Enough with the Steph Curry already...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Malachyte, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Oh man, is any other basketball out there tired of seeing all this hype of Steph Curry.

Yes, he is a very good player and outstanding shooter but damn they talking about him like he's MJ or the Big O.
    Yes they are tearing up the league now, because the NBA 10 years ago decided to basically ban defensive play so a player like him can get away with doing pretty much anything.
    They were lucky and yes I mean lucky to have won the championship last year because Lebron was forced to play the finals with 6 guys from the playground and still took 2 games from them.

Let see Steph win a few more titles before anointing him the next "Legend" and greatest player ever...lol

He's not even the greatest small man to play in the past 20 years..that would be AI and Steph doesn't come close to AI

Any NBA fans out there have any thoughts ??
    • Like x 2
  2. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

If it is not rugby then its not a sport.
    • Like x 1
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

Rugby is a good game..I watched the World Cup at an Irish Pub near my house. though I don't know much of the rules it was fun watching NZ spank the Aussies...lol
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

League or Union? Or even Aussie Rules (the sport where guys wear tighter shorts than Hooters' waitresses, and where they literally punch the ball)?
  5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

What's basketball?
    Never could get into it , watching grass grow was more exciting
    • Like x 1
  6. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

You sound like a LeBron fan. Those 6 guys from the playground were still a solid supporting cast. If a player is the greatest he shouldn't need two other All Stars on his team to win which it is starting to look like.
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

Not a LaBron fan at all. I mean I respect his talent, but I think like you he needs other all stars to win Championships, but last championship series wasn't close to matchup. If Love or Kyrie much less both weren't hurt they would have won.

I just think Golden State and Steph or grossly overrated at this point.
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

What is scary to me is, in the past decade, most sports went from watching your favorite player and/or team to watching a bunch of whiny money-hungry babies running around. Give me the Nineties or Eighties, where players were still playing for the love of the game and not the size of the check. There are still good players, but the drama and bull**** seem to outshine them.

On topic, I stopped watching round ball a decade ago. Tired of the sport that I loved to play on the asphalt, turned into little girls faking defensive fouls, or taking too many steps and not getting called for traveling.

end rant
    • Like x 2
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

I can't agree more. this is why I can't stand all this talk about him. Now I know its a different game name and its tough to unfairly compare time frames, but man imagine what the Detroit Bad Boys would do to this Golden State team ?
    Most players wouldn't leave the training table at half time
  10. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

OIC, this is just another "let's pick on Slade"-thread in disguise - and here I thougt this was about basketball. Well played.... but you're on my list now. Both of you!!! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

I dont think Basketballs are tired of seeing anything tbh, unless some wacky scientist brought one to life recently.
    Question asked and answered.
    Out.
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

Thank you for correcting an obvious typo. Feel better now ??
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

You need to watch Castaway. They have feelings, too, you know.
    • Like x 1
  14. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yes actually, but then I got that it was a joke. Give it 10 mins to sink in.
    Btw, hitting the reply button to a post that says out is usually pointless, and henceforth will be, lets see how that works out.
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Careful, apparently jokes aren't allowed in here, OP might get offended again ;)
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

Thank you for your constructive and positive feedback to my post Sir.

Now you can go about your day with the proud feeling of doing a good dead....

Cheers,
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

Not offended at all...that would mean your post actually meant something to me....;)
  18. BigAl Devoted Player

Aren't all posts in the FUNhouse jokes anyways?????? :eek:
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What the Hael are you talking about? Personally like Aussie Rules, even though never actually watched it (well, maybe like the idea of it), haven't really watched League since the Tigers moved from Balmaine (or wherever they use to be based) and Union is just crap
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Don't follow basketball much (only get mild interest when the NCAA tournament rolls around) but because I love watching the guys on First Take berate one another in their debates I've heard a lot about what Curry and the Warriors have been doing so far this season. And as far as I can tell, it's tough to call it hype when the results are pretty much speaking for themselves.

Golden State has been tearing it up, no one can seem to stop Curry from scoring AND they tore apart the Cavs when they played them this season, in Cleveland no less. It's even been mentioned that their play so far this year is because of talk that they won by a fluke and the like.

I'd equate it to the Patriots in the NFL. They get a lot of talk and it's really easy to get sick of hearing about them. But they back it up pretty consistently. Even being a Dolphins fan and a divisional rival, I can't deny that New England backs up the talk about them.

When a team keeps winning and no one seems to be able to stop them from winning, it becomes very difficult to dismiss talk about that team as hype.
    • Like x 2