Is DCUO Open World Anymore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Blinder, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I've come to think of these reasons why it's not.
    The game has almost no open world content. It's instead centered on instances aka raids with limited roaming to get to the objective.

Nobody involves themselves in the open world anymore. Unless of course bit hunting,races, or low level leveling up.

Wheres the big open world events that use to happen way back when? No where.

Remember the huge battles the villains and hero's use to have in the world near the clubs. Doesn't happen anymore.

Game is now focused on "instanced" open world raids with limited roam potential. And on the brag rights for better gear. But I'm still hooked.
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Unfortunately this "era is over" ...
    The fun open world missions only if you remake a character ...
    • Like x 1
  3. Jak-Man Committed Player

Only PvP wars come up every now and then. Other than that, open world is a barren wasteland. I think we need more content like Hand of Fate and Sons of Trigon where some their instances are focused around open world. Amazon Fury also.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Open world content released prior to this, with the exception of bounties, has been horrid. It's all quests in the form of "leveling quests" where I gather things or kill a certain number of enemies. There isn't any thought behind it.

Now if they released an "end game" open world filled with bounties and rewards for open world PVP (barring that they fixed it first), then I'd be down. However if they did anything like they did with older open world stuff, then I'd never run it. Too boring. Too monotonous. Too easy. Additionally I would never want it to take away from ANYTHING we get in current monthly releases. It would have to be a side thing.

The open world has never been fun, stable or relevant. Until they come up with an idea where it could be, I never want to see it again.
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

If nothing else they could put the walk ins for various instances in the open world...
  6. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Well, I could agree with this on some open world content, but not hand of fate. The damn missions around stryker's and ACE were horribly OP for the max CR at that time. Not just that I wasn't able to do them alone, I didn't even know anyone who could do them alone. Everyone needed help, at least with certain missions. I think they nerfed it a couple of weeks/months later, and rightfully so.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

8. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Open world is nothing more than one big chat room really nowadays the Devs have really wasted this part if the game and made this game closer to other MMOs. Look at the combat and how AMs has watered it down.