[Idea] Memory Lane Weekend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritasum, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

I've posted this in a few other threads, but am making my own thread because I'm liking the idea the more I think about it. If someone else has posted this before, I apologize. I am not plagiarizing.

I think it's fair to say DCUO has created a vast and varied universe with lots of maps, characters and instances. I understand many would disagree with this, but I think that is primarily due to short term memory and/or hateritis. There is also an overwhelming focus on end game content, whether it's dev driven or player driven (probably both).

LPvE has brought many of us to revisit some old maps in a new way (super easy mode). Why not do the same for those maps but in at level mode?

I know many hate the word, but basically stat clamp older maps. But not all in one fell swoop as that is likely not even possible. But bring them in at the same pace or slightly different pace that the LPvE maps are being re-used. DCUO has a lot of good content that people forget or skip.

Bring them back one by one at a stat clamp level and have them give rewards that are relevant to the end game progress whether it's a mark based system or a loot drop based system.

And just like LPvE weekends, when we have enough maps on hand, we can have Memory Lane Weekend where 2 of the maps will be available. Running those seasonal type instances will be 1-2 additional pieces of content available to the end game. And if you happen to be at the level of said raid/alert, then just run it. Obviously, depending on the reward system loot/marks will be appropriately distributed.

This won't be for all, but I think it would be of use for enough of the population.
    • Like x 4
  2. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I like it. I run old stuff all the time. It's some of the best content in game.
    • Like x 2
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

I like the idea but the adjusting the loot table to CR relevant rewards would likely be difficult. Instead I would say if you are out of the CR band have the loot box at the end just have the content appropriate marks as a select able reward.

It would be a great way to help players get enough demand to circle back to instances that are hard to get a group together for let alone cold queue for.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dibrie Committed Player

Hi there, :)

I like the idea very much, but the money is at endgame, why not take your idea , but instead of clamping buff them till highst current suggested CR.

Memory Lane Endgame, I would rock it.
    I dont want to hijack your idea , but i like to think with people, so what do you think about my twist of your Memery Lane idea

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  5. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Survival Alerts!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Dibrie Committed Player

holy sweet mother of tjeeezus why i didnt came up with that !!!!!

Sign me up
    Greetz
    • Like x 2
  7. Veritasum Loyal Player

Yes, that would be great. I guess I suggest stat clamped keeping in mind that there is a segment of the population that is at those CRs. So that way, there wouldn't be exclusion per say that some take personally. At level, it should still prove challenging. But if we were to get buff, then buff it is.
  8. Dibrie Committed Player

To be fair i didnt thought a bout that, but i think end-game alway's have a lack of content seeing tiers shifting.
    If DBG have event's like your idea as in Memory Endgame, Survival Mode, with the current tier endgame.

We might have enough to please the majority of the playerbase,

what you think? :),

Did you seen the vid about this subject iv posted a view times ?
    • Like x 2
  9. Veritasum Loyal Player

I think enough people would enjoy this. There will be people who will feel they don't want to struggle in instances that they've beaten hundreds of times, but I think it would fun for enough of us.

And I do not recall your posts on the subject. If you have a link, I'll be happy to look at it.
    • Like x 1