GU50, Tunso Testing, and Player Testing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sore, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sore Steadfast Player

Discuss...
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

did no one do live tests on Earth and Sorcery or were they left out of the graph?
    • Like x 1
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In Tunso Testing, an AM-only Dart+Intimidation loadout test gave 12.8k/s. 13k/s is right around where most other powersets are in range testing.

No other Ranged Weapon Mastery tests were run recorded Gadgets.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The testers' work here is outstanding, and we are continuing to dig into the data reported here, confirm, and look to causes and solutions.

Our focus in terms of data is to confirm on the standard tests (and why they differ from previous data), confirm the data on the live tests (and why different powers scale differently), and then move on to player perception and ideal conditions (the question of mid-range). This won't be a quick process, and we are grateful to the testers currently participating in the testing and in dialogue with us.
    • Like x 11
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Question mepps" when can we except too see the hotfix for hardlight Electric and nature some of my leagues mates have been wondering figure i ask here.
    • Like x 2
  6. Zhouz Well-Known Player

I ran the tests that are labeled "live" for quantum. off the top of my head i think it was
    Pre barrage with distortion wave for the first and every 3rd rotation,
    time bomb > warp barrage > tachyon blast > time shift for the rest.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Nobody has. You wanna? The idea here to pull back the curtains and invite everyone in. I wanted to really get to 100% coverage on Tunso Tests first because we MUST speak their language to ensure GU50 feedback doesn't happen again. But I do want full coverage on Live Tests too. And I'd love this to be an activity that the best and brightest for each powerset can contribute to. I didn't need 100% coverage on those to cast the invitation.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Best and brightest? Maybe I should defer, but I'll try.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

That's pretty good.

My main fear was that someone still stuck on repeating the preload Distortion Wave Time Bomb rotations over and over would do it. The jump from that to something like to what you did is where the biggest discretion as far as Dps seems to be for Quantum as far as I can tell.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok i know your probably sick of hearing this but the 10s parses are not a good way to test. Most powers use a 12s rotation so using 10s parses your data will always fluctuate. Using 30s is much more consistent and gives you the best possible results. Below im going to post 10s and 30s parses and you will be able to see the clear difference between the two. Why would you want to test something and work with inconsistencies and then try to average in that poor data??

10s Parses, You can see how inconsistent the numbers are cause you can't even get thorough a whole rotation
    [IMG]

30s parses, Now here you can see just about every parse is the same and its easy to pick the high, low and average.
    [IMG]

This is very easy stuff why try to complicate it by running 10s parses, you can't even get a whole rotation into a 10s parse and it makes no sense to me that someone would even try to gather good data doing so. The only thing a 10s parse should be used for is to test ramp up times thats it.

I really appreciate all the effort everyone has put in but a good standard in testing needs to be set and 10s parses are not the way to go.

I'm not gonna argue about this this i just my take on it. Lets just keep it simple here we are not building a spaceship.
    • Like x 2
  11. Zhouz Well-Known Player

we're averaging consecutive points for the 10s parses. about 30 points for all the tests i had any hand in. Which is the same as running 30 second parses for 10 consecutive points. And the part that goes into the graph? the average. So i dont see how that makes a world of a difference.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I get what your saying and i agree to a point, i just don't think 10s should be a standard for testing and why do all that other work when you can run 30s and see easy clear data? Another thing with 10s parses you will never know the true high and low of a power and those are things that need to be taken into consideration also. 30s parses just make it more simple why complicate it?
    • Like x 1
  13. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Tunso probably has some "colorful" words for you right about now. :)
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

And another thing, if your gonna set a standard for everyone to test by it needs to be simple. Not everyone can or wants to break out the calculator to figure out averages and other things especially when you can just run some 30s parses and come up with clear data with basically no need to do any math.
    • Like x 2
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. All that testing, results, and charts and your only feedback is about 10s samples? LMFAO!

I'll give you two reasons.
    1) https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/testing-tips-dos-and-donts.256329/
    2) I don't want to do a bunch of testing and have it ignored like GU50

You already know you're nitpicking. You've made your case twice now. It's got no traction either time. It's probably time to just let it go. It doesn't change a single graph. I expect all tests to do so one averages in the future. Eyeballing on-screen parses is a dead technique anyway.
    • Like x 7
  16. Zhouz Well-Known Player

"just run some parses and dont do any math" is exactly what is wrong with the arguments made by players too lazy to provide proper feedback and then wanting to feel hurt when they don't get taken seriously.

If someone wants to make an actual point about numbers, whether its that they're off or that they're good, there WILL be some math involved and nothing short of that will suffice.

And the standard is simple: provide sequential parses, the averaging can be handled by someone else if necessary.

Not getting an average and instead cherry picking one sample off the screen is wrong/incomplete data and needs to be avoided.

You mention getting high and low, and you mention using longer averages for the parser, so which is it that you want? Tuning the parser to a longer average like 30s will iron out your highs and lows til they mean nothing... using a lower interval is apparently not consistent enough for you. What exactly is your goal then?
    • Like x 1
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm not nitpicking and the method tunso suggested isn't a accurate way of testing. And what i said got no traction cause some people are stubborn and like to make things complicated. Your looking at it from the wrong perspective i guess...Why do so much work and math when you can get faster and better results with 30s parses. I'm tired of how long and drawn out everything always takes and how complicated some people make it. Then after all is said and done things are always still messed up. I don't even know why i try to contribute cause all people here do is make things harder when its sooooo simple. The funny thing is people like me always end up being right in the end after its all said and done but no one ever listens to us at the beginning when it matters. I guess just keep doing things the hard way.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Question...in the graphs I saw no data for the Electric Range numbers....all I saw were the melee numbers. Is this because they were practically the same or did the test just not get done? If it is that the numbers were the same does that not make Electric too strong for Range? I would also like to know the powers and rotation used for the melee and the range (if it was done and i just missed it) just out of curiosity.

I like that everyone pitched in and helped out with the data...sorry I could only help with Fire even though my main power is Electric (I just cannot seem to clip those weapon attacks consistently and prefer to play from the tray).

I do agree that the fastest way to balance the powers is to just eliminate the midrange all together. Will not be popular at all but will be the fastest and easiest way to do it. It should not be to difficult to change the 12.5m powers to 7m...should be an easy fix....again though it will not be popular at all. Lesser of two evils I think....may see players quit the game again like with OC and GU47. However the game does seem to be losing players left and right due to the powers being so out of wack all the time now anyway.

One last thing. I feel that every power should have the ability to play from the tray and be competitive, I also think that every power should be able to throw in some weapon clips with powers and stay competitive as well as use the WM+Powers option and be competitive. Doing this of course would lead to many more revamps and updates but would give every player that chance to play their favorite power their way (to an extent).
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol I'm not cherry picking anything i just did some parses quick as a example. You stand in front of a dummy and do your rotation then look at the parser...why make this so hard lmao!
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sorcery can be made great with a few minor power buffs and a change to the pet base damage.

Earth as well However, for melee, those aftershocks need a considerable buff if you want it to be good at that range instead of always relying on Haymaker and Handspring kick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.