Electric is the Best Power!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by The Blinder, Nov 26, 2015.

1. The Blinder Well-Known Player

It's the best power becuase it's going to have such an op buff one day so therefore it's the most op power but hasn't shown it's potential yet. Noobs. Noooobs.
  2. Gotcha Level 30

Well say hasta la vista to this thread....o_O
  3. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

The new mid range targets beg to differ. If your waiting for elecs and think its going to be 'OP' be ready for dissapointment.
  4. Gotcha Level 30

yep, and also elec in my opinion was never good to me, im sure it has its good points, but i never continued with it, ill take a nice quantum ,gadgets, and my favorite,nature anytime
  5. The Blinder Well-Known Player

It's a game. Developed by people. Those people balance things, or try to. Therefore electricity will be average, great, or op. Not bad.
  6. The Blinder Well-Known Player

Electricity isn't my favorite power but if it was something useful to use at the moment I'd love to give it a try.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Lol Enjoy that OP buff while it last.

Keep in mind, electric is only gonna be effective against bosses realisticly speaking, so unless the 5-111 set up changes I dont forsee electric being op, or if it is..
    Then that means nature will be much better why? Primal wolf, dog, etc.
    And dots too.
  8. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

The mid range balances are coming with SPECIFIC targets, 35k at melee range, 30k at mid range and 25k damage per second at max range with very little room for deviation. This is a balancing like we have never seen before. So no, it wont be average, great or OP, it will be in line with all the other powers.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

Yes. Except setup time will be slower and you'll still feel weaker on adds. But your boss burn should be typical albeit a minor advantage to continuing to damage while blocking. Not enough advantage to make a real dent on the lost ground in the scoreboard but maybe a little better.
    • Like x 3
  10. EP Ice Loyal Player

That's my biggest gripe about electric. The setup time is way too slow and way vulnerable to interruption.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nuubia Well-Known Player

Not only that but electricity does not get that initial burst set up damage the way nature does when going into VL -> Briar.

IDK what the solution is but one would think electricity would be the burstiest of powersets given the nature of electricity IRL.

Maybe let all Elecs initial setup attacks do burst dmg...
    • Like x 3
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Because you see this video below and dreaming with these numbers, right?
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

But 25k, 30k, 35k on 3 targets ONLY the DoT, right? Because the DoT is the AM. The same thing with the pet powers. The AM is the pet, not the pet + weapon.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

For power sets using weapons (DoT and Pet) the targets include the use of the weapon.
    • Like x 1
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

If there was a way to get that good initial burst before levelling out to a constant parse/s then that would put dot powers right where pets are currently. Not exactly OP when compared to other powers by parse, but the front loaded damage would help keep a respectable appearance on that all important scoreboard.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Put the Burst back in Electroburst. Putting it on Arc Lightning for enemies without PI was a mistake when Mental and Gadgets can steal that away. I wish Tesla Ball could be slowed down a bit and get more ticks put of it. Then there would be no need to go into the Amperage tree for DPS.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

I still can't believe there's no actual burst in electroburst. They should put it back or rename the power Trickle Charge.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kreachure Committed Player

19. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

One day?
    We are waiting for 2years now ... :eek:
    Shame on DCUO, SHAME!

#