Conspiracy theory about Atomic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hemmy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Hemmy Committed Player

Here's my rational for this assumption:

1. The final steps for atomic are being taken to allow for testing as shown in this tweet from NerdofPrey

2. People will want to buy power respec tokens in anticipation, after seeing (certainly amazing) gameplay, so in order to make more people spend money, they had this %50 off sale. This makes people spend their loyalty points or MC cash and therefor, once they see game play, have to spend ever more. I'm not criticizing this, it makes good business sense, as we get a sale out of it!

3. There will be a random let's play of the new content tomorrow (thursday 10/1/15 for those in the future) and since the final testing of the power happened today (wednesday) they would probably want to show it off as quickly as possible.

4. According to Mepps in this thread, test server will be free to access for this weekend, allowing people to get a taste for atomic before it goes live, and making those involved all the more pumped to get this on their actual characters.

What do you guys think? Is this a reasonable assumption? Are you guys as excited as I am?!
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's possible but I think the main reason why it's getting free access is due to getting as much people in to test the cross faction stuff. However....if the test server goes down again before then....

(p.s you may get alot of heat for that misleading title).
    • Like x 5
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Misleading title >:[
    • Like x 6
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Reaching
    • Like x 6
  5. Controller Devoted Player

This is good news.

I was hoping that we'd have this available by Thanksgiving or Christmas, at the earliest.

Now? Looks like it "could" be available by the time the next DLC drops, or soon after. Just my guess.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

Keep in mind this isn't "news" it's an assumption I made. By no means should anyone take it as fact. Just to make that clear I try to put the word "assumption" as close as I could at the front of the post.
    • Like x 1
  7. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Click bait >.>
    • Like x 5
  8. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Conclusions are being jumped to.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No, you posted it as if it were a matter of fact which is trolling 101. This is your title as I copied and pasted it:

That is called misleading and you did it just so people would open up your thread. You are a troll if there ever was one.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

Isn't the point of making a title to have people be interested in the content? You've just described the entire ideology behind newspapers, youtube thumbnails, etc. Anything which needs people to be interested is "click bait"
  11. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Gr8 B8 M8
    • Like x 2
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

So to you misleading potential readers is ethical? Newspapers who do this lose credibility, and readers, quickly. Also, show me your credentials as a legit journalist and we'll talk. Otherwise, you're a troll.
    • Like x 3
  13. Hemmy Committed Player

I never said I was a journalist o_O

I never said it was ethical. I know it wasn't. So do the newspapers. So do the movies that come up with a catchy title. If mission impossible was called "Mission which is not very likely, but succeeds nonetheless" it would get far less of an audience.

I know it was click bait. What I'm confused about it why people seem to take offence to it. So you wasted a whole... 5, MAYBE 10 seconds of your time. Instead of taking the time to write a response about being offended maybe just waste a little less of your time if it's so precious and just, I don't know... leave?

BTW I'm not going to respond to you in this thread after this. Not because your points aren't valid, but because I really don't want to waste my time with it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

The reach in this thread is Plastic Man approved.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That would be sweet.

BTW, yes it was misleading, but not anywhere near as misleading as a thread I saw like two years ago titled "deathmike does Supergirl" (or maybe it wasn't deathmike, not the point). I DID NOT expect to see a solo mission video when I opened that thread lol.
    • Like x 3
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

That is incredible reach my friend. I really hope so though. I know several players that will be new tanks just because of atomic, and I am pretty sure there are plenty more that will be tanks too.
    • Like x 2
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm going to do you one better. I'm just going to ignore your trolling behind.
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

Honestly, my guess is that your #4 is the reason they'll delay putting Atomic up until Monday or Tuesday. If they delay it, people may buy PC subscriptions just to get on test to try it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

I'm guessing it will be on test by next weekend.

Buzzfeed-approved thread title.
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

Looks like Mepps didn't like the title. :p
    • Like x 3