Launching November 4: Episode 18, Atomic, Game Update 54, Cross Faction PvE, and R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

Any patch notes for GU54?
    • Like x 1
  2. mexmex Dedicated Player

I really look forward to switch my ice tank to atomic, but after reading some post i'm afraid, WHAT is wrong with atomic tanking??
  3. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Atomic Power isn't ready yet, particularly on Elite End Game Contents/Raids, as it goes on live soon. It is the WEAKEST Tank Powerset as of the moment. Think of it as an Ice Tank without all its shields.
  4. Nemesir Well-Known Player

I totally agreed with ur comment. We are very much witnessing soon a Power being released on live with basically only one effective role being accomplished. Testers had done their job well enough and they've done their part in contributing and analyzing and posting relevant and imperative infos and recommendations regarding its Tanking aspect and mechanics specifically during it's testing phase on the Test Server.

It's now out of our hands. Now it's up to the developers if they still want to make Atomic Power a complete viable powerset on its release date or not.
  5. Coulromaniac Dedicated Player

I swear to glob, if that hint was an indication that they're going to be giving away another Skeets Bot, Tom Bot, Joker Blimp etc. or any other once in a lifetime gift to Legendary members tomorrow, I'm going to be a VERY, VERY sad clown.

My family is in dire straights right now and we had to borrow 300 hundred dollars just to make sure everyone will be able to eat and pay the light bill, my internet is fudging ridiculous in terms of stability so I didn't bother to sub since I can rarely even get online right now, and my sister needed gas money so I am fresh out of cash- NO MORE EXCLUSIVE ITEMS PLEASE, I will scream, record myself screaming, and then link it to a thread on the forums so everyone can know my dismay.

Otherwise, if by that hint you mean "you're going to want to be a member on November 4th onward" and not just on that specific day because you're going to surprise everyone with a gift, then please disregard and forgive this entire post- LOVE DCUO.
  6. Nemesir Well-Known Player

This is my post on Test Discussion/Atomic Power on Page 59 begging for the Devs. I just like to reiterate it here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/atomic-powers.261848/page-59

This is of utmost concern regarding Atomic Power. Devs please do a major tweak/fix on Atomic Tanking based on tested feedbacks posted here by trusted credible testers before it goes live, coz it's a bit alarming that it will be released on live soon and yet there hasn't been a major tweak/fix on Atomic Tanking with its mitigation issues and tanking mechanics in general. We don't want Atomic power to be released, bought, and used only to DPS.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Just with a sparing target? On bosses it shows different results?
  8. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

maybe they really mean "respect" tokens because they might be one of those foul mad players so they decided to change their ways by buying a respect tokens....Or they love they Aretha Franklin song....
    • Like x 4
  9. SnowStar Committed Player

Show some respec will you!
    • Like x 3
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Never! :p
    • Like x 2
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

So this thread has turned into a natzi typo finding post? Geez.....you guys are funny!

Play more PS4!
  12. BZ12 Active Player

The new R&D gear system is for rare styles?
  13. L T Devoted Player

Thank you for the validation there.
    Re-reading my original post, I want to apologize if it came off as rude. It's obvious that Spord worked hard on the power. The DPS side of it is really, really good. The teleportation powers are super cool.

Furthermore I didn't realize that the update giving you a heal in tank stance even when countered hadn't gone in yet, and it makes a much bigger difference in the way the power plays than I'd thought it would. After testing this morning, it definitely plays much better. Problems that persist with tank stance:
    • beta surge does not reliably block break, but it is vulnerable to interrupt (this might have been server lag-- but I was testing PVE, not PVP)
    • When beta surge does block break, it only affects your main target, and not all targets that are damaged.
    • the animation for atom splitter seems about a half-second too long
    • atom splitter seems to be vulnerable to both block and interrupt -- though I think the interrupt vulnerability is only during the initial cast
    So I'd actually change my review from "Awful" to "Not so bad", and from "Not fit for player consumption" to "Still has a couple of things to be looked at".

AND ANOTHER THING:

The REST of the update is five-star. Cross Faction PVE is a HUGE addition to the Villain side-- at least on USPC. The Expanded crafting is, in my mind, a very welcome addition and the update to the powers brings DCUO way closer to having balanced DPS.

So... to the developers-- sorry if I came off as overly cranky. To Nemesir-- yeah it's still got its weaknesses, but if you don't use atom splitter as your melee combo it's pretty survivable when you play (at least as good as Fire). To the rest of the community-- sorry if I write too much all the time.
    • Like x 4
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I do believe that I am swooning ... so much content dropping on one day!
    • Like x 1
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

First and foremost I want to thank you, and every other tester, who helped work on the feedback for atomic. Also, don't worry you were one among the many who didn't realize that the tank power hadn't hit test with intended changes (I actually even quoted someone who was concerned and they never responded :p. My quote was simply agreeing with them and than posting the changes to atomic on test saying it's a shame no one will probably notice it or test it because they will be off fuming).

I do think this whole thing could have been handled a bit better (the power release), I also do think we as a community did what we normally do and declare the sky is falling.. forgetting all about our tinfoil hats... but given the history most of have endured I can see why events played as they did I just wish we could all be more hopeful sometimes.

Were getting an update that can help correct the best gear issues, a power, a new duo, a raid and elite raid, cross faction pve for non operations, lots of goodies and already we have a new thread about the concerns of whats going to happen now. Sometimes I think we all need to learn how to chill :p. I myself have not always been capable of this but I have been trying :D
    • Like x 2
  16. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

most phases if not all where done on sparing targets
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Are you saying your character gets no respect? Maybe changing their specifications and specializations would help :p
  18. akaivy Dedicated Player

Nope. In this case it actually can be Duck Tape:

[IMG]
  19. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Thats amazing, one real complaint,
    The new R&D is pointless with being able to trade, also this should be for episode 15+
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

What about this Suicide Squad style? Where do you get it? What's it look like?