Just take servers down and fix it already.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RaidenGods, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Add Level 30

I'm not one to ask for free stuff for a little downtime, but at this point the down time is getting to be a little much. I play a game on my phone, that never seems to go down. One day it did go down for a few hours, I guess, i didn't even notice, anyways they gave everybody free In game credits ( about a $4 value) . I thought that was very cool and left me with no bad feelings about the event or game. This game's constant downtime and lag with not even a hint of repaying anything to their paying customers probably breeds a lot of bad feelings toward the game and it's developers.
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I quoted your comment and colored the text GOLD, because you made the only point worth making so far.
    • Like x 2
  3. Nevermind New Player

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/eula

We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control. Further, we cannot and do not promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account.

You'd be hard pressed to find an online game without this waiver of expectation. Downtime is a part of online gaming. Use the downtime to do something else.

Or just keep posting on the forums if it makes you feel better.
    • Like x 1
  4. darkgamerx Level 30

Truth is that DCUO is special. I'm not a fan of MMOs, but man is this game in a league of its own. Most MMOs are slow paced & tedious. DCUO nails the action RPG game feeling perfectly. I only own the UE, but every time I play it makes me want to buy the rest of the content just to have more to play. Set aside the gameplay, the fact that its DC makes it even better. Marvel is the only thing that can directly compete with DC and marvel heroes SUCKS lol. Just wish they would do what needs to be done in order to get the game stable again.
  5. Add Level 30

You are correct they owe us nothing, but I think a little compensations would go a long way in tempering some of the bad feelings people get about this game and developers due to the exesesive downtime. I play a game on my phone pretty regularly and it went down one day for a few hours after almost never going down, all players received an apologetic email with a few in game credits. I thought wow, how classy....
  6. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

oops
  7. Gothamite Well-Known Player

Exactly. The problem is that the frequency of crashes has made people ok with the idea that the game is likely to crash more often than not.
    • Like x 1
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Most company g
    Most companies game wise, utility wise and even internet providers will not compensate for anything less than 24 hrs of continuous down time. Whit i agree it would be a nice gesture....I seriously doubt that will happen. Playing this game since launch ive only seen that happen once or twice. When sony was hacked and the free to play transition. My happiness is a direct result of my expectations...i would not bet on them giving us anything...accept time frames in which the issue may be somewhat fixed...
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I can tell u why. Over the last few years it has happened so much that its become the norm. Its been accepted as how things are with this game. I posted earlier in the thread saying u have to be kidding expecting compensation for an hr of downtime. Because yesterday at the time that is what it was, an hour. Problems happen. But when u play other mmo games u notice these problems dont happen nearly as much. Since cross play the game has been wonky, at least imo. I see so many bugs daily and so much weird lag daily. Idk whats going on but they really need to fix it so it stops. Because it appears as if they only fix whats causing it atm instead of fixing it for good. I could be completely wrong as we dont know what the actual problem is. But like i said this is the norm now for most of us playing dcuo.
  10. KGeddon New Player

Expectations are high.

Servers probably going to go down again in a few hours. Daybreak, fix your stuff.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You mean the system their discontinuing after this year, that still has forever loading issues at some points ;).
  12. boredbean Level 30

So, did this hour long reboot fix anything? I'm still getting really long loading screens and lag:mad:
  13. Demon Archer Level 30

still having issues.... took 5 minutes to get into the vault and there is nothing there and no music or vocals.
  14. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Nope, it didnt fix anything.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

idk been watching bleach, man good series
  16. Demon Archer Level 30

nope, not a thing. I wonder if they do a server health check once a week.
  17. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Lag is terrible. just got disconnected and now slowwwwwww trying to get back in
  18. Demon Archer Level 30

and just got disconnected
  19. Pr0tojay Committed Player

On my friends list all i see is people logging in and out over and over again.
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.