equipping a melee weapon.

I personally go with 1H, to get the melee boost and fast lunge. If worst comes to worst and I'm out of Resonance for 30s and can't switch armouries, I can Flip Slash/clip my way around.
  20. motionsick Well-Known Player

Yes you can place Menace inside Invisibility. When you go into Invisibility you can clip Menance into Resonance, and then hit Mass Hysteria and/or Mass Terror.