Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

The new Atomic power set is ready to be tested. The main mechanic involves using super powers that grant you Nuclear Pressure stacks. You can then regulate that built up pressure with Molecular Charges by using the Atomic Combos. With enough of pressure and charges you will activate your Quark-Gluon Aura, allowing you to heal more, damage harder, and counter attack with Atomic Combos. You can also choose to skip the combos and funnel your built up Nuclear Pressure into a high damage move with Geiger Beam or Geiger Blast.

Have fun testing and let us know what you think in this thread.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

If players report their best Melee, Midrange and Range 10s parses on the three league hall sparring targets using the CR 126 Live Spec then I will aggregate the results across the powersets.
    • Like x 4
  3. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Is the QG Aura meant to stay after death ?
  4. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Is the test server open to everyone right now or the fact that I'm able to post in here is a bug?
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It's open to everyone
    • Like x 2
  6. spord Developer

No it is not supposed to stay after death.
  7. spord Developer

Thanks Sore.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i didn't see this thread here when i posted, had a problem with the power regenration by the time i got in my aura i was almost out of power

i was hitting the combos correctly but when i turn my aura on i was able to activate maybe two power then my power was gone.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

So I'm really liking the powerset so far.
    But I have a question, when I'm doing combos and I have the Quark-Gluon Aura, If I try to use the Execute for 35% health and below It will take out imideately my aura. I understand that it's reasonable since Geiger Beam it's part of the 2nd AM.
    But In that case it means that the 35% health effect that Geiger Beam has only works for people using Weapon mastery?
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Nvm not having a problem anymore guess i screwed up my loadout somewhere.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

But i am having a problem with the weapons sometimes they are canceling out my combos.
  12. spord Developer

The AM damage is higher than the 35% health effect anyway. It is like that in all power sets.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Can you change that, in all powersets?
    A little more damage on the second tick would make finishers usable again :). They are very conditional, interuptable and take long to execute after all.
    • Like x 1
  14. spord Developer

We are increasing them in all power sets actually but not higher than the AM. Celestial and Atomic already have the new damage.
    • Like x 1
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's what I meant. Great!
  16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Ok, thanks for your answer, that makes sense :)

I have couple Questions Regarding the Tank side.
    The 2% Heal from each attack we do while the Aura is active, is based out of resto?

Because I thought that the best order for specing, would be dom->health->critical healing.

Also from what I saw, in Tank role, all you need to keep the Aura going on, it's 2 powers right?

And as a small bug, when using Density, or the Supercharge, the Symbols on the chest styles sometimes turn into like a plain Stone tablet
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This will be my first time performing this test. What are you looking for with regards to samples.

Should I do ten 10s rotations at each range ?
    • Like x 2
  18. tinoman Dedicated Player

Can you link me to the 126 spec sore ?
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Targets:
    Short: 35500
    Mid: 30000
    Long: 25500

CR126 (live tests):

Precision Tester
    Might: 8951
    Precision: 4887
    Wpn: 5806
    TotalWpn: 10693

Might Tester
    Might: 10423
    Precision: 3380
    Wpn: 5806
    TotalWpn: 9186

Here's a video tour of the precision spec if it gives you an idea how to build the might spec.
    • Like x 4
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

Ideally eighteen 10s parses (3 minutes) but I'll admit to cutting mine short to like 10-14 parses. The result should look something like this except you don't need to test baseline or other modding profiles. CR126 Live (Might) is all you'd need results for.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tric-a-why-try-dps.259700/page-3#post-3440484
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.