Relevancy & Combat Rating

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

[IMG]Why does most of the T6 content only have a 11 to 16cr relevancy window when most of the other tiers have 20 or more? Even with a 20cr relevancy window I've been finding my new toons out growing the content before even running it all (that is if you ever get into a queue).

The cr system that's in place is faulty. The relevancy windows need to be expanded and the cr system adjusted, to help new players learn their roles and prepare them for the higher tiered content. I thought skipping content and blasting through the tiers was what we (by "we" I mean the developers and many in the DCUO community including myself) were trying to avoid.

It's a shame about the direction this game has gone, I've been playing since 2011 and still love this game. But the hardest part of the game now is not collecting that piece of gear that is going to take some of the enjoyment out of the content that I've loved for so long.
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

You don't want to blast through tiers, but you want each tier's relevancy expanded ?
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

It was a very poorly thought out system. As with most everything they have changed/implemented this past year+ absolutely 0 thought has gone into how these things will effect current and long time players. None.
    • Like x 2
  4. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I don't think changing this will make people who don't know how to play get better. When I was new (a year or so ago) once I learned I was not very good I would ask ppl in game how to be better or look at guides from the forums

The best solution would be have an actual manual ingame for people who don't internet or communicate with others. Cutting/expanding relevancy won't increase the new players knowledge.
    • Like x 2
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Heh, the original relevancy windows were even worse. I miss T6 now. There was so much more to do there than in T7.
    • Like x 1
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

I love how many things people think will help improve "bad plsyers". Especially since what constitutes a "bad player" is very much a matter of opinion.
    • Like x 2
  7. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

All I mean by "good player" doing your am adequately as a dps, keeping PoT up, basic tank mechanics, and keeping the group healed without your power bar being completely empty. That's not too much ask I'd like to think. Please don't confuse me for an elitist try hard (insert any other insult for the best players).
    • Like x 1
  8. VariableFire Loyal Player

A manual somewhere would be nice. Some of the gui indicators aren't immediately obvious to newcomers.
    • Like x 3
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Oh, my comment wasn't aimed at you personally. I just hear that all the time "this or that is why we have so many bad players".

It's like those few on these forums that are all like "oh, this raid is too easy, that league beat it day one!" Blah blah blah. Hey guy, most people are still NOT beating the current raid with Trigon (whatever it's called).
    ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. BluePlusYellow Well-Known Player

I completely agree. I think they meant lower tier content. And 2 day was another all time low. Went into the Zam duo and a113 Cr , still pisses me of when I even think about what they typed to me on chat short and simple he told me "solo it" I about lost it I wish I could reach through the screen and strangle some people. They want gear handed to them in silver platter and not earn it
    • Like x 2
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Ya
    I've only run into a situation like this once ever. Then again, I've only pugged anything a handfull of times. That is actually a pretty bad ratio now that I think about it.

Anyway, I had a pug in with me on that League Hall duo. He was just going into the rooms with me then flying around in circles.

I didn't notice at first, but when I did I asked him "are you playing?".

No response.

After another bit I typed something rude like "why bother logging in" and or "you're an idiot".

He responded "you are!".

Ok. So I took us to the last boss, started the fight, and left. Idk, what became of him. Never bothered to even look at their name... it takes all kinds, as they say.
    • Like x 1
  12. grendel007 Well-Known Player

The new ui could add a manual tab. But I don't think we're getting one
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

T6 has the most content to run..

CR 100-104 you get two T6 episodes worth of content to run: AF I and HoP I; you also get some T5 content to run in this area as well.

CR 105 - 116 you get the rest of T6 content.

Please keep in mind T6 content was NERFED big time...The game has become easier each month and when tough content is dropped, like UM, it gets nerfed...I remember the days of Carol Ferris and barely anyone beating her. UM was like that for a week, now it got nerf..such a pitty..
  14. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well my friend, my main is already way past that point and up to date with tier 7. What I was getting at was in three days on a low end alt I went from T1 to T5, no problem. It was way to easy. I ran a couple instances of each tier and voila, T5. No way that should be even possible.
  15. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is if you are lucky.. Luck plays a major role in quick leveling...I took a CR 65 toon and got him into T6 in one day and the next day my CR was 130 with some RB usage in Corrupted Zamaron. It is very possible to move up fast in this game.
  17. krytine Loyal Player

First do you have an active league? If you did other then just a couple of active players then you would have little difficulty queuing for anything in the game. Now as in players learning there role ..........hmm mm at t6 if they haven't learned it by then they are not willing to. And with the cr ratings if you look at the new gear your cr jumps way up it seems to be pretty proportional to the other ters.
  18. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I do have an active league in fact, we have taken in many new players in the past few days. But although many of them are 135cr +, I still have to remind them not to stand in the giant aoe on the floor or P o T! lol. On the villain side is where I was leveling my new alt and solos and duos were enough to carry me through to the next tier. I did manage to get into a couple BC raids but only got healer gear anyways lol.
  19. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I got 3 toon and working on my 4 right now......I normally play for 3-4 hours daily and it normally take me at least a month to get to T4 if I'm lucky with the drops....and that me using some Reply badges............and here you are telling me it only take you 3 days to get to T5.......ok congrats on your accomplishment.....but I just wonder how much times you spend on the game per day? How much replay have you spent to speed through each tiers? And hey.....nothing wrong with using reply, I thank you for supporting the game but if you are using replay and come here to complain about "oh it only take me 3 days" then plz don't.
  20. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Actually no, I said it only took me 3 days to go from T1 to T5, and there is absolutely no need to spend replays at this point, there is more than enough content to run without using replays. Do you own all the dlc's? Are you legendary? Perhaps there is content your missing out on.;)