Water is on the clock.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Nov 4, 2015.

1. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Not that Atomic is being release today, which I will switch a toon to, that means water is on next up on the diving board. What is the time frame you think DC dev's should have ave for Water? Also given how Atomic will do in the next few days if Atomic is in need of a nerf or buff or just need a total revamp early should this be taken in account for Water to not rush it out? Lets start the talks now on water....
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Atomic better be OP as hell. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people if it's not.
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

And a lot of squishy tanks from what I've been reading lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I'd say Water probably in the summer, which would be harmonious.
    • Like x 6
  5. SSeid Committed Player

It kind of is.. as long as you don't use the combos. Although most people will use them so .. prepare for crying!!
    • Like x 1
  6. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

My guess is that it will be at least 9 months, because we get teasers at about 3 months and we haven't seen any. It definitely takes them longer to make powers than it used to, there were about 3 months between Electricity and Earth. I just hope they don't rush it, because I don't want them to have to adjust the power 30 days after launch.
  7. Magician Dedicated Player

My guesstimate is this time next year. November 2016.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Yeah I was looking forward to tanking with this but I don't think the way they have it comboing tanking works for it would need improve invulnerability beyond what is currently in the game to allow you to perform those combos while in tank stance. So I will actually go DPS for this power which is something I thought I never say. Plus I don't know if I want to go hero or villain, my munitions character is a villain but long que times but if I go hero where I have a rage tank already it would defeat the purpose of me wanting to have a villain tank. I could always change my best character on the villain side to Atomic I'm really bored with Ice....
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They'll probably work on water while all this mid range stuff is under way then release it after the other powers are squared away.

So I'd guess late winter early spring.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Its up there in dmg but fAR from op. I say it's on par with ice earth sorc
    • Like x 2
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's incredibly OP when compared to electricity :p
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

Good enough for me. Ice is getting cOLD.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, given some of the damage that Earth can dish out via the Crystal golem, that kinda scares me a bit. :eek:

:D
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I wouldnt consider atomic op though. Because it's in par with powers. A earth can do bout same dmg as Atomic. Which shows balance may come in future if they keep atomic on par with powers
    • Like x 1
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ice is still just as strong as earth sir. But atomic does take a little bit skill to use.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Don't worry electric will have its day in few months and be up on par with powers
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

like what you did there ^ its surverily boring clipping 3 to 4 moves and just standing there with your hand out.. i cant even play my alt long enough to get here up there with most of the other ones
    • Like x 1
  18. Malachyte Devoted Player

My sling shot that I had when I was 12 was incredibly OP compared to electricity these days....

Funny thing, the new gear is based on Live Wire, so you would think they would revamp the Electric power set now right...lol
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I don't mind a little challenge, keeps things fun. :)

I was just having a little fun with my comment. I like to joke that Crystal scares me enough on my Earth character that I don't mess with her and just let her do her thing. LOL :D
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

its a dot power so keep dreaming :( .. they will be able to make it match in sustained damage but it wont have the burst to be competitive which is sad because it really is a fun power to play
    • Like x 1