Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

when Munitions was announced as green, I knew Atomic had to be something other green. We only have two powers that are red based even though there are tinges of orange to fire and some red elements to Sorcery. In terms of ability trays there us no full orange. I expect it could have a little yellow to the icons as well since the yellowish ability trays are faction specific.

If/when Serums comes out, I expect it to be green. The concern I have is with water having another possible blue/white combination.
    • Like x 3
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

That could have made it the go to "Physical" powerset ;)
  3. Veritasum Loyal Player

Interesting observation. Now I'm debating in my head about that. Thanks.
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

I think maybe he means platanos.
    • Like x 1
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

obviously because serums was green. But seriously, its not like the game would have had tons of new tank players if it was green.
    • Like x 2
  6. Veritasum Loyal Player

I guess I better hurry up and get my Earth tank up to end game and practice tanking. Repec token coming up. Not so much because I'm team X color or anything, but the concept of the power as tank seems pretty cool to me. Healer would be cool too, but either way, it;s a new shiny.
    • Like x 1
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Rage has nothing to do with fire. Rage is just part of Lantern powers with HL. I say Atomic will be Fire 2.0. I think.
    • Like x 1
  8. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

As for your there is no stars that are green in color that is not entirely correct. Our very own sun has green to it but we see the yellow first and it blocks out the green radiation but its there. Not in a high volume, there are a few green like sun or stars but mixed in with other colors...mainly if you see a blue yellow purple or white star there is green in it.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeadSteel Active Player

I honestly hope that atomic is green for everyone, not just villains, I'm still kinda upset the power is going to be tank instead of healing, but then giving it an orange based color scheme? I don't care how the powers look or work atomic will just be an alternate style of fire, plus, I am really looking forward to making fire flower Luigi with green flames. But if they do make it orange maybe just maybe eventually they will make power reskins, style items that change the colors of your powers as well as a few of the sfx, like making hard light into the opposite factions or another cores color, make fire and lightning blue or something. just a thought.
  10. Pults Loyal Player

The only thing I don't get is why the bubbling is aligned to the crotch and not chest and the blue "Weapon Mastery-esque" nimbus seems out of place.
  11. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Gravity stretches light, therefore changing it's color from violet do red.
    Between the different methods scientists use to measure the distance between us and other stars, one is the color of the star. That's also the reason why we see black holes as a black circle in space instead of just a distorption in the view.
    The thing is, colors can change, it's doesn't stay the same forever, it's just how short or long the wave lengths. I just like orange because green looks like poison/toxic in my opinion and orange reminds me of atomic explosions and stuff like that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Because orange,is the,new black
    • Like x 2
  13. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Why isn't munition's color orange, I actually complained about that way before it was announced, neither artillery nor bullets explode light green man.
    Devs, now we have people upset about colors, if only you could give us the option to change these at will, even if it is from a preset of colors, we could both benefit from it, us with satisfaction and keeping the game alive and well, and well, that benefits you guys too, not to mention that you can also profit from it with micro transactions, but the most important thing is that its been too long, there is too many colors, and we are overdue a color change option for our powers. Come on devs, take this opportunity while you can.

Its the best solution to a growing problem, if you don't do something about it there is people who won't even touch this new powerset.
  14. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

Celestial was sorcery 2.0
    Munitions was gadgets 2.0
    Rage was hard light 1.5 actually ( power needs to b reworked when compared to hl)
    Quantum was mental 2.0

I think they went orange due to future powers that might come out with like wind or serums (which could also b different shades of green)
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well those animations we saw in game that were green were obviously serums and not atomic.
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You'll have to forgive me, I DID write that post shortly after waking up and just before heading out to work, so that bit of info may have slipped my mind at the time. :oops:

And I'm not incoherent, I'm just selectively understandable. :D
    • Like x 1
  18. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I've never seen an atomic bomb go off, but I'm pretty sure they aren't green when they do Lmao.
    • Like x 5
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That a I action has nothing to do with healing you're stretching and grasping at straws you are zero clue if it's gonna be a healing tank ...I'm not saying it won't be I'm saying none if yes kniw

That animation is used for

Tectonic break - mifpdrangevdanage/pi spreader
    Bitter winds - shield/dot
    Voltaic bolt - straight damage no other use
    Mass terror - damage only

And many more that have nothing to do with healing quantum uses it as a pi spreader and I believe an encasement

You're talking about the little hop he's doing right not the actual irange animations? Cause tif you're talking about the orange animations tell me which power in game uses that same animation lol
    • Like x 2
  20. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yeah, Atoms that collide at superspeed, I'm guessing the explosion will be like any nuclear bombs, orange like fire.

[IMG]
    That's a real Atomic bomb. No green there. lol
    http://www.wired.com/2010/02/0201ktla-atomic-test/

I'm starting to have interest in Atomic. I mean if there's a power that make an atomic bomb, OMG.
    Well, I guess it will be worse than earth, people will be blind. lol But I hope it will be like a superpower. Imagine to throw an atomic bomb and it looks like on the picture on the boss! :eek: :D
    Not getting my hopes too high but I'm sure the animations will look awesome, as we saw on the gif.