A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Wait, so that whole rotation is taking up half your power bar, or just Grandeur specifically? If it's the former, then that makes sense, the latter wouldn't. Grandeur doesn't activate regen, only the moves within the base AM.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It only happens when I cast grandeur.

So If Grandeur isn't meant to get power-regen, then is there any alternatives I can use?
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't think there are many that won't drain your powerbar in a similar fashion. You can try invisibility or pyrokinesis in that last slot to see similar damage though. Neither will affect power regen either though.
  4. mexmex Dedicated Player

That was my loadout sometimes before the mental latest update, I used to use menace instead of grandeur sometimes, at the time.
  5. motionsick Well-Known Player

Try clipping in a different order.

Start a fight with:

Grandeur clipped w/ Resonance, MT, 1,2,3, MT
  6. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Hi there, yes I've tried it extenstively in both pvp and pve(after the original broken am update).
    Its good in sense for pvp ,that you save a slot and and power points because your pi applicator is your main damager. Its what everyone will probably rock at Kody's iconics tourney.
    Its not good for mental. Its costly , I think 350. A combination of telekinesis and tk bolt is far better with better cc.
  7. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Is it intended that you can't hit Grandeur while in stealth mode, but you can cast any other power?
    • Like x 1
  8. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Not exactly sure what you want to find out, but pertaining to the AM once you enter invisibility you have a chance to hit your finisher inside the invisibility tray or quickly exit and hit it outside it.
    If you use grandeur inside invisibility and then use the finisher it will not double tick or if you press the finisher twice it wont big hit twice.
    Regarding the invisibility power tray with the exception of pyro and thought bubble(not sure),all other powers can be placed on it .
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

You are not allow to put grandeur in your invisibility tray, same with other powers I cant recall ATM
  10. mexmex Dedicated Player

Or am I glitched or what, I cant put grandeur in invisibility tray, doesnt allow me
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

It is intended. You can't put Pyro or Thought Bubble in Invisibility either. I can't remember the exact list of which powers can and can't be put in Invisibility, but there are a number that are purposely not usable from Invisibility.

Stealth from Gadgets has similar restrictions with some of it's powers.
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Hi mental peoples, I've gone a couple of pages down already trying to look for an issue in Prison Break.
    I am already aware of the shield mechanic in that part but everytime the shield goes down Mental powers don't register a hit except for, Phantom Flames, i think, and weapon. Has this been addressed?
  13. metalfenix Committed Player

It seems similar a bug that happens on the magent boss of the T1 gotham university duo. After he drops his shield, none of my powers register except phantom flames.
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Are you talking about the turrets ?

If so, there are some things in the game that Mental's AM won't damage, except TK Bolt. The turrets in Prison Break are one (but we can damage the turrets in the first boss), the turrets on the ocean ships during the summer seasonal is another, the pods in the Brainiac fight in the Bottle Ship, etc.

It's a weird glitch that I've reported before and it always gets overlooked. Just have to use weapons on those parts.
    • Like x 1
  15. motionsick Well-Known Player

Is that actually a glitch? I thought for the most part it was intended that turrents and totems and whatnot could only be damaged by weapons/precision attacks?
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Nah, my poison spores kill them on Nature.
  17. motionsick Well-Known Player

Are spores considered pet damage/orange damage?
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Nope. Also, other powers damage those, I was just giving Nature as example.
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Sorry I haven't been answering many questions lately, but I'm glad they've been getting answered. Just started a new job, so have been busy.
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

New job ?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2