What if... an idea of total revamp of the sp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

The whole purpose of the thread is to provide an idea of what would you like to see in the upcoming revamp of skill points. (if any)

So far we can get 260 something SP in the game, as it is now, a few percentage of the community go that high, but now there is a complet lack of interest in getting them after 150, since all the instances can be doable with way less skill points.
    And there is a large chunk of the community saying the game is boring since there is nothing to do in order to progress your character (myself included), basically after getting the feats out of new content never go in those again not even for marks, why because simply as I have 230 sp I really dont care much for the ones Im missing, BUT if those sp could really make a difference in the game play Im sure I would go for them. hence my idea.

Lets say we hit a 150 sp allocated in our weapons tree, after that a new system to allocate more sp will pop.
    So we have 15 POWER POINTS, we use lets say 10 in the power trees the rest in iconic powers

I will use mental as an example.

After 150 sp allocated we can start to place SP in all of the unlocked powers if we want to. for example i can place 5 more sp in telekinesis, that would improve the performance of telekinesis allowing to lift 2 enemies instead of one at the same time, but lets says I put 10 more sp in telekinesis, that will increased the time the enemy will be helpless in the air, and so on, through bublle can incase 1 enemy but with more point increased the number of enemies encased, supercharge can increase the number of ghost released, if bastion can double the vit, and so on you get the idea.

And also lets say that I like the telekinesis but there is no place for it in my loadout since I need my debuff instead, so with 1 sp I can add the defense debuff to telekinesis, or the heling debuff or whatever, or in invisibility some sp in it and It will allow me to stay for some power hits in that state, that will allow to personalize my gameplay as I want.

Of course give in the weapon trees some percentage with every sp allocated instead of a flat useless number.

As I see it this will encourage all players to go after SP, all the time, revisiting all instances in the game,
    Improving the queue times, people spread all around the tiers, since everyone will want to develop their characters, instead of only chasing the latest pieces of gear, that for the replayers can be doable in day 1.

this will also can give a reason to play more and more often to all players, and this it might bring back some of the vets, and some of the lost not so vets players too.

And the most important thing is that we all can really customize our gameplay as we please, this could be a huge change in the way we play and will give a lot of customatization and individuality to our characters
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It can't be one for one, but I have always thought it would be a great idea to be able to use sp to buy more powers like the innates etc.

It could be something like 10sp for each extra power point etc.
    • Like x 1
  3. mexmex Dedicated Player

But there is no point in doing that since you can only carry 6 powers in your loadout, it should be better to get the six powers u want with the effects you want
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Using SP as advantage points?

I like that idea.
    • Like x 2
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I like the idea that when you reach an amount of sp, you can get something or unlock something. Give reason for players to farm them and get interesting rewards and maybe more ways to get your character stronger. Maybe new innates in the weapon trees? I saw the elite mods C with some attribute, we could get new ones.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

After every 20 sp, get a small crit and control resistance buff. The crit buff will apply to damage, power, and healing, then the control resistance to help tanks and DPS that use fragile AMs.

Example: For every 20 sp, +4% crit magnitude, +1% crit chance, +2% control resistance.

Of course doing this though (going off topic) would require stat adjustments to support so they aren't overly powerful.
  7. CS2016 Committed Player

me personally I think there needs to be tiers of boost we aim for. For example theres the 3 75 prec/might at the bottom now and thats it correct?

what if after you unlocked those it opens up another batch it could be for a bigger amount say 112 prec/might x3, then once you get all those a 3rd bottom row opens up which is the final row. The very very bottom row being percent innates. Each giving .2% or something x3 ofc.

this way it gives folks something to work for and those with higher SP' will in the end do more dmg/power out/healing/dmg mitigation ect
  8. CS2016 Committed Player

been saying it since DCR support roles needed revamped b/c they dont need all the stats they have nowadays.

Hell like I posted in another thread I at CR158/226sp have more resto then CR160 healers b/c of my SP' and mods.
    • Like x 1
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

1.Change SP to percentage increases so that they always remain useful as we get stronger.
    2. Change all the Iconic powers innates to percentages.
    3.10 or how ever many SP for 1 PP. This would give the Iconic power tree a hell of a lot more use than it currently does.
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hmmm.

Sounds like an attempt to be able to game the system and not have to make tough choices about your character.
  11. Fies Committed Player

25k 150+ CR chars with SP > 150, 20k 150+ CR chars with SP < 150...
    The new "system" (if it ever happens) will be about making SP "optional" while trying to avoid shoving it down longtime-players throats.
    Great task :)
  12. CS2016 Committed Player

this community has never allowed anything to be "optional" ever.

you either have sai SP' or dont get invited, you either skip adds or dont invited or get kicked or left behind to die multi times. It'll be same ol same ol, "need roles CR158+ 200sp+ for PZR PST"
    • Like x 2
  13. Fies Committed Player

Thats true. SP could mean even less than now and people would still shout for 200+
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

And the community will keep shrinking and shrinking until all that's left are those players.
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Like adding corrosive damage to your power (i.e. dot)?
  16. bull425 Well-Known Player

If it wasn't tied to grindy feats, I would be in favour of this. I finished the 50 rogues, and 99 gotham duos recently, only to find I had to do another 50, and another 151. So my problem is there are too many feats like this. I play the same stuff over and over to grind for 25 feat points. Get 150 plans, salvage 5000. Enough already. Tie the feats to accomplishments, not just more, more, more which to me and many others is not an accomplishment only because I have to do the same content.
    • Like x 2
  17. Guangui New Player

Idea.

