A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

In the mid-range update for Mental the powers that deal increased damage on enemies with a PI got stronger, but only Mental's actual powers got buffed, not the Iconic powers. So, it is a loss of damage to use Gag Glove over any of Mental's PI burst power.
  2. Han Lower Level 30

That's exactly what I was getting at..I understand that you don't use your weapon and it's all might based tray attacks..but it looks like dual wield would be the best benefit as according to DC wiki. Is wiki still current?

Bow, Hand Blast, Rifle, Staff, Two-Handed : +3% Critical Attack chance

Brawling, Dual Pistol, Dual Wield, Martial Arts, One-Handed, Shield : +12% critical attack damage

Precision

Shield : +75
    Brawling, Dual Wield, Martial Arts, Two-Handed : +85
    Rifle, Staff : +117
    Bow, Dual Pistol, Hand Blast, One-Handed : +127
    Might

Hand Blast : +75
    Bow, Dual Pistol, One-Handed, Rifle, Staff : +90
    Brawling, Shield, Two-Handed : +129
    Dual Wield, Martial Arts : +144
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So your answer is no. You have not tried it. Anyone else ACTUALLY try this in pvp?
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Once upon a time I did try it, more often with Celestial than Mental, but I have. So, drop the stuck up attitude, and actually pay attention to the actual facts about Gag Glove.

Right now any burst PI applicator from a powerset that has had their mid-range update will hit as hard as Gag Glove when it hits a Dazed enemy. When Gag Glove doesn't hit a Dazed enemy it only hits for 2/3 the damage.

Considering Terror Tendrils will hit just as hard, but has the added benefit of not splitting damage, there is absolutely no reason to use it in PvP.
  5. motionsick Well-Known Player

Are you referring to the Critical Attack Chance % and Critical Attack Magnitude Damage bonuses you get from the Weapon trees? You should always unlock those skill points irregardless of what weapon you equip - they are passive buffs that are always active, as long as you pickup those skill pts (you need 77 to unlock all Crits + movement mode)

Equpping a melee weapon I believe gives you inherit bonues for combo/precision based powers (which Mental is not), that being said I use 1H also for the Flurry attack (helps break objects quickly) and flip slash for fun.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No prob man. Things change. All I'm saying is I've see people with mental and atomic powers using it. It just seems to be hitting quite hard. I don't have an attitude. I asked a question to see if anyone has tried it now. You put in your two cents and I appriciate it. I've been thinking of switching to mental and wanted to know if anyone has tried it in pvp as of late. I understand the update was done, but all I did was ask a question. Reading me patch notes doesn't answer it.

So, sorry if you think I'm being rude, but these forums are full of folks who like to retype patch notes.
  7. motionsick Well-Known Player

Has anyone else noticed MT not hitting for the full amounts?

Eg: running the latest solo, sometimes adds only get hit for 3-4K instead of the full amount, or crit for only 20K? Same thing happens in the latest alert too.

This shows up on screen and in the parser (PS4)..
    • Like x 3
  8. Phill Committed Player

The same is happening with mass levitation. I have seen it with both finishers. The attacks are not hitting in some cases. This is very frustrating.
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I figured it just wasn't showing the "fake" amount it hit for and is now showing the actual amount. Watch the enemy health bars. When I see it happen, they are dead/just about dead.

But I have absolutely noticed it as well
  10. motionsick Well-Known Player

I'm wondering if this is intended, as I don't remember ever seeing this on other powers.. (could be imagining it). Along with that crit and non-crit dmg seem off (sometimes they are the same).

Now I'm worried this will lead to a nerf! j/k but not really :confused:
  11. motionsick Well-Known Player

12. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

its not a bug. there are no "overkill" anymore in pve.

i.e your MT normally hits 50k, if the enemy only have 1k HP left, it will hit for 1k. if the enemy only have 5k left it will hit for 5k. if the enemy has more than 50k HP, u will hit normally 50k. and it happens with other powers (and weapon dmg) too, like pet damage and other hard hitting burst-type power. so yeah no more "fake scoreboard" damage, u know, when ppl are doing great numbers but they actually don't make the instance faster :p
    • Like x 1
  13. motionsick Well-Known Player

I haven't noticed this on my other toons but I haven't looked for it either.

Will check it out tonight.
  14. Ri0THL Level 30

I just switched to mental troll. What move do I need to have to stun k. elite in pze?
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Not sure that there's one specific one you have to use. Tendrils, flames, shock, cryo and pyrokinesis, mass terror, mass levitation, telekinesis, etc should all work equally well
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Question:

I've been playing mental dps for a while now, and Everytime I cast Grandeur: My Power bar Drops to Half.

Any reasons why this is happening, if so is there an alternative for grandeur?
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Maybe it doesn't trigger power regen? Is it listed?
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Drops to half? That doesn't sound right. Are you having trouble finishing your rotation? You should honestly have no issues with power whatsoever, even without a controller.
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Here's what I'm using:

Psychic resonance, Clipped with grandeur: Mass Terror.

Then rotate this until grandeur comes off of cooldown:
    Psychic shock, Telkenetic bolt, Phantom flames, into mass terror.

[IMG]

According to Grandeur's description, it's not listed to trigger power regeneration.

That's odd considering Grandeur is supposed to give us a shortcut to Max Resonance,

And according to the Psychic resonance, any move that amplifies resonance is supposed to trigger power-regen.

Edit: I noticed this specifically while wondering around in the Watchtower, and it's even more noticeable when running ace chemicals without a controller.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've noticed this too, sometimes when doing the rotation above I see pretty inconsistent numbers with mental.