Lack of Riddler

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C3alix, Aug 4, 2015.

1. C3alix Committed Player

...why tho? :confused: It can't be THAT hard to implement him in this game. The one mission and the one box in the entire game really don't cut it. How about utilizing him similar to the HoF quest? Some quest could lead you through 2 different maps followed by a T3 duo in order to complete them. Of course styles and marks can be gained from completing them.

But seriously, why the lack of Riddler?
    • Like x 3
  2. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Riddler is retired per the mission you're speaking of. Also, he's sort of a bad knock-off of the Joker (I'm going to get flamed for that one).

How about the lack of Man-Bat, or Ragman, or Nightshade, or the TITANS East? Or Lobo? Or Constantine?

They have to get DC's consent to use their characters in certain ways. :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

With the exception of Man-Bat, I could go the entire game without seeing any of those guys. What I really want to know, though, is where are Maxima and The Atom?!?!?
  4. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

There are many characters in the DC Universe. Everybody wants something different. They can't please everybody.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ramonater New Player

maybe the devs have read the threads on the forums and realized this community is too stupid for the riddler lol :p
  6. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Everyone needs manbat...

[IMG]

... not the man-bat you were thinking? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Constantine makes an appearance in Sons of Trigon DLC.
  8. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I am aware - but Constantine makes even less of an appearance than the Riddler does. Thanks, though. :)
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

Ummmm how about the actual Joker.

One of the most epic characters in DC Lore has one yes only one appearance in any of the content, but yet we get Circe crammed down our throats at every turn.
  10. Pr0tojay Committed Player

With the exception of Lobo, ive never heard of any of those guys.
  11. C3alix Committed Player

***SHOT'S FIRED***

Riddler deserves to be the Jigsaw of DCUO. I want him to rip leagues apart.
  12. Aren Sul Committed Player

I would agree, as I've always liked the Riddler and loved the treatment DC gave him in last year's Batman Year Zero; however, as pointed out, in this DC universe, he's retired from crime. That doesn't mean he couldn't change - it's just that that would need a full story line.

I also agree that there are a lot of under-used (example: Constantine) or unused personalities (example: Man-bat/Kirk Langstrom) and I greedily want them all, but I realize that to keep story lines interesting there needs to be a strong focus on a limited set. What would be kind of interesting, now that DCUO is moving towards a more flexible story roll-out is to reflect current TV episode style.

They should have 1 or 2 overarching story lines that span multiple episodes and episodes with one-off focus. So you have a set of episodes like they have with War of the Rings and in the middle, say, Lobo comes to earth, Count Vertigo runs amok, etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

An episode on Riddler would definitely sell.+1
  14. Aren Sul Committed Player

I also want to clarify one point. When I say a one-off, the episode is actually a focus on that character. I know DCUO has given us side items like the Huntress solo, but I'm thinking an episode focused on that one hero or villain.
  15. YesMyCirce New Player

The Riddler is an important character in Gotham. He isn't just 'a character and that's all.

The lack of Riddler in this game, annoys me. A lot.
    • Like x 1
  16. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm all for having more Riddler in the game as long as it doesn't involve collecting 200 of his trophies scattered around the game.

I hate that part of that series.
  17. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i'd like to see an adaptation of "Gods of Gotham" for an episode or two could be fun.

you could follow the original story and say have the children of ares, eris, deimos and phobos seeking revenge on behalf of their defeated father ares. they possess three bat villains and adventures ensue.

The "solo" content could include having the three possessed villains as t8 open world bounties in Gotham (think minotaur/judge sized versions).

the duo could have one of ares kids as its end boss while the other two would be resserved for the 8 man instance.

with this as a spring board it wouldn't be much further to stretch the imagination and have riddler as one of the possessed villains: his alert could have us thrust into a little maze requiring us to solve some traps and puzzles to get ahead.

besides the seen little of in game riddler we could even extend this further to a couple of other villains and characters in the same boat: imagine a deimos possessed ambush bug or a eris driven brain and mr. mallah...
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'd like to see a raid that involves riddler penguin cat woman and joker all working together and we have to help batman and robin stop them...

FYI mark hamil and kebinconroy will be or are currently in a studio somewhere voicing their lines for the killing joke d PC animated adaptation... Strike now devs while they are recording
    • Like x 1
  19. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

If we could get a mission based on the '66 movie, I'm in!
    [IMG]