Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolix Loyal Player

They still would not be the same. I'm not getting how still having to block to survive one shots somehow equates to all tanks being the same, because I can tell you the 4 tank powers we already have are certainly not the same.
    • Like x 2
  2. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I'm not understanding how you are dying while blocking during a oneshot? Are you actually dying from a oneshot mechanic while in block? If so that is bad and you need to describe which one it is so it can be fixed.
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Except in this specific case all other Tanks allow for full mechanics in or out of block. So in this case you are wanting to deny Atomic security while blocking for the pure sake of being different. If you quoted my post in context you'd also see comments regarding making all other Tanks have the capabilities to Tank while not blocking as well. Why can't the reverse also be true?

Bottom line is blocking is a core defensive mechanic in DCUO. Any playstyle involving it should not be ignored "just because Atomic should be different." Again being able to block securely takes nothing away from being able to attack securely.
    • Like x 1
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Are you not getting how effective health while blocking works? Fire gets and increased health pool and blocking's mitigation, Ice gets Shields and blocking's mitigations, Earth gets 50% mitigation and blocking's mitigation, Rage gets an increased health pool and blocking's mitigation, and Atomic just gets blocking's mitigation. The point is to have some relative balance between tanks while blocking, yet you are behaving as if you have convinced yourself it is a vendetta to force all tanks to just block.
    • Like x 3
  5. Anti Bezz New Player

Hmm I say re-read page 8, before talking more, it's better to read all pages that have feedback already posted by people than to start topics that kinda have already been discussed.
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

You didn't answer the question. And I completely understand all of what you just said but go back to page 8 where I specfically already asked Spord about this and he says It should only block to counter and for "block or die" abilities. It should not be blocking to increase it's effective health. Plain and simple so answer the question, is there a "block or die" ability that you are still dying in that needs to get fixed or not?

The problem you are trying to fix should not exist because like spord has already said you should not be block unless to survive a oneshot, or to counter an enemy. If you survive the oneshot or the "block or die" attack then you come out of block and get back to tanking like intended. You aren't supposed to sit there and turtle up ever so its a moot point, start suggesting ways to make the intended tank mechanic better and quit trying to suggest ways to make your personal play style better.
    • Like x 2
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I have. I have read every single page. Nothing in there subtracts from what I mentioned. In fact some of this started off because I quoted myself from page 7 that talked about this subject, which as you mentioned went unresolved.
    • Like x 1
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Umm, Atomic has a defense boost + a shield. It has the same effective health as Ice using Bitter Winds. What boss exactly is one-shotting Atomic?
    • Like x 1
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

Except effective health is what determines whether you survive those block or die moments. An Atomic tank will have to have higher cr before it survive those than any of the other tanks, and even if the Atomic tank survives it will take much more damage which can lead to follow up kills.

You still have not provided any reasoning or support as to how the effective health imbalance doesn't exist. It exists, it is an imbalance, and it needs to be balanced.

You also have provided no reasoning or support as to how such a change would force players to turtle. There is no aspect of boosting effective health while blocking that requires an Atomic tank's survivability outside of block to be lessened, so there would be no reason to believe that not blocking would be made any weaker by such a change.
  10. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

For the people thinking I'm putting words in Spord's mouth here is exactly what he said so can we please use this as the point from which your feedback comes?

Thank you,

11. Absolix Loyal Player

The shield has a hit limit and a cooldown. Ice has several shields, so that one will always be off cooldown and they won't break early do to hit limit.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

Again no one is saying any differently. People want balance for tanks in the context of the block or die abilities as Atomic currently has significantly less effective health in that context.

There is nothing anyone is pushing for to say that people should have to block more.
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

If we're talking purely about one-shots, the 3-hit limit is irrelevant. The most dangerous boss to a tank I can think of is the Paradox Ravager, and even he only does 3 swipes.
    • Like x 1
  14. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Still waiting on that boss that is killing you through the oneshot.......we need to get that fixed for you so please share the details.
  15. spord Developer

Well I guess I asked for your thoughts. :eek: So much passion. Anyway, here is a very short sum up:

The reason the design is going around block is so we don't end up in a situation where Atomic becomes Rage without the drawback of crashing.

While a lot of you are trying to help with stopping the one shots I am currently trying to make just regular tanking of adds and a boss easier to do.

LT has the idea about why the numbers are what they are. I do expect a lot of comboing while tanking but know it can't be done all the time. That is why Proton Remedy is really good and you have Density to help as well.

As others have pointed out that the damage absorption is always better than increasing the Dom heal because it stops 10% of incoming damage from all attackers. And because of this reason and it's help with re-positioning I chose to add the 10% Damage Absorption to he Quark-Gluon Aura while not blocking. Hopefully it made the build for tonight.
    • Like x 8
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

That requires the tank to not pop it early and have it on cooldown, something Ice doesn't have to worry about, that the tank always times it perfectly around the one shot so that it doesn't break early, again Ice's shields don't do this, and it is also under the assumption that every Atomic tank will carry this in their loadout and makes it a requirement for Atomic tanks to carry a shield when the combo heals and aura are supposed to be the unique tanking mechanics.
  17. spord Developer

On a DPS note, I noticed that most rotations yesterday for mid and long range were using the clip 2nd combo method. Did anyone do same loadout with rotations using the clip 1st combo method?
    • Like x 1
  18. Anti Bezz New Player

Well if you just want more shields ask your healer or troll. Hope that helps.
  19. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

They don't have to and I will put this here again.

As it stands Atomic has the same effective health potential as a healer blocking with fortified block....if you are dying through the oneshot mechanic then your healer is as well which means everyone else is too......guess i don't see the issue.
  20. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Sounds good. Thanks for the change. It gives more survivability while comboing and further solidifies the idea that you want to be out of block unless it's absolutely necessary. Lastly, it puts some more emphasis on the Aura for tanking which was needed as well. Good change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.