New players would have to spend years gathering all those skill points. Why not change the way we earn skillpoints. Either make them be bought with in game cash, giving cash more value or have them be earn by sheer XP. You know each time you level your XP bar you get a skillpoint. This will be easier for new players to get SPs and old players wont have to get mad at new players low SP. Earning skill points now is very hard. No one does low tier content/bounties/etc. It definitely will take much more time getting 200 sp for a new player than it did for vets when the old content was new. It just doesnt seem fair really, new guys being excited about playing a new game, getting into, thinking youre pretty good to then be told" hey your sp too low you suck" Well what can they do about it? At best they cant get around 100 getting all the soloable SP and investigations races etc. But for the old content that requires a group? All the sp will be nearly unattainable. I've played the game for years. Swaped systems a bit and each time started from the start. I felt it as a Vet player, ifelt the feet draggin mind numbing task of hunting for feats. After i reached 100sp with the soloable junk i was at a dead end. People dont want to run old content for the feats. They dont. SO i was stuck at 100ish sp and got called bad because of low SP. Even though i played the game sinced launch. It just feel odd, those bounty feats that were so easy to first time because everyone in their mother was helping are now incredibly tedious.

I urge you vets to make a new account and see how hard it is to earn sp as a new player. It's not fun and definitely does not feel rewarding.

The way i see it, buying it with in game cash or earning it to sheer xp grind is a good idea.

For the XP one it can be like this.

1.) Each DLC has a bar of XP under the feats menu.
    2) Ex You can only earn Hard Light xp while doing hard light content etc
    3) XP is earn by defeating enemies and completing the missions
    4) Earn general XP untop of DLC xp to earn the vanilla game SP, just make general XP pool much bigger since it can e earned everywhere.

The cash way could be this simple

Make skill points cost 2500 cash and each one cost 1000 more. by the time you buy 100 sp youll be spending 100K each point. Only requirment would be must have membership to buy SPs.

MY idea.

I just feel something should be done towards the way SP are earned. New players dont stand a chance.
    • Like x 2
  18. mexmex Dedicated Player

If they go the route, pay for feats or SP, the game will be a worse pay to win than already is with the replay badges, I can see a lot of the vets players and other players without enough cash to do so leaving for good, the player base will suffer with it A LOT

That is only because most of new players dont give a dam about getting SP they only worries about reaching end content as fast as possible, simply because the SP are "worthless" as they are right now, with this changes Im proposing all players will start a hunt feat to get those SP, to improve their characters, as a result of it It won`t be that hard anymore.

Well how its fair for someone who has been playing for years spending their time and money sometimes to get those feats done, just to see a new player achieving the same in a week or a month with no effort at all? which by the way it is what is going on now with this CR relevancy

With the proper motivation of SP really being important and making a difference I am pretty sure lot of people will persue those feats, I play in different leagues most of them have members willing to help others with the feats

those bounty feats are more easy now if you got a high cr you dont need a group to do it, it just require time, actually since you dont need a group for them anymore, i would say its a way faster than it was before

The game is already cash grab for everything, the only thing that remains legit is the SP but they are worthless after a number of them so bring them their once value back and people will start looking for them.

Just a funny experience I had a few months back regarding this, while doing the granny goldstar feat, 6 of the group had more than 200 sp, and 2 where really low one with 120sp and the other 85, and after a few fails those two guys just took off, while the rest with far more SP stood there until it got accomplished, that is what the real problem is, new players don`t want to work their way to the SP because as you said, You dont feel rewarded properly for those feats, if the dev team change that, it will be a big improvement in the game and less people complaining not having something to do, especially when I see those threads and see they have 100 sp I think: "wow it is not like you dont have nothing to do, you just dont want to do anything"
  19. mexmex Dedicated Player

I feel your pain, but we all did the same route, it was painful before even more since lets say the bottle duos you can do those in 5 minutes now, before well took more time, the salvage crafting feats comes in time dont need to worry for those, all those grinding feats the painful one will come in time and all those together might be as much as 10 SP total so no biggie there, but the rest of the feats from old content are way to easy to get, if you play with friends and league mates, pugging for feats it is undoable now as it was back then
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

So devs any plans you can share with us the community on this regard? Please, even if that might be a work in progress or just ideas you might have