Launching November 4: Episode 18, Atomic, Game Update 54, Cross Faction PvE, and R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello DCUO! We have a ton of content and features in the works, and that means we have a long list of launch dates to share. (Hint: You are going to want be a Member on November 4, 2015.)

[IMG]

Episode 18 Member and Marketplace Launch Dates Confirmed!

Episode 18 launches for Members on Wednesday, November 4, 2015, followed by the Marketplace launch (for non-Members) on November 11, 2015. Episode 18 features penultimate chapters in two of our ongoing storylines. "Blackest Day" is an 8-player Operation that will lead us to the finale of the War of the Light, and "The Demon's Pit" is a 2-player Duo that sets up a final confrontation with the League of Assassins.

Game Update 54: New R&D Gear System, Power Updates, and Cross Faction PvE!

Game Update 54 ALSO launches on November 4, 2015! Of note, GU54 introduces the new R&D Gear System, just in time for Episode 18. (At launch, the system is only implemented for Episode 18.)

But that's not all, because the update also brings Cross Faction PvE, Suicide Squad style AND midrange power updates for Fire, Gadgets, and Quantum.

New Powerset: Atomic!

Blast your enemies with the new Atomic powers, a Tank and Damage powerset focused on manipulating nuclear energy. Atomic launches for all players on November 4, 2015. Members will automatically have access to Atomic, while non-Members will be able to purchase it in the Marketplace.

That's right - Episode 18, Atomic, R&D Gear System, Cross Faction PvE, midrange power updates and the rest of Game Update 54 all launch this Wednesday, November 4, 2015. Subscribe today so you don't miss a moment!
    • Like x 30
  2. Anima Committed Player

Oh yeah.
  3. Surkilo Well-Known Player

Time to blow the dust off my respect token and use it on my character.:D
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I am drooling over Episode 18.... but could we please get this Chest Style for Episode 20 when you introduce Nekron?

(Mummy Backup Trinket just in general would be awesome, too, but that's not even a little bit related to the announcement)
    • Like x 3
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No downtime?
    • Like x 1
  6. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

It includes GU54 so expect downtime.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Patch notes and does this have cross PVE.
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

10. Anima Committed Player

I guess reading the title was just too much.
    • Like x 10
  11. YinChakra Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I lost my ability to read at EP18.
    • Like x 8
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Will Atomic launch like Munitions? Will it be available after server restart ?
  14. coco Committed Player

lol I knew this announcement was coming! Demi and I were just discussing this announcement this morning. Awesome, can't wait!
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Atomic Yes Finally Here i come along with Everyone else ;) #AltMakingTime
    • Like x 3
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Tell that to electric, nature, and hard light
    • Like x 8
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

Literally spat out the popcorn I was eating. Well done sir.
    • Like x 8
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

HL should get one next GU, Not sure when electric or nature. but then again i am just going by what the devs showed us.;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

You guys never cease to amaze me. Well played DayBreak Games, well played.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!! Hope it turns out well
    • Like x 2