Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

Atomic as a powerset is inspired by Firestorm; whichever villain is selected to be the "inspired by" character on the select screen is irrelevant. Like, I think Superman is the Ice hero. Means nothing.
    Atomic is based on Firestorm, not Atomic Skull, so it doesn't really matter what color he is. Besides, I know everyone thinks of green when they think of Atomic but that doesn't really make any sense. Stars create nuclear radiation but there are no green stars.
    • Like x 4
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I hope this increase the tank population. lol

All these ice dps who don't tank smh.
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Atomic Skull has been shown as both green and purple. Neutron's color scheme is usually red/orange/gold.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Yes! I wanted orange I cant believe it. I need the power now.
    Also the Kirby dots FX is so sweet!
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Developers, as many people have been waiting years, how can you justify giving us all Atomic as a completely new colour and animation to the original one that's been ingame since beta, probably alpha?

3 years, 3 YEARS I’ve been waiting some even longer, hundreds to get our hands on those Green/Black particle animations, and you knocked it over. So we have to continue playing the game fighting Omacs, playing HoP content etc, only to sigh in annoyance and disappointment that we didn't get the Green/Black version all the time? So what exactly is going to happen to the colours/animations of the Mutants, Omacs, Necropolis Artifact, General Kraze, Metalo, etc and the recent Radiation Anomalies you placed in New Genesis? We can’t play those colours/animations ever most likely; you might as well change them to the “new” orange.

You based it on Firestorm yes, but you also said kinda at 26:30 on the SOE Live 2014 stream. Even though it’s a tank power now, there was no confirmation that it was totally based on him. There are many versions of Atomic, including classic Atomic Skull who you could have also included in basing it on, as he matches the already ingame version.

You also had an option to make Faction exclusive colours that would've at least made an even bigger majority of us happy. Atomic could’ve been the first faction exclusive coloured tank power like HL and Celestial. Fire may have different animations, but it's orange also... 2 Orange self heal, radiation based Tanks? Really?
    It's "obviously" to late to change the colour now, but at least please consider making the Green/Black Particle variant for sale on the MP in the future.

Having been excited for a whole year waiting for Atomic finally, only to be put down. It’s disappointing with all the threads before and after August 2014 that you have come to this end. The community was fairly balanced between Green/Black and Orange colours also. I also used all my ingame cash last month to get the Green plasmic aura, what a waste.

Which leads me to my last point. In a thread Spytle mentioned the joke, “Knock Knock, Who’s there? Banana!” But if you research the joke further on google it ends in Orange slightly mocking Banana. A Bananas average colour is Greenish/Yellow with Black spots… Sounds like the Original Atomic to me. But you only mentioned the Banana part, which gave many of us the impression that you were going to release it as the original colour or Faction based with the fresh orange. Obviously you went with the left out Orange mocking the Banana part.

This maybe a rant or a whine, but it is truth, so many of us have been excited, and are now put off. I’m not having a stab at the Orange community.

Not one bit happy Developers in this case, and I hope you reconsider more options in the future; I want my green/yellow and black particle Atomic back.
    • Like x 11
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Could be orange for Heroes.... and g reen for Villains????:confused:
    • Like x 1
  7. Prosser Dedicated Player

I wanted Blue, and now my dreams are crushed. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Easy solution. Power color changes tokens.
    • Like x 6
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

This part, if satire, is pure gold.
    • Like x 8
  10. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Atomic skull and black/green would work so well with villains
    I'm wondering why they didn't do that, such a waste of potential
  11. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

If your banana looks like the current in-game atomic animations, you need a new banana o_O
    • Like x 22
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

I don't give a rat's furry backside what color comic character #596436 is. The look I wanted is what I've seen used against my toons by multiple NPCs, all labeled Atomic, since I first started playing this game. That's why I was excited by the announcement. I thought I was finally going to get my wish. I know I'm not alone, either.

Sadly, it is not to be. But enough of the sappy Dear Diary crap. The teaser looks nice but it is nothing like I wanted. I'll pass, thanks.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

So... displeasure based on an arbitrary thing like color.
    Way to Trump it up.
    • Like x 7
  14. Radium Devoted Player

I know! That was the legit funniest part of all this.
    • Like x 8
  15. Jak-Man Committed Player

Lol didn't this thread get locked?
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

If it's orange I'm not taking it. When they did the radiation anomalies in New Genesis and walked through one, I was super excited for it. Now I'm just disappointed.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

What are holier than thou colors? What does that mean? Celestial's Cursed and Blessed trees make sense for their color scheme; having Atomic be green is based on a silly stereotype that has more to do with public perception than reality.
    • Like x 6
  18. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

If you can see I edited my comment. If you were typing while I edited it I am sorry
  19. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Funny how many of you are mocking one of my paragraphs. So many of us, even some of my friends ingame definitely thought it was going to be the original colour since that joke was mentioned. I never heard of that joke before.
    • Like x 1
  20. Prosser Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 10