I don't usually make threads

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gale Reaper, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 4-5 years, you know that PvP and Legends have been a 5-minutes-before-we-go-home kind of thing, and that's an overstatement. I don't make my presence known in the threads that tend to "discuss" this, reasons being that what I wanted to say has already been said.

On to the point:
    -GU50 launches today
    -Featuring Black Adam - who has been on test for a whooping whole 7 days, with an astonishing 0 developer replies to testing feedback. This wouldn't be a problem if he started out balanced, but he didn't, instead he's just as broken (aka OP ) as Shazam.

Discuss?
    • Like x 6
  2. BIGBOYSEAN132 New Player

You are 100% correct.
  3. kravonik New Player

What's to discuss. They have already showed that they don't listen to feedback and ignore pvpers. They don't want serious papers in this game. They want casual at best.
  4. Vaper Level 30

The primary purpose of most company's is to make money, does it really... I mean really have to be worried about 'nerf' threads, 'complaint' threads, focusing more on balancing every single Toon to be released etc.. Or would it be in there own interest ( as has been said before here many times ofc ) to 'cash' in first ? Black Adam going to be Store purchased only character perchance ? hmmmm ? I wonder.

I dont know why most of the people on these threads bother to discuss at all, I mean it's like groundhog day you all going round in circles for so long now.
    When will they realize that they will get what they are given.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They already stated at SOE Live last year that Superman, one of the worst legends in the game was by far the best selling legend, meanwhile Circe, who's extremely good, sold so poorly they stopped making female legends.

It's not even the lack of adjustments most people are pissed about, its the total lack of communication and begs the question "why the hell do they bother making the threads?" Because I honestly don't know. A lot of the most constructive and helpful people on the forums are incredibly pissed off and a lot left. And it's not because the devs made design decisions people disliked, its because of craptastic customer service.
    • Like x 7
  6. kravonik New Player

Why should we "settle"? Mmos are evolving games and build and grow from feedback. However these devs seem to make this a non-mmo game each update and every time they ignore feedback. We paid for this game. We paid for updates why should we settle for less then what we as consumers paid for?
    • Like x 1
  7. Vaper Level 30

Ok fair point about Superman.
    Yes you are, I respect you Enquirer and others here too, with all your collective massive knowledge on PvP mechanics and I have learnt a hell of a lot about PvP over these last couple of years by reading here kind of like my morning paper :) and i get inspired to make a new toon and keep playing etc.
    I already had my own reasons to complain broken in this game way back when they messed up staff bb and then they killed off open world which was the best fun and the biggest mistake imo, then they bring in WM blah blah Yourself and other have already been around all this so many times I just think of head and brick wall.
    Regards

Your still getting what you have paid for though yes :) ? A company has it's own priorities / agenda and yeah sure maybe they throw a bone now and again to encourage 'Feedback' but ultimately you will still get what you are given. No matter how skilled or knowledgeable you are in game.
  8. kravonik New Player

and that's the attitude that has given us the game we have today. And why their numbers are down and why people are not happy. You go ahead and keep the "oh well" attitude, ill move on to other games that listen to their customer base and at least make an effort to make an enjoyable game.
    • Like x 3
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm not even talking about me. After the incident that happened several weeks ago the only reason I'm here now is because the devs said "we won't ignore feedback, help shape the game" so I figured I'd give it one last shot. They handled this entire update like the Shazam feedback thread basically, even though I hardly touch PvE, to not even give real responses to people who lived on the test server is just downright disrespectful.

It's not even PvP wherein there's different metas of balance that can be discussed and debated upon. With power feedback this time people were literally posting hard numbers showing that things were drastically under performing in comparison to other things.
    • Like x 3
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

*double post
    • Like x 1
  11. Vaper Level 30

You got me in the wrong bracket for whichever attitude you think is responsible for the state of game.
    I like to think I was in this bracket - patient, but getting to the point of moving games after earning roughly 35 + sets of PvP armor just because I love 1 v 1 combat here.

