Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Solarverse Committed Player

So, quite a bit of time has went by since this was last brought up (to my knowledge) over a year ago. Curious how people feel of having a Hope (Perhaps Heal/DPS?) powerset released within the next year or so?

It seemed the community was split half and half on the idea last year. Curious how people feel about it this year.

How do you feel about it?
    • Like x 5
  2. Castrato Well-Known Player

Hope only works with green rings, so only works for heroes and not villains, so no.
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Not my cup of tea. Got a bunch of Lantern powers already. Since Water is a guarantee and Serums highly likely we'd have to go with a troller power after those two so I'd rather a Wind or Shadow powerset as troller.
    • Like x 1
  4. Solarverse Committed Player

Hmmmm....water could actually work well for a Blue Lantern Themed powerset if the animations were right.

I love to heal, I have a Blue Lantern themed character, but I am currently using Celestial for my powerset. If the water powers were blue tinted, it would work much better. Of course it wouldn't do me much good if it were a troller power. Hopefully one day, my healer will have the correct powerset he was made for. ;)
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

plz no more lanterns
    • Like x 3
  6. Solarverse Committed Player

I kind of see why you feel that way. Personally, I wish they had never made them at all since they could not do one of each class. It just feels very lacking having a lantern troller, lantern tank, but no healer. If they could not finish what they started, I would have preferred they not do it at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

At this point I just HOPE they fix the servers
    • Like x 3
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Look, I've been on the cheering side for a "Hope" Lantern-Power based off of heals forever, but I'm resigning myself to reality.

[IMG]

The only possible role a Blue Lantern could do is Healer/Dps and we already have a Healer/Dps role on the horizon soon (Water).

Even "IF" Mepps / Devs are remotely considering Blue Lanterns, we probably won't see it until next year...the way new powers/roles have been introduced, we'd get Serums next (Tanking/Dps?) and THEN some Controller-based power?

Is Serums even on the table still?

I've given up on my dream of having a LANTERN-ONLY League with ALL ROLES accounted for

Tank/Dps - Rage Lanterns
    Controller/Dps - Green Lanterns
    Healer/Dps - Blue Lanterns

J/K btw. Happy with the league I'm in now.

But such a league would probably be the subject of Discriminatory complaints.....when I first started playing this game, I was in the "Green Lantern Corps".........and I had a few players actually accuse us of being discriminatory..

After the first few accusations, I actually considered playing along............"No RING? No invite LOL"

AGAIN - Just Kidding.

But the accusations of discrimination back then was real. Wish I was joking.
  9. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Personally the whole good = green, evil = yellow thing never worked for me. Guy Gardner had a yellow ring for a few years. Why couldn't an evil person end up with a green ring? Will isn't limited to good people having it... Meh, never made sense to me limiting emotions to good or evil. Pretty sure evil people have hope in some way just like they explained Guy Gardner having a Fear Ring, and the "Righteous Rage" when good characters end up with the Red Rings.
    • Like x 1
  10. boredbean Level 30

I think with all the server crashing, doom and gloom around here. Hope is exactly what we need! Bring this power set out already!:p
    • Like x 1
  11. 2cap2 Active Player

Yes I would love a blue lantern power.
    In do not understand not wanting more then two lantern powers at all.
    • Like x 1
  12. Solarverse Committed Player

Yeah, to me, doing serums seems to be reaching pretty far for a new powerset idea when we still have other powersets in the DC Universe comics that are very popular, yet still untouched, only teased through costume designs to replicate said powersets. Makes me a sad panda. :(

However, you can't convince people to want it, they either do or do not.
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

No because blue lanterns arent villains and the PS3 doesnt have enough RAM to support another power with 2 different color variants.
  14. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Never give up hope.

As for villains. They're going to have to take one for the team.

Jk...kinda..
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Actually Water is the last of this current batch of powers, so after Serums as Tank we still have a Controller and Healer power up for grabs.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Going to hijack this thread.

SHADOW is next.
    • Like x 1
  17. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

this really gets brought up every week
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

It'd be easierto let Star Sapphires into the game. Healers, an be both hero or villains, problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

for those who are saying it won't work because it need to have a gl near, remember there is hundreds maybe a thousand gl in metropolis and even a giant one in the sky (mogo). At his scale anyone on earth is near him.
    it work fine for the few blue lantern npc
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 5