Can't use game configuration

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ElectricD, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ElectricD New Player

I accidently pressed f11 and put the game in windowed mode, I know how to go to game configuration, but every time I try to open it it gives me a error message saying that it’s made in version v1.1.4322 of the runtime and it can’t be loaded in the runtime of 4.0 without additional configuration-information, and I have no idea what that means
    • Like x 1
  2. AOBIJIT New Player

me too same problem
    • Like x 1
  3. Comet New Player

I'm having the same issue. It started right after U58 and while the game still loads, I can no longer use my gamepad to play because the "game configuration" in options gives this message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
    at DCUOOptions.OptionsWindow.OptionsWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    DCUOOptions
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Public/Daybreak%20Game%20Company/Installed%20Games/DC%20Universe%20Online/Unreal3/Binaries/Win32/DCUOOptions.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Someone PLEASE help! :) I'm dying to play the new episode. Anyone out there know what to do about this?
    • Like x 1
  4. Comet New Player

and FYI ALL of my windows 7 updates are downloaded and successfully installed. I have rebooted (multiple times). I have downloaded and ran a repair on my DCUO install. I have updated my Logitech software. I have run CCleaner as directed by a previous post to fix this issue and I have copied the dinput8.dll into my install directory as also posted as a fix for this problem. Sadly NONE of these fixes worked. Can ANYONE suggest anything else?
    Thanks in advance.
  5. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One does not use a Pc so he can not help you. He uses a superior machine called The Playstation 4 but he does hope you resolve your issues in game and out.The People would never want any one deprived the privilege of playing this great game.
  6. AOBIJIT New Player

this is all ppl at the moment idk how to fix .i can't play need fix it
  7. Guy Streakerson Level 30

8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Update your WIndows, especially NET Framework. From a first look, it seems you have only version 4.0, but the latest is 4.5 I think.
    • Like x 1
  9. Comet New Player

My .NET Framework's last security update was for version 4.6.1
    So, I'm not sure why that error generates that report.
  10. Klyptic New Player

Recently I've tried hooking up a ps3 controller to play dcuo pc on, I installed everything properly It works in the properties and I even tried it on another game so my ps3 controller is connected correctly. But when I hit game configuration I get this:
    [IMG]

I can hit continue but I get the controller page with my controller not showing up. I've downloaded DirectX and .NET Framework 4.5 SP1, I also checked if I have any windows updates available, I don't but I restarted my pc anyways and it still didn't fix the issue.
  11. ElectricD New Player

you what, just **** it, i don't care anymore. i'm just not gonna play the game anymore, i've tried everyting i could think of, downloaded countless files and deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times and nothing worked. all i wanted was to play this game with my friend, but that's apparently not posible. so just **** it
  12. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

Can some tech look into this? I don't know what to do, the game works but can't use game pad and I suck at qwerty, please!! i'ts been like this since update 57
  13. ElectricD New Player

i went into the actual game files and changed to resulution from there, but it still didn't work, as soon as i start up the launcher it replaces the files and changes it back to the messed up resulution. please someone help me, i have now tried everything i could possibly do to try to fix this and i just want to play this game :(
  14. ElectricD New Player

a friend of mine who is good with computers said that it's becuase i have windows 10. i don't know if this is true or not, so please tell me if everyone of you who is also having this problem also has windows 10
  15. ReaperNYHC New Player

i have win7 and have the same issue after the last gameupdate
  16. omegalion New Player

I have the same problem but in addition to that I have the sound of the game no moreand the options screen inside it has been changed . Help!!!
  17. AOBIJIT New Player

• Like x 1
  18. AOBIJIT New Player

try that way guys .
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Since it can't get any worse and others had problems with not seeing their settings at all, try this:
    • Close DCUO and the Launchpad
    • Go to My Documents/My Games/DC Universe Online
    • Move the SaveData folder or delete it into the trash bin
    • start DCUO again, preferably with admin rights and do Vallidate Game Assets, don't forget that you need the same admin rights in the folder named above!
    What does this do? Well, this forces all your settings, caches and other locally saved settings of DCUO to reset. It also contains your screenshots, s you might just move it, not delete it ;). As long as the game doesn't find the SavData there, it will be reset.
    • Like x 1
  20. Comet New Player

Thanks Aobijit and LadyLighting for bending your mind to this problem. However, neither solution worked. "Game configuration" still gives the same error :( Please keep trying though.