I am however also a realist and would be deluded to think me having an opinion about the game I play carry any real weight. That is the devs job and not for me to demand or feel entitled to have my own way on any aspect, they have more than 1 simple complaint to deal with.
    • Like x 2
  12. Rekn Well-Known Player

Just curious about something....

If the Devs had say spent the last 6 to 12 months balancing the game to your specific suggestions/requests how many threads would have popped up about lack of content, getting bored, devs not listening? (If we dont get a new raid etc we are quitting)....

If they just focused on PVP balancing how many subs you think they would loose from the pve population?

This update alone people are not reading and asking what the new stuff is, and if the new power sets are getting released in this update?
  13. kravonik New Player

after 4 years patience runs out. If it was just me with the concerns then I would agree, however its a huge player base that has given feedback and has been ignored.
  14. kravonik New Player

really...I see a ton of people reading the update and knowing that their powers aren't getting fixed....in fact it was stated by a Dev if the power is weak who cares, we only care if its hitting stronger then normal. (Paraphrase).

they have shown that they can work on pvp and pve separate. The concern also isn't just arenas it was the total lack of taking feedback off an over powered legend, then doing the same thing with Black Adam.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont care aslong THE FLASH will come out alot more OP than Black Adam/Shazam:p

PS: i dont care Legend at all, unlike pvp i am all for Legends to be OP (like they are in the comic) , giving everyone a 50% SC which can 1hit KO another Legend character.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

In a way I agree with you. One of the most common requests is faster feedback and a dev dedicated to PvP balance, but it's just not feasible. They're unlikely to hire someone new to only look after PvP when they've just been sold and they're tightening the purse strings. And this isn't a democracy so I'm sure it infuriates them seeing all these cheeky players saying "listen to me!" all the time.

It really comes down to the fact that their strategic decisions have led to a product that players don't like. Seeing whether they have the wisdom to reverse course is the only thing keeping me and several others around.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Oh, a lot, but I'm not asking for that and neither are a lot of other people. Players posted OUTSTANDING feedback for 3 weeks and nothing happened, which means instead of focusing on new content and quality of life improvements, we get to spend more time dealing with this same BS again.

Seriously, they'd be better off doing away with the testing period and just saying "here's the power update, we're going to focus on new content". If people are going to spend weeks of their time testing something, AT THE DIRECT REQUEST OF THE DEVELOPERS, a conversation is damn well warranted.
    • Like x 4
  18. Rekn Well-Known Player

Thank You for the replies. I was just curious about what your thoughts would be on that.

I agree with you guys on most the points your stating to be clear and after my last few weeks returning I feel they went in a horrid direction with PVP, main reason I liked or enjoyed this game.

As well as I wish they would better balance the legend characters...like the fact that Catwoman lunge attack hits for almost 1k consistently as to where every other legend I play your lucky if your lunge attack hits for 400pts of dmg... the bulk of the changes they have made since I last played have really turned me off. Yet I still want to check out all the content that they have released since last I played and I was excited to see a lot of new Legends.

I hope they would listen more or at least attempt to institute or give a chance to the player made suggestions.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If there's one message I'll give you coming back to this, don't hold your breath.
  20. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

While I struggle to find any positive outcomes born of season 3, they did say they were creating a base to build from. Knowing what we do now, it's not a solid base for an all inclusive experience,it's geared towards DPS vs DPS.

I believe the development team doesn't have a solid vision of PvP or a real direction to take it rather than a lack of resources or man power or knowledge or what have you. Season 3 is as bare bones PvP as we can get, combat is entirely counter reliant and immunity throws a monkey wrench in the whole thing being the only viable form of mitigation and it trivializes our tray capacity for shields and reflections. Crit caps are the only thing I find agreeable at this point, the rest can be scrapped and take us back to season 2, forget this competitive ideal some players desire, bring back the fun.
    • Like x 1