LFG Semantics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritasum, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

Common LFG speak:

Need BEAST dps
    BEAST dps lf
    EXPERT group
    Need EXPERT roles
    No SCRUBS
    Pst CR/Power/SP
    Need roles for HH 140+
    QUICK/FAST run

What all of that usually translates to is:

I need to be carried
    I have about 120 SP
    I cannot deal with when my AM is interrupted
    I'm a beast dps as long as a healer can keep me alive under the crotch of a boss
    We will only do the first 2 bosses
    The expert strategy is to huddle up in a corner and hope boss doesn't jump into the group
    It will take this group 60 min to get past first boss
    I will talk incesantly throughout the raid about how good my strategies and I are wipe after wipe after wipe and then when success finally arrives, it's "see, I told you so"

This is my official face palm for all of the above and the many more that exist.

It's more of a get things off my chest kind of thread, but if you would like to share, comment, disagree, etc. you are welcomed to :).
    • Like x 22
  2. CheneysCurse Well-Known Player

Yes..

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. SSeid Committed Player

Only happens when you see people say "fast run".
    • Like x 3
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

Edited my post. forgot about that one!
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Remember the days when this used to be shouted:

"LFG for Inner. Report to teleporter for inspection".
    • Like x 6
  6. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

this thread is hilarious because its true
    • Like x 2
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You forgot one .. Experienced players only Translated to I REALLY need to be carried can I just have my character hop on your character's back? Watching mine do all that running in game tires me out.
    • Like x 1
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

LOL
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

There are times where some of that actually means "I would like to run content without ******* so as not to be frustrated. Although, those people should know better how to go about weeding people out ;)
  10. Couze Well-Known Player

So how does one properly shout for experienced roles? Because I shout need experienced roles or players with mics for "x". I'm not in the mood to tell a 145 troll how to throw/stack pot and to attack debuff boss "Y". I'm not one to shout for 200+ sp or 144+ cr but I seriously do not want a healer who spams burst and doesn't use HoT
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I actually asked for experienced players relating to a specific feat once. One of the responses that had me laughing was, "I'm CR 140. Is that experienced enough for you?" The 140 player had 40 skill points, and he had no idea how to do the feat.
    • Like x 1
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

for me, the only game where being an "expert" player matters is games like guitar hero or rockband.
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL I had my friend laughing like crazy once over that particular "requirement" Pointed it out to him on the LFG and went straight to Monty Python mode. "I AM experienced .. I mean I have slept with.. well you know .. a LADY. Well that one time anyway. Will that do then sir?"
    • Like x 2
  14. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

LMAO !
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

16. Veritasum Loyal Player

The only wat to find out if someone has experience or not IMO, is to play with them. I understand there's time constraints and all that, but it's the only way. Build a friends list that you've observed meet your requirements.

I don't have any stats to back up my thread, but my experience more often than not reflects what I posted. I rarely make groups so I primarily jump into other groups. The times when I have better luck with groups is those groups that usually simply ask for what they need. Troll, tank, heal, dps and don't add "beast" to the requirements or SP or CR. Obviously there are reasonable expectations for CR and that's understandable, but usually people who are good and already know a couple of others they're playing with won't come up with a bunch of crazy requirements.

A good one from this weekend was "need dps for nexus, 139+CR." That's not even in the realm of sensible.
  17. CHUD Loyal Player

I remember doing something like that. The only thing that happened was they asked me to turn my head and cough.
    • Like x 2
  18. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

the only content i shout for power/sp/cr is SM.. other than that its usually me shouting that i am a scrub
  19. Craven Green Loyal Player

-My favorite shout I see has been "Need roles for BHE x troll fast exp group" and I'm thinking how can you say that with clearly no more than 2 people in your group so far.

-I love seeing shouts like "Need 130+ for Throne reg".

When shouting for roles for any raid I shout "Need roles for "X" raid " I take the people that send me tells in the order that they are received but preference is always made to people I know. I don't ask cr or sp and we always try to give people a chance.

When shouting to get into a raid, which I rarely do as I usually send tells, I shout Troll or Tank for "X". If people want my cr/sp they can look me up or ask.

When shouting for feats we shout the same way as we will be thoroughly explaining how to do the feat once we get in to the raid.
    The only criteria for our groups is that we are all in chat together and they can hear us so there is no confusion as to what is going on. I rarely have to kick someone out of a group.
    • Like x 2
  20. Veritasum Loyal Player

Yes, love the people that claim expert group with 1 or 2 people in the group so far or when they shout "need roles for X except troll, GTG." Clearly they don't know what gtg means or they have an extremely loose interpretation.

Anyway, that's pretty much how I approach it as far as sending people tells to get into groups. I don't know why, but it irks me to no end when people send back a tell asking CR,SP or Power. e.g. I'm a troll, there is absolutely no reason to want to know power. It's a mindless drone question IMO. I've played all troll powers extensively except for Gadgets and fail to see the difference in the power sets that will make or break groups.

Anyway, I try to be sensible when people ask my CR, etc. but it just irks me nonetheless. Maybe I need to see a therapist about it, I'm irked just thinking about it. :confused:
    • Like x 1