Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I agree when I think of Atomic I think of green as well besides the orange looks too much like fire.
    • Like x 2
  2. Controller Devoted Player

"IF" They do him (or HER, since I believe a NU52 version of Firestorm is a woman) correctly, then their powers should be AWESOME.

[IMG]

Patterned after Captain Atom to some degree, BUT Firestorm was able to manipulate matter, as well as direct fire and energy out of his/her being.

Should make for some VERY INTERESTING tanking mechanics.

3. Xibo Loyal Player

R.I.P. Orange lantern power.
    • Like x 1
  4. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Devs seriously should overthink their decision with no green option lMO. Way too many players still want green.
    • Like x 1
  5. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Yeah, Devs, or rather Devs you should do something with that, we can't leave it as it decided. Still many people wanting Atomic to have green tint, just like all those NPC. Why would they have it, while we wouldn't?
    • Like x 3
  6. Pults Loyal Player

It's going to be purple.
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The only reason why people are wanting Green for Atomic is because they are thinking of Bruce Banner (and that was Gamma Radiation)
    • Like x 1
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

And if they had made it green, there would likely be just as many people complaining that it wasn't orange. I'd suggest you find something else to channel your passion on, as this ship looks to have sailed.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Probably already been said, but...

Orange & Green, akin to celestial's purple and black.

Make the devs and the players happy.
    • Like x 3
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

So, Atomic's color decided to be yellow-orange since this power is Firestorm-based. But great part of community, all but majority already tuned & still wanting it to be NPC-similar yellow-green Atomic powers. & that's right, because lethal, ionizing radiation exposure almost always associated to such sick-greenish tint, so does radioactive waste. That's myth, but it has kernel of truth behind it - a uranium glass (glows with green under UV rays). While orange radiation color is associated to fire, heated materials, generally high temperatures.

So that would justify to see ORANGE radiation for Heroes. They usually don't kill, so are trying to not damage their target severely (but knock out & drive them outta fight instead) & thus emit non-lethal radiation (such as in thermal, microwave forms etc). While Villains wouldn't hesitate with means they use, so they would emit lethal ionizing radiation, whose color will be GREEN. A fortiori 95% of greenish Atomic NPC's in game (such as OMACs, Morrowbots, Uranium Chemoids) are villainous.

Under that Atomic Skull (which color is green) might be chosen as Villain inspiration for Atomic powerset (as most notorious Atomic villain), while Firestorm will be inspiration for heroes. It devs aren't going to recolor all Atomic NPC to orange prior to release power, l generally find idea of faction-depending color for thar power a great compromise, that will satisfy majority of game community. Just like hard light controllers & celestial healers have different color at each faction, so would Atomic Tanks. More diversity is always great.
    • Like x 2
  11. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l support faction-depending color for Atomic power too, that'll make me happy.
  12. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Seriously, ppl in other games debate about power colors just like here? I knew atomic must be Orange since the day Spytle said that it's will be inspired by Firestorm, so obvious but still someone must have some silly hopes and rage now geez, pretty sure Serums will be kinda green so it's good. This is DC and atomic is Orange.
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You mean orange wasn't chosen because it's the colour most associated with Atomic or Nuclear warning symbols? o_O

Green is Toxic (Mr Yuck!)
  14. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

I know you were joking. Just never heard that one before. XD
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

From the game's inception, Atomic has been green/black. The OMACs, the atomic Morrow bots, as well as several other NPCs in the game since the beginning used powers with that color palette. THAT is the atomic people have been asking for for years. Firestorm did not enter the picture and ruin things until he appeared in The Flash and triggered massive fanboyism. I'm willing to bet DC themselves had a hand in the change, too.
    • Like x 2
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Still looking for the orange...
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Orange yellow, have never seen a green radiation warning propeller before
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

The vast majority are yellow and black. I just posted that green one because it showed up in my search. To be fair there were a couple of orange ones, too, but not as many as the green and yellow ones.
    • Like x 2
  19. Delta795 New Player

Can we stop with the Atomic color should be threads?
    Pretty please with sugar on top
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkAya Dedicated Player

You're talking about Radiation Manipulation (green makes sense), and this power is gonna be about Nuclear Manipulation since it was announced. I don't mind few green animations (even Fire has one) but 80% of its powers should stay orange.
    • Like x 1