Style bugs

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Dreadwolf, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

2. DulcesS Well-Known Player

There's a little issue with Exalted Head and Super Speed. While the movement is active the skin of the head of the toon can be seen through the hood.
  3. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I wanted to confirm this was fixed.

Hades Cape, in hover, on Small Monarch.

It still clips a little when you rest or sleep, but it is not that bad. So thank you, Devs. :)

• Like x 1
  5. The Vigilante Committed Player

2 years later and they still haven't fixed the paramilitary chest neck clip for the large strikers body nor have they fixed many (if any) of the head piece masks for the large striker.

I mean, this thread is only 14 pages and not all of the posts are for style bugs. ALL of the style bugs in this thread should have been addressed by now.

2 years and nothing? Pathetic.

Also 2+ years and I suppose they have decided that we are still not worthy of using face styles with the Batman inspired mask.:rolleyes:

And they wonder why people leave this game in droves.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And this STILL has not been fixed as of the last time I checked a few weeks ago. :mad:
  7. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

Developers I'm BEGGING you to fix my Dresden 7 shoulders. They've been bugged since launch but I still hope that one day you guys will find the time to get them straight...now I'll provide some examples.

How they should look (Dresden 7 is the first one from the left)
    [IMG]
    Notice how the shoulder pads rest on the shoulder more horizontally and flat.

Now here's how they look in game:
    [IMG]
    The shoulders in game are more vertically placed, and it results in the shoulder nastily overlapping with 90% of the chest armors in game.
  8. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Part of the skin shows through the arm bracer of the with Noble Warrior chest style on the mesa (can't remember which size) female body type. This happens on both arms.

[IMG]
  9. marvelousman Well-Known Player

They will never fix it...this game have only one priority: gameplay
    Just It, give up....
  10. marvelousman Well-Known Player

This game has the worst anatomy of all time.
    A game that does not have a graphical optimization should not be in the xbox-one.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. marvelousman Well-Known Player

The Devs dont care about aesthetic graphics of the game,
    they produce these styles anyway.
    without even worrying about the various combinations that styles should have.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. marvelousman Well-Known Player

They will never fix it, the only priority to them is gameplay. The characters is just a cosmetic item for gameplay.
  13. marvelousman Well-Known Player

They do these styles in a hasty and sloppy way.
  14. The Vigilante Committed Player

I agree that they do things hastily and make hasty decisions without thinking of the consequences,

The paramilitary chest style for the large striker has been bugged/clipped neck since the the new body types came out. The normal paramilitary neck didn't clip at all prior to that. They just don't seem to want to fix a style that people see in the character creator from the beginning and get their first impressions of the game from which is unwise on their part.
  15. The Vigilante Committed Player

I agree that they do things hastily and make hasty decisions without thinking of the consequences,

The paramilitary chest style for the large striker has been bugged/clipped neck since the the new body types came out. The normal paramilitary neck didn't clip at all prior to that. They just don't seem to want to fix a style that people see in the character creator from the beginning and get their first impressions of the game from which is unwise on their part.
    • Like x 1
  16. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I hope someday DC/WARNER change this Dev Team to another more dedicated.
  17. The Vigilante Committed Player

I think it is more the management and the directors and the execs who concentrate more on gambling schemes and primarily concentrating on things that can make money rather than fun content and no-cost improvements that make the game better and will in the long run be more lucrative because people will want to sub and play the game. Styles, for instance, should be account-wide for legendary subscribers to attract and retain more players and make the game alt friendly but they chose to make people pay for it via unlocks which makes the company seem even more greedy than it already appeared.

The dev team is not the best because there is almost zero diversity as far as color/ethnicity so they obviously chose to pass on talented, non-white, devs just to keep their workforce "homogenized".
    • Like x 1
  18. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I think this dev team should have few people.
    It must be hard for these few people take care of several things at once.
    They sacrifice the aesthetics of the characters for the sake of gameplay.
    The game has a beautiful environment, with beautiful light effects.
    But the characters are lifeless.
    No antialising.
    The faces are horrible while NPCs are much more detailed.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    If it was a much larger group.
    There should be several teams of developers.
    Each one taking care of one aspect of the game.
    A team to character models and styles.
    One for gameplay, another to resolve bugs, etc ...
    A small team has to give priority only to the gameplay.
    And the style bugs are in an endless queue to be solved.
    [IMG][IMG]
  19. marvelousman Well-Known Player

If they keep acting this way,
    the game will become obsolete over time.
    New games that meet the expectations of the players will emerge shortly.
    It's a matter of time before DCUO die.
    It is a pity.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Vigilante Committed Player

I agree with most of your post for sure. Definitely the faces are bad and the lips (and noses in a lot of cases) are way to small and thin making the women look manly and the men looking, well, weird. Lots of beady eyes too.

And I never understood why a modern mmo released in 2011 did and does not have native anti-aliasing

They had a much larger dev team initially but refused to implement many of the changes we players suggested that would help with player retention until it was too late and millions of players left the game. They are now implementing many of our suggested changes but they seem to always be slanted towards charging players for said changes instead of making them free for subscribers and charging f2p players a small fee which I feel is a big mistake for long-term player-base growth/future retention.

If they had the devs work on style bugs 1/2 hour a day things would have been fixed long before now with negligible hindrance on game-play and content development.

The marketplace is woefully under-utilized as a source of revenue also. For the life of me I cannot begin to understand the marketplace business model but someone is too stubborn to admit it is a failure and make necessary changes to it.
    • Like x 1