Special Feat - 100 Hours on Steam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShazamFan2014, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I just reached 100 hours of gameplay as a special achievement on the Steam app. Did you guys do that, yet?

[IMG]
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Congratulations.
    Im not using steam anymore, but got around 2500 hours.
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

I still don't fully understand what the hell Steam is. Lol. It's a way to download games right? What benefits does it have vs just downloading this game au naturel?
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I can guesstimate I have about 4,500 hrs into this game as if today. That's being modest too.
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Steam - is where I got most of the deal on DCUO, I think I paid 25% of the true price of the DLCs 1 to 10 back then. I don't understand it myself and I think it actually makes it difficult to deal when it comes to transactions.
  6. inferno Loyal Player

I was gonna type a "naked" joke but i was able to stop myself.
    • Like x 1
  7. Radium Devoted Player

Steam gives a wider distribution platform with a large base. Thats pretty well the main reason games go on their.
    • Like x 1
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

So, it kina a form of advertising then? Games get more noticed?
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Steam allows you to have your entire PC gaming library under one roof. If you ever decide to switch PCs and worry about installing games with disc, this is your home. Keeps everything for you in your Library installed or even uninstalled. Whatever you purchased its there waiting for you. Very handy service :) Oh and they have great deals....like skipping house payment deals lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Pretty much, its just like your PSN or X-Box store except they're a third party . Everything runs, installs, updates and can be purchased from one spot.
    Add in the massive install base that Steam has and its a no brainer to put your game up there.
    • Like x 2
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

12. Giant Enemy Crab Level 30

Without going into a giant explanation. Let's just say it's not uncommon to hear from devs of games the following: "I've had more sales Day 1 on Steam, then the combined first 6 months of release."

If you have a PC game, you want it on Steam since you will get the most views. Also, for more niche / or riskier titles such as JRPGs from more unknown companies, Japanese devs have said Steam has given their games not only stronger sales then their console counterparts, but Steam games have a stronger lifetime sales ratio then consoles versions. So.. yeah it's a platform that's more willing and easier to get success with titles that might not have as much of an audience as well.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Episodes are 13,5 % cheaper on Steam for Europeans - and that's with no special sale at all.
    • Like x 1
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

OMG.

They're so cute when they're young. 8476. Just on DCUO. Awe gawd....... I didn't need to know that number.
    • Like x 2
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

I was thinking the same thing.

Steam does not differentiate between actual game time and leaving the launchpad/char select screen running either. There's been many updates where I open launchpad to install a gu before I head off to work ;)
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

9452 hrs. Does not include USPC/PS activity nor test server activity or tons of hours I had to play on a different PC who had issues with the Steam client way back and I was using the normal launcher instead (roughly 2 months I used the game that way). Should be more around 15k hrs easily.