atomic animations and power in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ApolloMystique, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ApolloMystique New Player

came from quitti...well...im on a hiatus from the game...heard about atomic...checked it out...highly disappointed...

1. the power animations are dull, character animations are old, and among the worst ones, and the powers are unimaginative.

2. highlights: the aura is cool...the dot that creates an atomic orb looks cool...have no idea why it is not part of the AM...and the tank pull is cool...everything else is lackluster...

3. ppl will attack me for my opinion, but im just stating how i feel...
  2. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

What, did you expect atomic to create nuclear explosions the size of Metropolis?
    • Like x 1
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

When they shown me it - l was about to like it, but now l still realized that l'm not pleased with it after all. Some things look cool, even some orange things look cool (just like those Atom-Powered Assault hand surroundings, they resemble me li'l sun). But other things don't. While performing melee combos it constantly shown dark-red spots on ground, that looks like stains of clotted blood. And they justify it powerset is based on Firestorm. Does Firestorm have blood powers? Thermonuclear Explosion looks like fountain of lava, but it not supposed to be lava powers as well. Again, hand blaster looks just ugly at several abilities, that dirt-brown tint's just displeasing (orange+black=brown). Devs just recolored to red things, those were supposed to be green from very beginning. Probably being dark-yellow-green those effects would look way better.
    l still wish original figuration for it after all.
    • Like x 5
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I love Atomic. I'm contemplating raising an Atomic alt, because I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far. The effects and sounds especially are incredible, I think.

My favourite colour is lime green, so I'm highly disappointed it isn't lime green. I was also looking forward to Serums. 2 huge kicks in the bollocks. But still, very impressed with what they've done and even more so impressed with the fact that powers were done and these only exist because of system optimisation. I was expecting generic, crappy visuals that basically said "yeah... well we don't have the resources".
    • Like x 2
  5. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Ok
    • Like x 3
  6. Veritasum Loyal Player

I like atomic. Very nice visuals and sounds. I think they did more with less.

Anyway, you don't have to switch to it, but chances are you will be surronuded by it everywhere you go once it goes live. So enjoy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

ok.
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Don't forget to buy your Torikumu Branded Iodine Pills, for when this update goes live :)
    • Like x 2
  9. ApolloMystique New Player

so u try to discredit my opinion by going to an extreme? makes sense...
  10. ApolloMystique New Player

thats what i feel like we have gotten
  11. Nek0 Rey New Player

The moves your character makes aren't anything new, or great really, but the power animations them self look really cool!
    • Like x 1
  12. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Nah I was just trying to be satrical and Funny, I am just a bit underwhelmed by Atomic too, but I'll accept it regardless because hey it looks cool
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It's one of the most complex powers in the game, I'm not sure how you can say it's unimaginative.
  14. Nek0 Rey New Player

I for one like the complexity of it. I made a tank power that is in my sig, and the tanking side is kinda complex. I want more stuff like that. Maybe we can finally have a different style of controller too.
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

I strongly disagree especially after munitions, artomic looks 10/10 visually
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

lol, that would have been awesome.
    Think pvp phase metropolis.
    One shotting every player of the opposing faction in entire metro. :D

btw on topic:
    I think the visual power effects are surprisingly creative for this dev team, and probably it's because it's new, but I think they are the best in the game. Just the character animations...meh...the old stuff rehashed, as they always do...
    • Like x 1
  17. megamanzero Loyal Player

i thought the aura was part of the AM..if it's not then i'm more excited because i thought the aura was the worst part.
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

What's your concept for Atomic visuals? Personally, I think they got it. Even incorporating the Radiation warning symbol. But what do you visualise Atomic as being?
  19. ApolloMystique New Player

regarding the power animations...they lack creativity...
  20. The Quickster Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1