Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I like this 10% absorption.
    Although I'm still concerned about the counters preventing heals from the countered combo. Is it something you're also looking at?
    I ask this because I can easily solo the new duo in tank stance, but I get countered a lot. Good thing these bosses have no spike damage.
    The raid though (which I haven't had the chance to tank yet) might put atomic tanks in a hery tough situation if they get countered and die when that 40%dom heal could have saved them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

So instead you want to force others to play actively like you want to do? Kind of being a hypocrite don't you think? You do realise that you can still be an active Tank while allowing those that don't want to be active also have fun with Atomic? I mean you could be a Rage Tank at this moment and actively attacking if you wanted to as well. Being able to block and survive takes nothing away from this experience at all.

BTW if you haven't noticed by the various likes and comments beyond the last 5 pages there are many other people that have made similar comments in regards to effective Health.
    • Like x 1
  3. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

LMFAO no you have 4 other powers you can play how you want.......again move on. You are set in your ways, I'm set in mine. No matter what you say I'm not going to agree with you sorry. If you really need everyone to "like" your comments you have a problem. For the last time move on.
    • Like x 3
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That doesn't change the feedback or the yet unanswered questions I asked. If you have nothing else to say other than "just because" then you should take your own advice.

I could care less and you missed the entire point. The point was there is more than just what you see in plain text. If I were a player that had to play 1 powerset and 1 powerset only why should I not be able to do so in every situation? In that situation I could care less if there are 4 other powersets.

None of what you stated deters from your ability to not be able to Tank without blocking. At this point you are just wanting to say "No!" for the heck of it. So again you should take your own advice.
    • Like x 1
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Don't talk for Spord. You aren't him. I distinctly remember him mentioning only blocking for countering and one shots in the preview livestream, and the one shot issue is what is being discussed. Frankly just let Spord talk for himself. If you need to discuss your position do so with support, logic, and reasoning, not by trying to name drop a dev.
    • Like x 3
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Did you survive the oneshot while blocking? Yes then it's working as intended. I wasn't speaking for him I was reiterating what he already said. Take it to PMS if you have a problem with me and quite diluting the thread.
    • Like x 1
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Don't turn atomic into aturtle
    • Like x 5
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yeah, it's better because it's a passive effect. I have some worries about it tho. Besides having to read the tool-tip how does one know exactly that the 10% is only active out-of-block? It's not a visual thing we can see, and it's not an intuitive thing because people will want to block out of instinct. I feel like most people won't even know the 10% effect is there, or they'll be inadvertently negating it because they'll get scared at some point and want to block.

Bigger heal #'s on the other hand is something everyone can see and appreciate.

Proactive vs reactive aside, the biggest advantage I see with the 10% absorption is it gives Atomic a larger effective health pool out-of-block, which would in theory help prevent these one-shot scenarios people are afraid of. I'm not entirely convinced that being one-shot is going to be a problem though.

Perhaps if someone could name a specific boss that would one-shot an Atomic tank (maybe even make a recording of it) then I'd be convinced. And if there is such a scenario, would Atomic still be one-shot if it simply casted Density and blocked? I highly doubt it.
  9. tinoman Dedicated Player

i think people are mostly talking about future elite bosses and higher level bosses in future survival modes.
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Why? What is so toxic about it? What is so wrong with the option to either block or actively attack? That is what Rage is and I know players that love Rage how it is as they have the choice depending on any imaginable situation. Being able to block and survive when needed/desired takes absolutely nothing away from being able to actively attack and survive other than bringing in more potential players that like Atomic for other reasons (its visual effects, its Damage side, its good mash of various Tank mechanics, etc.). Is bringing in more players the threat here? I would hope not.

(Rage has its cons only because of wonky scaling. Atomic would scale the same in situations Rage does not.)
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If all we are doing is doing our combos for the heals during boss fights with adds and getting into block as fast as we can to survive and only coming out of block to combo/pull/counter..that's basically an earth aftershock tank but with heals

I thought the concept was to be active most the time and only blocking when necessary (one shots)

I agree blocking through one shots should keep atomic alive

But I don't want this powerset to be another turtle tank it needs to be able to survive out of block comboing the majority of the time should be the goal ... I really don't understand the arguments going on here I think we al knew this tank was supposed to be more a tive then the other tanks spord was pretty clear about that ....

Is the worry that it will be more attractive then the other tanks?

Being more active doesn't make the other tanks less effective ...

This power just needs to be as effective and sustainable while being active as those other power sets are while blocking

If the worry is pvp then have no fear as they wont make this powerset ant more tanky in pvp as the other powers

Again I do t get the arguments I suppose
    • Like x 2
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Honestly, all this talk has me wanting the other tanks revamped. Why should there only be one tank that can reliably mitigate while standing?
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That's what I've been wondering for a long time
    • Like x 2
  14. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

They should be. Tanking in this game is a bore.
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree that's why I don't choose to use ice to me ice is simply the most boring tank

Earth for me felt more active and wasn't easy mode I had to be on my game to aftershock tank but blocking mist the time was a huge draw back I wanna feel like superman and not curl up in a ball

It's definitely time to revisit tanking after all these dps updates are done and make it less turtle I'm not asking to up the damage I just want it to be more toe to toe then it is now
    Making all the tanks active would make more people enjoy tanking
    • Like x 2
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

The issue with what some are proposing is that some things like a mitigation change would make blocking weaker than not blocking. Its fine to only have to block at very particular moments, but some of the proposed changes would make ignoring blocking completely the best option.

No one is attempting to force Atomic to block beyond those same situations you described, countering and one shots, just trying to avoid the opposite end of the spectrum where blocking is ignored completely.

The issue is just to give Atomic a similar effective health while blocking to other tanks. There hasn't been a push for it to be any less durable outside of blocking. The healing boosts Spord brought up would actually make it more durable outside of block without making useless like some of the other mitigation suggestions.
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And in the reverse why should Atomic be the only Tank that is effective only when standing/not blocking?

Sure some can say that and it is valid feedback but like I was trying to convey is that some players may also like having the security to just block. Why should that be denied if, in the reverse, there are players that want to Tank while not blocking? Why should there be a divide other than "just because?"
    • Like x 1
  18. DC-9xlives Developer

I made some changes to the SFX that will probably miss our next PC-Test build. You should hear them in the following build.
    • Like x 4
  19. Anti Bezz New Player

All tanks are different, so why make them all the same. Makes zero sense honestly.
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Be careful how you define that though. You can easily have a string of attacks within a couple of seconds that have the same effect. Also any changes to allow for this to be the case also strengthen the passive effect to staying in block. So any solution opens up the possibility to only block but not a requirement. You can easily alleviate the damage in question while maintaining equal survivability while not blocking. All strengthening effective Health while blocking does is bring in more players that like that playstyles. It takes nothing away from a playstyle involving not blocking or mixture of the two.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.