Is the XB1 the end of PS3?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Blood Zinorge, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supergirly Dedicated Player

What I want to ask all your hardcore PS3 proponents. Do you like having 10 year old consoles? Really? I bet that nearly every nextgen game that comes out will not run on your system. You are stuck with old tech and you dream about getting the new stuff. And if they do add it, it is a stripped down nothing of the original.

So talk all you want about that ancient console, but PC will be here long after that thing is left in the Smithsonian.
  2. RGoliath Well-Known Player

N
    Not when it comes to hardware :)

I've played on PS3 and PS4, now playing on Xbox One. Only reason PS3 players seem big is because they're meshed with the PS4 players. Xbox One probably outdoes the PS3 players.
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes, I like having a device that can play the game.
    I'm not into nextgen anything.
    I don't dream about getting a PS4.
    My computer is older than my PS3, or about the same age (I installed Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid on it when I got it used, so that would make it somewhere before 2010)
    If I were to upgrade something, I'd upgrade my PC well before I upgraded my console.
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Not true. XB1 and PS4 are very close on a specs sheet, but PS4 still comes out ahead. If you delve deeper than the specs sheet, you find that PS4 is even further ahead.

The point is:
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

The XB1 isn't all sunshine and lollipops. Every time I access my inventory and it takes a second or two for the icons to render, every time my camera ends up zoomed in on my toon and the aura effects send it into slideshow framerates, every time I clip WT/CS/IB and the mob is dead before the WT renders, those times are when I really wish I could access that server using my Live account and the Win10 XBox app on my PC.
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Honestly, can they even cut off the ps3 if theres players who spent money on dlc? Isn't that like against the law for them to deactivate something someone spent money on?
  7. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Nope. No law at all. When something ends, it is gone. Thank you for your money, now we are closed. That is how games are.
  8. RGoliath Well-Known Player

I don't care about specs of PS4 vs Xbox, i own both. Im saying theres more people on Xbox One then who are on PS3
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

PS3 playerbase is not the issue, an outdated hardware is.

I really hope that sooner rather than later the PS3 community update to the PS4 and the support to PS3 stops permanently.

We yet have not seen this game at its full potential.
    • Like x 1
  10. X-zero Loyal Player

The game can't do major improvements without dropping the PS3. But is that enough to make people quit playing. No major change have happen for a while and people seem to continue forward.

So what reason would they want to kill off money from people and work harder to do major changes. More work for less money? In theory it will improve long term money but there is no guarantee.
  11. Laz523 Well-Known Player

Why does everyone think that if the PS3 gets dropped the game is going to be so much better?
    • Like x 5
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There is a rising tide around the DC brand involving Films and TV shows that DCUO could and should capitalize.
    There are so many things that could be implemented in the game (world bosses, new instances of 16 players maybe, etc) if the hardware of the PS3 wasn´t a shackle.
  13. seek76 Committed Player

Because without the ps 3 money, the devs wont have the resources to implement their not bright ideas. Less non bright ideas = better game.
  14. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Pretty sure he is referring to hardware wise. This game would be a lot more advanced and tolerable if we were not restrained by PS3 Hardware.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not this thread again. I hate these highly misguided threads.

PS3 players are staying for the foreseeable future. Deal with it. More players to do content with than the alternative.
  16. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

COUGH OLD GAME ENGINE COUGH COUGH
    • Like x 1
  17. TheCMS Well-Known Player

Maybe if the Devs allowed character transfer between PC and PS, people would play on their newer and more capable PCs.
  18. Red Templar Dedicated Player

If Tom, Paul, and Tim, are each giving you money every month, and then John decides to give you money too, are you going to tell one of the original three that you don't want their money any more?
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.