Exobits for Pickups

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Electrizzaro, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

My league and I were joking around with one of our members. They have a creative name that sounds like Exobit. One of our other members asked if they got some exos when they picked them up and we all started laughing. Then we started talking about how interesting it would be if you actually did get exos for pickups. I thought it was an interesting concept and decided to ask the community what they thought. Naturally it could be exploited (as long as you do not mind the repair bill) but please discuss away.
    • Like x 6
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it might get people to actually run pickups...
    • Like x 3
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I have read plenty of threads on the forums about groups in general not picking up even though they are standing right on top of them or designating specific roles to doing it. My league does not have that issue but this would be help motivate (those that mod anyway) players to possibly pickup since they would be getting something for it.
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

I am a legendary picker upper, especially on my DPS.

If somehow picking up a teammate resulted in an exobit collected + a count on my gather feats, I would queue up for Happiness Home and maybe NGN first boss all day long. I like this idea.

;)
    • Like x 6
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I normally do pickups in either role but I have also been in groups where they tell the troll to do the pick ups because it is their job. I have even gotten kicked from a raid for doing pickups lol. Would be nice if we got compensated for them lol
  6. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Get a low level character to a leveling area, get them one-shot by an add, pick them up, get your exos, rinse and repeat.
    That's what people would do. Remember this is DCUO, where anything that can be exploited, will be exploited.
    • Like x 2
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That is a solid point but one would think that eventually said low cr toon would get tired of paying to fix his gear...maybe not though.
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Then again it might backfire and lead to people dying on purpose to turn into an exobit farm, and crash the market...
    • Like x 3
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That could also be true. lol
  10. omegahawk74 Committed Player

In 8 player missions the DPS should always be the people to pick up others. Think about it the Tank has to keep the enemy away from the group so they usually try to keep them in 1 spot. The Healer can't pick up as if he or she does that 6 seconds it takes to pick someone up BAM your all dead. The troll shouldn't as the he is meant to keep the tank and healer powered and if he stops the tank runs out of power and the healer can to and then BAM your all dead. Or if the troll goes to pick up people and the dps's don't have power they cry about that to. Its simple logic the DPS's should do the pick ups in 8 players and even in most cases the 4 players so stop trying to get top dps spot as it will do no good if the tank loses agro and the healer can't heal for lack of power DUH.
    • Like x 3
  11. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Another thing that could/would happen is 4-5 players running to pick someone up for the exos and bunching themselves up nicely for a one-shot attack.
    • Like x 1
  12. omegahawk74 Committed Player

That is so very true and mics come in handy at this time for that to help not happen for those groups that have mic's.
    • Like x 2
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

As people have pointed out, it'd be easy to exploit the system.

Another thing is that players might actually start fighting over who's going to do revives. With the people rushing over when someone dies to secure a revive. A nightmare in content with death auras and AOEs.

Then you should expect the inevitable Tank and Healer complaints "Why should you get exobits when I'm not allowed to revive".

It's a cute idea but not one I'd support.
    • Like x 1
  14. xhalur Well-Known Player

People shouldn't have to be bribed in order to maintain good teamwork/sportsmanship.

If someone can't do pick-ups without the incentive of receiving a reward, then they don't deserve Exobits. They deserve the Kick button for being self-centered and a hassle to their group.
    • Like x 5
  15. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Bad players are the ones that fail to pickup.
    There does not need to be any incentives, especially bits.
    A healer shouldn't be doing pickups unless there are two and a healer should not have to pickup another healer unless its close proximity and there are more than 3 ppl down
    • Like x 2
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

This.
    It's silly how pick ups have been a subject of debate for so long when it shouldn't even exist as an issue.
    Been leveling a tank lately and it's frustrating when you see someone die and people arround that person just won't pick them up.
    • Like x 3
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Especially since that would give bad players incentive to let others fall...(Because you can't get the bits for picking them up if they don't fall..) and that's not counting the prospect of players deliberately working together to exploit this proposed system for easy bits...
  18. seek76 Committed Player

I only pick up for auras. Otherwise it is not worth my time, sorry. I kid, I don't pick up at all. I use it as a teachable moment, see *******, if you would have moved, I would not have had to pick you up. When that fails, I just start calling names, and then rage quit, hopefully hitting linkdead on the way out, just so your run is as unhappy as mine was. No need to thank me, I learned it from the community, so it must be how to run content.
  19. EP Ice Loyal Player

You know I have been yelled at for picking someone up as a healer and as a dps. I was told to just heal even though the person dropped right in front of me and no one else even saw them fall. As a dps, I was told to keep burning even though it was the healer who went down. I just laughed and continued on mission in both scenarios.
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

meaning you wanna be rewarded to do what we should do already?